Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anti Hijack

TangoDaz

Hi all

I have a focus mk2.5 and want to know if I can set up the doors to lock automatically when I start to drive off? I had this function on my mk 1 focus but have not heard of this function on the later models of the focus.

you can but it needs to be done with elmconfig which is a long post on here.it tell you how its

works

Hi

How hard is it to do and what do you mean by elmconfig?

have a read of the link I sent its very long but its all good info elmconfig is the software

for a modified code reader

Hi

Thanks for the reply I think it is probably more trouble than it's worth.

its pretty straight forward, tricky bit is getting the elm327 device working, after that its just the click of a button

Hi Darren

Sorry to sound a bit stupid but what is this elm327 is it some sort of of device that plugs in to the cars ecu. How much do they cost. When plugged in do you just tick the appropriate box?

Everything you need is in the elmconfig thread. You really do need to read it to understand how it all works. It tells you what elm327 to look for and what to avoid etc.

Yep you can done it on mine bought elm 327 with switch off eBay around a tenner ...you can also choose what speed you want the doers to lock at too

Where is the link to this thread? Interested in doing this myself.

The full thread is here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31287-guide-for-focus-mk2mk25-c-maxkuga-elm-327-cable-and-ff2-program/

for some instructions related to this request (see the main thread if i missed anything out):

You will need to purchse this cable: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-OBD2-USB-Modified-Switch-Forscan-Elmconfig-Ford-Focus-Mondeo-Mazda-/161827401926?

make sure you install the drivers (instructions in the listing)

and download the ELMConfig sofware from here: http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/ (download the first two links and extract the ELMConfig zip and install the runtime pack)

turn the ignition on the car, not started, just ignition on (all the lights should come on the dash)

Once everything is set, run up ELMConfig, set the langage to english, the port to the one the cable is connccted to, the braud rate to auto-select and the connection to Focus II / C-Max / Kuga and then click open port

make sure the switch on the cable is set to MS-CAN

once the main window is open, click on the GEM button (on the top left of the side bar) and click read. make sure information is being displayed on that screen (igniton voltage, serial number, part number etc.)

click on configuration and click on page 2

click on Read from GEM and it should check some boxes on the screen, the ones that you have enabled in the car.

check the box "Auto-locking with re-locking"

also check the within that one, "Autolocking enabled by customer and AutoLocking with Re-locking"

click Write to GEM

wait for a success message

thats it, switch off the car, pull out the cable and youre done.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club