Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cigar Lighter Fuse Blowing

Supersons

Hi,

was using my cigar lighter to charge my phone over the weekend when I was away. The fuse blew and I replaced it yesterday with another 20Amp fuse. It worked ok in daylight. However when I went in last night and plugged the phone in to charge and put the lights on etc it blew again. Is this likely to be a faulty cigar lighter socket now or do I require to put a higher amp fuse in (25 perhaps)

Thanks Martin

The fuse is blowing for a reason, and by blowing it is protecting the electrical circuit, whatever you do, DO NOT increase the fuse amperage as the fuse may not then blow but a electrical fire may ensue instead

• Like 1

mine blew recently,after deciphering the book,mine was a 15 amp mini fuse.which at the time i didnt have so i put in a 10 amp.and its still in there working.but never go up in rating.have you checked within the socket for anything laying in there across the contacts?my camera charger had fallen apart and there was a piece of metal wedged in there.

memo to self change it for a 15amp.

Yep blew when the charger was in the socket. Thought it was the charger and bought new one. But it is fine as works on the socket in the boot ok

As the charger works in a different socket ok - it's likely to be the other socket or the wiring to it that is faulty

Any ideas how you get in to take the socket out? Sourced a replacement second hand from a scrap merchant.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club