Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Theoretically... How Impractical Would St Upgrade Be?

Mental_Atom

So I have my ecoboost 1.0 ZS and I love it, but I'm having a moment of madness and just *thinking* what it might cost to upgrade to an ST...

I probably won't (almost certainly), but how would it work? The facts are these:

• I'm on hire purchase, and the amount remaining to pay is basically 7k (2 years left)
  • According to autotrader, the value of my car at this point would be roughly 9k (1 year old, 11k miles)
  • The rough cost of an ST direct from ford is around 20k (although I assume you could do substantial discounts)

So I presume that were I to want to do it, then I would PX, they'd knock the 7k off the 9k so I'd have 2k left, and that'd be what's left as the deposit for the new one.

Meaning that if the car was about 20k I'd need to finance 18 (which is obviously a terrible idea) although I guess on options you could maybe get a better deal?

Just checking I have that all right. If I do, it doesn't seem like a great idea as I'll be paying waaaay more than I am now (although I dont know about options or anything).

Any input appreciated! :D

If you traded it in you would get trade price which will be less than the 9k (Is that trade price, private or retail?). Although you're probably correct in assuming that you could get a decent discount off the ST by pushing them hard. Dealers make a lot of money off their finance & accessories, so if you're willing to take finance on the ST you could get them down even further.

If you traded it in you would get trade price which will be less than the 9k (Is that trade price, private or retail?). Although you're probably correct in assuming that you could get a decent discount off the ST by pushing them hard. Dealers make a lot of money off their finance & accessories, so if you're willing to take finance on the ST you could get them down even further.

Autotrader was quoting 9k for part exchange, 10k for private sale (although obviously it's only rough)

Best to go in and discuss it with a dealer, is the £7k left what ford have told you or you have gone x months X £x, if so it would be less you owe due to interest.

Do you need the ST3 or will a ST1 or 2 with some options do, ST1 starts at just over £17k

On options you would not be financing the whole amount after deposit, need to take the gmfv off.

Get quotes off Carwow and drivethedeal (ST3 should be less than £17k) to help get a better price with a local dealer, drivethedeal don't take P/X but might do as you are already with ford finance.

Best to go in and discuss it with a dealer, is the £7k left what ford have told you or you have gone x months X £x, if so it would be less you owe due to interest.

Do you need the ST3 or will a ST1 or 2 with some options do, ST1 starts at just over £17k

On options you would not be financing the whole amount after deposit, need to take the gmfv off.

Get quotes off Carwow and drivethedeal (ST3 should be less than £17k) to help get a better price with a local dealer, drivethedeal don't take P/X but might do as you are already with ford finance.

7k is the settlement value from Ford credit, I checked earlier on their site. I wouldnt neccesarily be going for ST3, but if I base it on that then that's the max it could be I guess.

I might email the dealer I got my car from (in yorkshire) because they gave me a crazy discount on this car when I bought it off them and the service was excellent (saved 3-4k off fords list price).

Also being an ST owner, I presume you would recommend the upgrade? haha

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to help.

Regards,

Dan.

I had a 1.0 ZS then chopped it in for n ST3.

Best decision I ever made.

Worth the increased tax and fuel then?

have you cheeked the insurance as the st will be hell of a lot more

I got several quotes for 2k or so but also a couple for about 600-700 which is no more than I'm paying now

So I have my ecoboost 1.0 ZS and I love it, but I'm having a moment of madness and just *thinking* what it might cost to upgrade to an ST...

I probably won't (almost certainly), but how would it work? The facts are these:

• I'm on hire purchase, and the amount remaining to pay is basically 7k (2 years left)
  • According to autotrader, the value of my car at this point would be roughly 9k (1 year old, 11k miles)
  • The rough cost of an ST direct from ford is around 20k (although I assume you could do substantial discounts)

So I presume that were I to want to do it, then I would PX, they'd knock the 7k off the 9k so I'd have 2k left, and that'd be what's left as the deposit for the new one.

Meaning that if the car was about 20k I'd need to finance 18 (which is obviously a terrible idea) although I guess on options you could maybe get a better deal?

Just checking I have that all right. If I do, it doesn't seem like a great idea as I'll be paying waaaay more than I am now (although I dont know about options or anything).

Any input appreciated! :D

I recently swapped my 1.0 ecoboost in for an ST3 I got just over 10k for my Zetec S so only had to put a bit towards the ST. Well worth it its cost about the same in Fuel if you drive carefully but that doesn't happen often. Best decision I made though its such a step up the 1.0 is good for what it is but its nothing on an ST trust me.

• Like 1

Are service costs more ? Harder ride , 2 door only option ? tax is more & fuel plus insurance and plus every bad person will want to steal it or damage it out of jealousy and in debt by a lot more , More stress etc is it worth it ?Only you can decide !

Beware the instant circa 25% - 30 % drive away depreciation when buying a new car ( VAT is 20%)

• Like 1

Are service costs more ? Harder ride , 2 door only option ? tax is more & fuel plus insurance and plus every bad person will want to steal it or damage it out of jealousy and in debt by a lot more , More stress etc is it worth it ?Only you can decide !

I've only had the car since May so service costs no idea but it won't be that much more. The tax from free to £130 I can live with doesn't bother me at all. 2 door only is better as the car looks a lot better than the 4 door and I have no need for a 4 door. The ride is firm but only a slow speed you notice it on the motorway or normal speed it's fine. The fuel cost like I said isn't really more I usually get 41-46mpg which is better than most with th 1.0 litre get reading things on here although I did used to get 60out of mine. Insurance wasn't anymore and with Mountune fitted somehow actually went down so I'm not going to complain at that. As for the damage and things that's not something you get with a fiesta really I think your talking more with super cars people get jelouse. Never had any sign of jelousesy aimed at me or seen.

As for the damage and things that's not something you get with a fiesta really I think your talking more with super cars people get jelouse. Never had any sign of jelousesy aimed at me or seen.

Really ?

Too many Fiesta ST's stolen & keyed according to posts just on this one forum

Really ?

Too many Fiesta ST's stolen & keyed according to posts just on this one forum

Yeh never had anything aimed at me. It could just be the area as a Fiesta ST here isn't really anything special. There is a few ST's about but lots of other stuff like Range Rovers and Bentleys which take priority in the jelousy of people I think.

Beware the instant circa 25% - 30 % drive away depreciation when buying a new car ( VAT is 20%)

I know its always a pain but its something I am fine to do I plan on having this car for a while so I can live with it for the benefits of a new car.

I'm very happy to keep my Titanium EcoBoost.

Reasons for this? It basically has:

Full leather, ambient lighting, reversing sensors, active city stop, keyless entry, push-start button, dess-up kit (spoiler/skirts), upgraded wheels!

Plus all the other mods I’ve done to it, stage 1 remap, air-filter, custom exhaust, etc.. etc..

For what’s it’s worth, I’m happy with the £0 tax, plus I don’t have to pay a £48 per year fee for my resident parking permit.

..plus it goes like the clappers!!

• Like 1

Depends on the discount you get, if the car's rrp is £20k but you paid £16k, when you drive off the forecourt if the car is then valued at say £15k if you paid rrp you've lost 25%, if you paid £16k you've lost 6.5%

Do it you will not regret it. I had the MK7 ZS before this and the ST is by far the better car. As said go to your local dealer and get some figures worked out they may surprise you, but make sure you check out car wow and the likes first so you are ready to barter them down. At the end of the day if you're happy with payment figures they give you and the other costs you will have much more fun.

As for damage any car can be subject to that, yes mine has been keyed by an empty head but I don't think the actual car came into it probably just that he wanted to do it and my car was in the wrong place at the wrong time

i was considering doing this, but by the time it's worth it for me, the new gen fiestas will probably be out. i love my fiesta too much, and it's too new (i think i'd take a big hit, pay what's left minus the value of trade in plus the st (used, 20k miles, white...)

i can't justify it, not just yet. insurance would be as near as makes no difference identical to what i pay now

i was considering doing this, but by the time it's worth it for me, the new gen fiestas will probably be out. i love my fiesta too much, and it's too new (i think i'd take a big hit, pay what's left minus the value of trade in plus the st (used, 20k miles, white...)

i can't justify it, not just yet. insurance would be as near as makes no difference identical to what i pay now

I thought it'd be undoable I was just getting quotes, but it's pretty doable after all! £200 a month for an ST2 on options purely using the finance remainder and trade in value and stuff. I guess I'm taking a bit of a hit on what I've paid for the HP but it's not terrible. I could probably make up for it with the reduced payments on PCP over time.

my car is only a few months old - i'd be hit at least 4 grand (i think) on top of the used st i would have looked at (st-3... not too keen on the keyless aspects, though...)

it was being offered for £15k. i couldn't justify it. it's far too soon

my car is only a few months old - i'd be hit at least 4 grand (i think) on top of the used st i would have looked at (st-3... not too keen on the keyless aspects, though...)

it was being offered for £15k. i couldn't justify it. it's far too soon

If it's only a few months then fair enough!

Do it you will not regret it. I had the MK7 ZS before this and the ST is by far the better car. As said go to your local dealer and get some figures worked out they may surprise you, but make sure you check out car wow and the likes first so you are ready to barter them down. At the end of the day if you're happy with payment figures they give you and the other costs you will have much more fun.

As for damage any car can be subject to that, yes mine has been keyed by an empty head but I don't think the actual car came into it probably just that he wanted to do it and my car was in the wrong place at the wrong time

Okay but honestly, how bad is the ride (in real life) - People seem to range from "its the worst thing ever" to "its perfectly fine" - What's your opinion? Personally I figure whatever it is I'd get used to it pretty quickly anyway.