Do Not Sell My Personal Information

puma 1.7

puma17

A couple of things i could do with some help with. I have had a ford puma for about a year now. From time to time when in gear moving when i put my foot down a little the engine will rev and not give me any increased power to the wheels. Its not something that happens all the time, i can go a month without it happening then it will start again and may last a day or a week. The drive when puling away seems ok, maybe the clutch is on the way out a little. The second thing is the heater, it has a mind of its own. I can have the heater turned off and still get red hot air out of the system. When i start the car in the morning the heater will work fine, once i have turned the car off when i return to it and drive away the heater will have developted a mind of its own for the rest of the day. Evan with all the switches turned off the heat coming out of the dash is like a hair dryer on hot blow. Any ideas... Appart from the above great car. Why did Ford ever stop making it ????

the only reason the engin revs will rise without drive is down to a clutch problem, slipping will start to show itself in the higher gears first. the heater problem could be the heater controlle valve playing up.

• 3 months later...
A couple of things i could do with some help with. I have had a ford puma for about a year now. From time to time when in gear moving when i put my foot down a little the engine will rev and not give me any increased power to the wheels. Its not something that happens all the time, i can go a month without it happening then it will start again and may last a day or a week. The drive when puling away seems ok, maybe the clutch is on the way out a little. The second thing is the heater, it has a mind of its own. I can have the heater turned off and still get red hot air out of the system. When i start the car in the morning the heater will work fine, once i have turned the car off when i return to it and drive away the heater will have developted a mind of its own for the rest of the day. Evan with all the switches turned off the heat coming out of the dash is like a hair dryer on hot blow. Any ideas... Appart from the above great car. Why did Ford ever stop making it ????

Because they ran out of Fiesta parts to build them :lol:

The line which was being used to make the Puma was needed for the new Fiesta, and Yamaha's contract with Ford to build the 1.7 engine had come to an end.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club