Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stone chips - anyone had problems?

Nightowl

No chips visible on my car but looks like Ford should call all Fiesta's back to a dealer for these strips to be fitted, could save themselves a lot of repaint costs, as if it is a design fault then all Fiesta's are effected not just a small number as stated in their bulletin......

It appears that they cannot be fitted after leaving the factory. My car was made in July (picked up last Monday) it hasn't got the strips and they cannot be fitted, so says my local Ford dealer. They suggested that I have mudflaps fitted at my cost of course.

Brian :angry:

I contacted my local Ford dealers and they said that as my car was made in July the strips couldn't be fitted after leaving the factory. The only suggestion they came up with is to fit mudguards. Does anyone know how much they are? Can they be fitted by me? (I am quite handy).

Brian

To give you an idea these prices are From the dealdrivers site Mudflaps (supplied) £51 Mudflaps (supplied and fitted)£102, the information supplied earlier in this thread would seem to indicate these new foils are fittable by a dealer.

I checked my car over this afternoon and thankfully no stone chips yet - have had the car for nearly 10 months now.

10 months and not a stonechip! thats good going ive repaired 4 now in 5 months,2 on the bumper,a big fat one smack bang in the middle of the bonnet and 1 on the alloy which i am still struggling to find a silver to match it :(

I got told by a guy in the know that the bigger the wheels the more chance of the chipping effect on the side skirts

My local dealer maintains that it is impossible to see these strips? and also impossible to fit after the car has left the factory. If anyone knows any different to this please let us know. I am having front mudflaps fitted on Monday at a cost of £47.70.

Brian

When I say 10 months without a stone chip - I mean in the place youve been discussing, Ive had one on the front low bumper - luckily max was able to sort it - tip is to drop colour matched pain into the chip using a needle! think ive just been lucky though my car on 6500 miles now so not excessive use for the age.

My local dealer maintains that it is impossible to see these strips? and also impossible to fit after the car has left the factory. If anyone knows any different to this please let us know. I am having front mudflaps fitted on Monday at a cost of £47.70.

Brian

I'm going to see my dealer tomorrow so I'll let you know what they say, have you tried contacting Ford UK or Ford Europe about the issue?

My dealer is doing a full set of mudflaps fitted for £65 untill the end of this month, i was tempted but on inspection i have no stone chips in the area in question. Maybe i've been lucky but the only chips i've had is one on the lower edge of the front bumper and one small chip on the passenger side door edge which was my sister's fault anyway (the dozy bint knocked it against a concrete gate pillar at her house).

My dealer is doing a full set of mudflaps fitted for £65 untill the end of this month, i was tempted but on inspection i have no stone chips in the area in question. Maybe i've been lucky but the only chips i've had is one on the lower edge of the front bumper and one small chip on the passenger side door edge which was my sister's fault anyway (the dozy bint knocked it against a concrete gate pillar at her house).

Where in the UK is your dealer? It might be worth going there to get my flaps cheaper.

Brian

Just back from my dealers (went to get some glue residue removed from the car) and mentioned the stone chips. The chap said he wasn't aware of the issue but would look into it for me. He did say that Ford did something similar for the Ford Ka a few years ago. When I hear more I'll let you all know!

Where in the UK is your dealer? It might be worth going there to get my flaps cheaper.

Brian

My dealer is bristol street ford in crewe, cheshire.....if your in dorset then i would say it's quite far to travel vs any saving's.

My dealer is bristol street ford in crewe, cheshire.....if your in dorset then i would say it's quite far to travel vs any saving's.

As is mine...

Are you the guy in the Vision Blue Fiesta I see in Nantwich occasionally...?

I have a stone chip on the back of my car and have emailed my dealer about it now I've seen this. Mine has completely taken the paint off which I thought was quite unusual.

Hope it doesn't hail bad...the car will be spotty:D

As is mine...

Are you the guy in the Vision Blue Fiesta I see in Nantwich occasionally...?

I'm usually only in nantwich when i'm heading to sainsbury's or heading to a friends house but my guess it could be someone else ;) ....mine has team dynamics alloys which were salvaged from a friend's mazda 2 which he wrote off.

I have a stone chip on the back of my car and have emailed my dealer about it now I've seen this. Mine has completely taken the paint off which I thought was quite unusual.

Hope it doesn't hail bad...the car will be spotty:D

Modern automotive paint's are pant's so it's no surprise to be honest...

After being quoted £47.70 for front mud flaps I had them fitted yesterday (Monday). When it came to paying (after their fitting time had expanded from 30 minutes to an hour), the bloke said £68.40 please. At this I went ballistic and informed him that I was quoted £47.70. He maintained that it was £68.40 so I suggested that he removed the flaps. He then did some fiddling about with his computer, all the time complaining that it wasn't working properly. He eventually got the price to £46.55 which was lower than my original quote. What the hell is going on with Ford?

Anyway, I now have front mud flaps which will hopefully solve the problem with stone chips.

Brian :huh:

I bought a full set of official Ford mud flaps from fleabay for around £49 and my bf fitted them - he said it was fairly easy. The dealer wanted around £95 to supply and fit them.

Can we have some pics of these mud flaps fitted please?

They go best with Sea Grey!

DSC00243A-2.jpg