Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 burning smell

shabazmo

My wife drove home yesterday and as she exited the car she noticed a strong burning smell coming from the rear of the car. It transpired she drove the car 5 miles with the hand brake on. The question is what should I do?

My wife drove home yesterday and as she exited the car she noticed a strong burning smell coming from the rear of the car. It transpired she drove the car 5 miles with the hand brake on. The question is what should I do?

Hmm, tricky. It's frowned upon these days to beat your wife - with good reason too. It is the 21st Century after all. I guess a quick cuff round the ear should suffice.

Hope that helps.

Edit note: in my tiredness last night, I might not have guaged the audience here correctly, as I'm used to far more un-PC environments! Hope I didn't offend too much... I'm a nice guy really ;)

If you're concerned about damage occured, it may be worth taking the car back to dealer and getting them to check it out for you, you could always make up some lame story that you noticed a burning smell and happen to notice how hot the wheels felt as if the brakes were binding!!

Cheers Pete

I don't think it's likely you'll have done any damage. Maybe taken a couple of months of life off the brake pads, but no big deal.

Thanks for the replies. I wanted advice on what to do with the wife, not the car. The car is OK. Welshie had the right kind of idea!

you could book her some mechanic lessons at the local garage. And then make her pay for the rear brake service when it's due.. and to top it off make her clean and polish the car o and hoover it out while u sit and watch :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the replies. I wanted advice on what to do with the wife, not the car. The car is OK. Welshie had the right kind of idea!

You gotta fight fire with fire matey - use an old woman trick and withhold s*x until you feel suitably better.

:lol:

Chris...