Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Are The Best H7 Headlights?

Cookey09

Alright, thanks for that bud, do you know how they compare against the likes of the osram cool blue intense/intense hyper?

And nah can't see them causing a fuss mate.

I had the Cool Blues before and the Crystalvisions are much whiter. I got them after others said that they match the DRLs on the Fiesta perfectly and they do.

• Like 1

I had the Cool Blues before and the Crystalvisions are much whiter. I got them after others said that they match the DRLs on the Fiesta perfectly and they do.

Alright thanks mate, guessing you mean the LED DRL'S? How would you rate light output of the crystal visions?

Yes the LED DRLs. The output of the Crystalvisions is very good I think. After having the dipped beam adjusted up a bit I barely even need to use the full beam on unlit roads at night which shows how good the dipped beam can be when adjusted properly.

• Like 1

Yes the LED DRLs. The output of the Crystalvisions is very good I think. After having the dipped beam adjusted up a bit I barely even need to use the full beam on unlit roads at night which shows how good the dipped beam can be when adjusted properly.

Thanks mate! Potential purchase for me now! How did you go about adjusting the dipped beam? Guessing a local garage? Ford dealer?

Thanks mate! Potential purchase for me now! How did you go about adjusting the dipped beam? Guessing a local garage? Ford dealer?

It was an independant Ford garage in Hull which also did the wiring for my dashcam, and they charged about £20 for both. You can adjust the dipped beam yourself but I wanted it done by a professional so they can make sure the angle is correct.

I was also very sceptical about the HID's but I have had them in for over a year and I will never go back again, bright as hell and gives the perfect colour

• Like 1

I always tended towards nightbreaker unlimited.

Not the whitest bulbs but by god they are bright.

Especially good on motorways where they really come into their own, they illuminate signs/lines/catseyes very well.

The high beam ones are like a floodlight.

Hi Clive, which ones are high beam ones?

I do have nightbreaker unlimited fitted.

Yunii

I have no doubt the Nightbreakers are as good as everybody says but I went for Ring Xenon Ultima's. The Osrams claim to be 110% brighter than standard bulbs whereas the Ultima's are 120% brighter and they are fully road legal. They are a white light which is a good match for the DRL LED's and provide good levels of illumination especially on unlit country roads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It would be good to see all these bulbs in a side-by-side test. The manufacturers claim they are so many percent brighter or whiter, but that depends on how they measure it and how honest they're being.

• Like 2

It would be good to see all these bulbs in a side-by-side test. The manufacturers claim they are so many percent brighter or whiter, but that depends on how they measure it and how honest they're being.

This is my dilema, after my thread yesterday I am tempted to upgrade my bulbs but want to know what I am updating to before commiting to something

• Like 1

I have no doubt the Nightbreakers are as good as everybody says but I went for Ring Xenon Ultima's. The Osrams claim to be 110% brighter than standard bulbs whereas the Ultima's are 120% brighter and they are fully road legal. They are a white light which is a good match for the DRL LED's and provide good levels of illumination especially on unlit country roads.

Might have a look into them mate! That's what I'm after! Good light output and a white light aestechially.

• Like 1

Quick question.. Autobulbsdirect, say they are 2500kelvin.... How do they emit a white light at this colour temp?

post-62772-0-27076900-1443024965_thumb.j

Quick question.. Autobulbsdirect, say they are 2500kelvin.... How do they emit a white light at this colour temp?

Because if the picture on that site is of the correct bulb, there's no way it's going to emit white light. If you compare that to something like Crystalvisions, the bulb is blue tinted which filters out some of the yellow light, resulting in a whiter light. Some other bulbs that have very heavy blue tinting actually produce a blue light like some HIDs, but at the cost of blocking out a lot of the light output.

• Like 3

The lower the kelvin rating the more yellow the light.

I think the advertiser is being 'very optomistic'.

• Like 1

i bought ultra power bulbs 5000k on my last fiesta and the misses astra . They have a nice bright output and put out a long range light with a little tint of blue when up close . I would recommend them but am the same am looking for the more whiter look now the look that you see on audi's bmw's vw's whiteness not using there drl's

Because if the picture on that site is of the correct bulb, there's no way it's going to emit white light. If you compare that to something like Crystalvisions, the bulb is blue tinted which filters out some of the yellow light, resulting in a whiter light. Some other bulbs that have very heavy blue tinting actually produce a blue light like some HIDs, but at the cost of blocking out a lot of the light output.

Didn't think it would mate, but dave754 says they emit a white light... So just clearing things up about bud,and yeah that's right about the blue coating mate, got some h15's in with a blue costing, emitting a decent white light output!

• Like 1

So could someone please tell me what bulbs to upgrade to get the best level of lighting for all of them :)

So could someone please tell me what bulbs to upgrade to get the best level of lighting for all of them :)

That's what we're trying to find out mate!😉

• Like 1

I think the best bet will be either Osram Nightbreaker or Philips Xtreme Vision for the best light output. Then if you want a whiter light you could change to something else, but you would lose some light output unless upgrading to HIDs.

I think the best bet will be either Osram Nightbreaker or Philips Xtreme Vision for the best light output. Then if you want a whiter light you could change to something else, but you would lose some light output unless upgrading to HIDs.

I presume this is for dipped? What about sidelights and main beam etc?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club