Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Are You Running?

jmurray01

Nice one, I think I might have read about that before. I'm still thinking of the old days were even an upgrade from DirectX 9 to 9c needed a new graphics card, for all that HDR goodness :)

Edit: I remember there was an update to DirectX 11, maybe 11.1, which had some features that only the latest graphics cards supported. And it looks like it's the same with 12, but there will still be some performance improvements for older cards.

My pc is black. I know where the on button is then just press the keyboard thing when I want to make comments etc. my phone is a galaxy s5 or something like that :D P C is running windows 7. not sure whether to upgrade to windows 10.

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro - Surface Pro 3 Tablet

Windows 10 Home - PC (i5 750)

Android 5.1 - LG G4

I've not had a single issue with Windows 10, I just find the File Explorer slightly annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 10 Pro - TheDominator industries computer

Cyanogenmod 12.1 ( Android 5.1.1) - HTC One M8

Gaming/rendering PC - Windows 10 Pro

HATE the file explorer

HTC one m8 - lollipop

Spare PC - Windows 7

I'm confused what everyone dislikes about the file Explorer, its just the same that's been used for years lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm confused what everyone dislikes about the file Explorer, its just the same that's been used for years lol

That's exactly what I was going to say, lol.

• Like 1

Not when coming from Windows 7,

I've used the Ribbon Type Explorer on my Surface tablet with 8.1 before,

but not on my desktop where I actually use it for organizing and using files regularly.

I liked having file/tag info constantly available at the bottom, with a choice of file preview on the right,

now it's one or the other on the right side only, theres alot of dead space, easily enough room for both.

And I hate the tiny Detail/Thumb View buttons on the bottom right which you have to use or have

to mess about changing the Ribbon Bar to View and changing it that way.

Rant Over lol

• Like 1

Its more the start menu I dislike, and the way the extra submenus have been added in the file explorer

The new Explorer offers a lot of customisation and is best one imo.

Worth spending a bit of time going through the options and customising it to your liking.

The new Explorer offers a lot of customisation and is best one imo.

Worth spending a bit of time going through the options and customising it to your liking.

Personally I like it a lot and having recently used 7 on a new laptop it is definitely worth the trade-off if you don't like the file explorer. Windows 7 feels quite old now to me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club