Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot

nbuuifx

I've got the regular Mondeo not the Estate.

I've noticed that the boot doesn't seem to be the best design ever. When I'm parked water runs down the channels either side and collects at the bottom. When I open the boot the boot lifts up some of the water which then drips on me. Then when I close the boot the remaining water splashes out and makes me look like I've pee'd my self. Has anyone done anything to stop/reduce this problem? I don't like the thought of the boot lid sitting in pools of water all the time - although it does feel like a good portion of the boot lid is plastic anyway.

I also notice there is a bit of a mark in the middle where it looks like the boot lid rubs/makes contact with the bumper. Is this normal or should it be adjusted away a bit?

• Like 1

Check the drip holes are cleaned out.I did hear that this is a common fault and they do do a rubber seal for it not sure part no. as for the bumper that could of had previous damage where a light bumper has pushed the bumper up catching tailgate

I must admit, the boot is a let down, even on the hatch, after its been raining, I get more wet from opening the boot, and the rain water running down the side and off the bootlid, splashing into the car or off the edge and onto my head, than I actually get wet from standing in the rain in the first place!

Park uphill :) I agree, its a design flaw with water going everywhere when you open the tailgate. I'm fortunate I have a slope outside the house and try avoid parking it facing downhill whenever possible.

• Like 2

There will be something you can attach to the car to prevent this I suspect

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

The mk2/2.5 Focus has an optional anti-drip kit which consists of a pair of channels you add to the sides of the glass.

Don't believe they were ever an option on the Mondy though.

• Like 2

I know there was a modification done on the rear tailgate. It was something like a rubber strip running it's length. I noticed a definite difference between my mk4 and mk4.5 mondeos. No water drips or splashes.

Thanks for the replies mine is a 59 plate - is that too old for the modification to be in place?

I do park facing uphill at home (most of the time) but at work it is all flat.

Pity, I wouldn't mind a small fix to my mondy...

I would say it can't hurt, but I must admit, my wallet always tends to hurt when I ask Ford parts for something... That's before opening it up to be fleeced lol

• 1 month later...

Just fitted these mods to my 09 Mondeo and they stop the problem

Part numbers

FINIS CODE

1614841 R Hand

1614872 L Hand

Unclip the pistons that hold the hatch up and stick the parts on,do not forget that the hatch will need supporting when the pistons are removed.

I presume the piston re attaches after fitment lol

When you have fitted the mod the pistons just push on but make sure you refit the spring clips back as well i found it better to push them on from the top until they are in the groove bit of a fiddle but not a real problem.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club