Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaking When Reversing

DanaScully

Hi all,

I'm new here, so this is my first thread. This is my first car so I'm still getting used to things!

Does anyone know why my car would squeak whilst I am reversing? It sounds as if it's coming from the passenger side front tyre, but I could be wrong. It's not consistent and comes and goes.

There is also a ticking/clicking type of noise when I'm driving, usually around 30-40mph. I don't hear it when I am on the motorway or a dual carriageway. Again, it sounds like it's coming from the same tyre but I'm not 100%.

I know the obvious advice is to see a mechanic, however I thought I would ask in case anyone might know.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Dana

Firstly welcome fellow xfiles fan :)

One possible cause could be a worn wheel bearing on the side of the noise. Fairly cheap to fix. Good luck

Click noise? Check for a stone or nail in tyre. Does the squeak happen when pressing the brakes in reverse?

Thanks for the welcome, always nice when someone gets the reference! :)

Thank you both for your replies. Kyle, the squeak isn't from the brakes. It's just when I put the car into reverse and lift the clutch. I have tried tapping the brakes and no squeaks from that.

I will check the tyre for a stone/nail and look into the wheel bearing. Cheers :)

The first reply might be right it could possibly be a bearing but i would of thought it would of done it in both directions. If you have looked could you post a quick video via youtube? Might give us a better understanding. Maybe top strut mounts for suspension as well that has been known to make a clicking type noise. Little bit of play in that side.

Hope you get on well and find it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club