Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have The Problems With The Ford Powershift Transmission Been Fixed Yet?

Asim1000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJ03nHvoFg

I originally thought that this problem was only in North America, but I have heard it also applies to Europe as well.

Unfortunately, the only automatic transmission that is available with the Fiesta is the powershift transmission.

I would have happily bought a new 2015 Fiesta with the standard automatic transmission, but there is no way I would ever buy a powershift transmission unless it has been confirmed the 2015 powershift transmission has been fixed.

https://courtstreetford.wordpress.com/2015/06/08/2015-ford-focusfiesta-powershift-transmission-and-upgrades/

According to this article, the 2015 Fiesta and Focus have the new and improved powershift transmission.

2015 Fiesta PowerShift Transmission:

• Changes to the clutch material for better performance across temperature ranges
  • Enhancements for smoother shifting upon light acceleration
  • Improvements to parking efforts through modifications to the park lock system, making it easier to pull out of park, especially when parked on a grade.

Mine is fine. No issues at all. Only 1450 KM on the clock ;)

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Fiesta/

According to this website, the number of complaints about the 2015 Ford Fiesta Powershift transmission are far fewer than previous models .

This is also true for the Ford Focus: http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Focus/

Hopefully, all the major problems with the Powershift transmission have now been fixed.

I had a total replacement of the gearbox in 2014 .

until now all is fine and working ok car is remapped it is now 145Hp

This was ordered by Ford Netherlands the gearbox replacement

Covered 3600 miles in mine. Engine and gearbox perform better now than when it was new, haven't had any problems.

That video is now out of date. There have been mechanical and software updates to resolve earlier reported problems. If you look at the Powershift issues on this forum you will see they are about the older 1.6 Powershift.

I had a total replacement of the gearbox in 2014 .

until now all is fine and working ok car is remapped it is now 145Hp

This was ordered by Ford Netherlands the gearbox replacement

Care to tell more, why the whole gearbox was changed?

The reason it was replaced was it was not shiffting ok.

Jerk and jolt when it shift gears .

and i had a rpm drop in the 3 to 4 gea rto much drop.

• 3 months later...

Mine is stil fine after 9000km. Now he is shifting even better with 130bhp :wink3:

On 10/21/2015 at 11:58 AM, Richard b said:

The reason it was replaced was it was not shiffting ok.

Jerk and jolt when it shift gears .

and i had a rpm drop in the 3 to 4 gea rto much drop.

So you just needed to get the software updated - you didn't need to change anything mechanical.

I have a October 2014 focus powershift,no problems smooth change and I live on a very steep hill and it changes as it should. It was serviced in December and they did some sort of upgrade which I did see on the etis ford site.

My 2015 Fiesta Powershift is due for its first service in March. Should I ask them to check if there are any software updates? I have looked on Ford Etis and cannot find any reference to software, but there is a section that says:

Outstanding Field service Actions:  14M02 - Transmission Control Warranty Extension.

Does anyone know what this means and is there any software updates for the 2015 Powershift.

I had this done on mine the warranty is now extended to 5 years, I just let them get on with it, I did contact Ford who phoned me back the next day and said if you have any concerns over updates you do not have to have it done and it does not effect your warranty. When I looked on etis for mine it said upgrade to the tcm unit and warranty upgrade extension had it done all ok,so don't worrie.

This is sounding promising. I've been after an automatic for ages but it seemed the only decent auto gearbox was the VW DSG. I'm happy to hear that Ford seem to have fixed the powershift issues and I'll definitely be looking at a new Fiesta now.

Yamahabob

After you had the TCM update was there any noticeable difference in the way the gearbox changed gear or behaved?  

It shouldnt behave much different as the update is for the tcm module to trigger a dtc and inform driver of potential module failure , instead of just breaking down

Do we know when the revised transmission was installed. I'm looking at the 1.0 and 1.6 and they are 2014 models in my budget.

• 2 years later...

in the uk the extended warranty is 5 yrs. usa  get 10yrs! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/03/2018 at 7:39 PM, iantt said:

in the uk the extended warranty is 5 yrs. usa  get 10yrs! 

Does this apply to all cars with powershift or are there any clauses I.e. previous software upgrades etc??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club