Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Cam

yamahabob

Just fitted in my new dash cam G1W E- Prance of amazon for around £38 add says reduced from £399. Just plug into power socket and it comes on and starts recording straight away,seems ok instuctions rubbish but lots on Youtube about it but its simple to use and has a long power lead .

• Like 2

Got a mivue 518 here, will eventually get around to tucking the cable away.......eventually!

Is that an expensive one only I have no idea about them,my wife was concerned over the crash for cash thing so I looked on amazon and got this one. The ford we have is a 64 plate pre reg 1.6 zetec navigator with powershift .

purchased a cam exactly the same as Halfords one same spec for £20 it has all the functions good quality video thats all you need really

• Like 1

I've got a Mini 0801, cost about £30 iirc. Anything on the windscreen annoys me so only had it in a week then took it out lol. Recently had a couple of very near misses though so decided to hardwire it in and persevere. Can't really read number plates on the move with it though, which isn't so great!

Picked up a thinkware f750 duel cam and its great, perfect picture bomber mounts, caught all sorts on it, parking mode is definitely worth getting

must admit, I still love my GS, but I recon that £399 price tag was a "we ran out of stock and surely you arent daft enough to buy it at this price" :p rather than actually retailing at that price :p

Would be good to see the footage you guys get off yours for the discount products (Clive's I think cost a fair chunk for what it is?)

• Like 1

We would need a server to upload them too, YouTube compresses the images a fair amount so wouldn't be any use at the high resolutions that some of these cameras have.

We would need a server to upload them too, YouTube compresses the images a fair amount so wouldn't be any use at the high resolutions that some of these cameras have.

Agreed.

Footage from my camera is pin sharp but converting it to an online format/size (avi to mp4) severely degrades it.

I use my GoPro. The wife bought me one for my birthday last year as I wanted something to use as a dashcam, for airsofting and experience days. Some of these ~£30 dash cams seem better quality though, especially in low light.

• Like 1

Chuck it to the likes of Google drive, one drive, my other favourite is mega.co.nz,its completely encrypted and 50gb free

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

yeah, I have 5TB onedrive account but id need to see if there is anything about hosting stream-able content on it, each file segment is about 80MB so its not massive.

Just before folk start dumping RAW dashcam footage, to keep in mind that it will also more than likely contain GPS info, if you don't want a Big Bubba Jo come knocking on your door you, might want to make sure you use a clip that's away from home!

Couple of boring technical things to keep in mind

Dual camera setups like mine are limited to around 20Mbps overall across both cameras, this can mean that single camera setups have a better quality (usually around pixcelation of fast moving objects like trees or dark shaddows) So if you going to compare then make sure your comparing it to something your likely to actually buy, ie a single or dual camera. To be honest, youll not notice much difference on good quality cameras in the day, whether its using 11Mbps or 20Mbps, the number plate will still be readable regardless

• Like 1

I have a MiVue 358 at the front (been impressed with it overall) and occasionally I put my older Roadhawk cam at the rear. The rear cam is a bit of a pain really though as the mount keeps coming off the rear window, I presume because of the demister strips. The suction lasts about 1-2 days on it, then drops off!

I must admit to being another one who doesn't hide the power cable. Mine just hangs from the camera to the port.

ive got one in my car but the time and date is always wrong due to the battery being flat.any one know a way of making sure the battery stays charged ? ive got it wired so when switch car on it starts.but its always low on battery

The batteries in dashcams are really not that good, I treat mine as a mains operated one. Do you set it to switch off automatically?

The batteries in dashcams are really not that good, I treat mine as a mains operated one. Do you set it to switch off automatically?

i do yeah.is that good or bad

That'd good ad it should shut down when not being used.

• Like 1

That'd good as it should shut down when not being used.

it still always has the wrong time and date

Did you correct it? If it doesn't maintain the same time frame as before then I don't know why it's losing it all. Could be a faulty cam or the battery is truly done for.

Did you correct it? If it doesn't maintain the same time frame as before then I don't know why it's losing it all. Could be a faulty cam or the battery is truly done for.

i cant remember how to put it right .so will have to get the instructions out cheers

• Like 1

Does having the dash cams reduced anyone's insurance premiums, I'm considering one with my ST?

Some insurers offer a slight discount but as with most products, unless you have their preferred brands it won't be a big discount...

i cant remember how to put it right .so will have to get the instructions out cheers

Hopefully it's as simple as that :) a clock not set won't show the right time, so hopefully once you correct it things will behave as expected

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club