Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Instrument Cluster Swap

iantt

Hello,

does the instrument cluster for a Ford Kuga 2013, 1.6 Ecoboost 182 CP, automatic, 4x4 fit on Focus 3 2014, pre-facelift, 1.6 Ecoboost?

I cannot find any differences with the pictures I saw for Focus.

I want to replace the instrument cluster with small display with this one.

Thank you!

IC_Kuga.JPG

IC_Kuga_back.JPG

im not sure as its kph so i dont part numbers but im sure wilko will know @jw1982

• 1 month later...

Hi , Sorry to revive an old post but does anyone know if there is a difference between a instrument cluster from a manual car and one from a automatic car .as i want to change my instrument cluster on my 2013  titanium powershift,I upgraded to Sat Nav thanks to you guys..Parts person at ASM said the clocks are different in an auto and a manual.Help?

Only difference im aware of is petrol and diesel.

Thanks for the super quick response Iantt, I just dont want to buy a set and then there be no gear indicator on the screen,when i fit them.

• 1 month later...

Hi could someone help me out with a Question regarding this cluster change

I have just purchased the larger Screen Cluster to replace my small screen cluster, is this defo a straight swap thing, because after speaking to a Mechanic he has said that I can't do that because it will disable the Car due to the Immobiliser being in the Cluster and has to be done by Ford and would recommend leaving it alone

I have a 2012 Ford Focus mk3 Titanium 1.6 tdci & the new cluster is coming out of a salvaged 2012 Ford Focus mk3 Zetec 1.6 tdci

My car has done 30770 miles and the New Cluster has done 29990 miles so could this also be changed using the FoCCCus software being as it is below the 1000 miles limit?

does anybody have a step by step guide to changing the Mileage through the FoCCCus software as I have never done this before or would it be better to go direct to Ford for them to do this?

cheers guys

imobilser is in the bcm and not the instrument cluster so you got no worries there. as you mileage is marginal difference i would leave it. but up to you. dont know how to increase mileage on foccus software as i used fords ids tool. 

The FoCCCus program can only adjust the mileage upwards if the total mileage of the instrument cluster is less than 1000 KM. If the total mileage of the instrument cluster is higher than 1000 KM the mileage adjustment function of the FoCCCus program is greyed out.

As a solution for this issue I made some small changes to the FoCCCus program myself to remove the 1000 KM limitation.

Cheers Ian, obviously you would know best because you have done the swap yourself so I can tell that Mechanic Friend that he knows nothing :)

it seems I misunderstood you Wilco about the FoCCCus program I thought it was only possible to change the mileage if the difference was under 1000 KM, not that the total mileage shown on the replacement clocks to be under 1000 KM, but I have downloaded your FoCCus program to use, would you be able to let me know how that is done and I will give that a go over the weekend.

only just got my new car a few weeks ago so its a work in progress, this is the first upgrade then on to the next :)

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting this my mates dash has gone cuckoo on his mk1 focus. I have forscan and also foccus although ive used it ob a mk3 i assume its backwards conpatible with a mk1. His mileage is pretty low so finding a set of clocks with a mileage less than his is going to be like finding rocking horse poo. So if i get a replacement ipc how do i set the mileage to be correct?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Focus MK1/MK1.5 has very limited diagnostic possibilities compared to the MK2/MK2.5 and MK3/MK3.5. The Focus MK1/MK1.5 does not even have a CANbus system 

Next to this there are no advanced ELM327 based vehicle specific diagnostic programs for the Focus MK1/MK1.5. The ForScan program supports the Focus MK1/MK1.5 but the functionality is very limited.

• 4 months later...

Can someone help me I purchased the correct one with the bigger screen however when it's plugged in everything works apart from the beep coming from my parking sensors there is no beep unless I plug my old one bk in ?

Did you buy the correct type of instrument cluster for your car?

I suspect that tis problem is caused by an incompatible instrument cluster.

Despite looking identical from the outside the MK3 and MK3.5 instrument clusters are different. The biggest differences are software and hardware ID numbers. An MK3.5 instrument cluster is fully functional in a Focus MK3. However because of communication differences it is a known fact that the parking sensor and Active Park Assist sound will no longer be present and the dimming of the interior lights will no longer work correctly.  

This can be solved by reporgramming the MK3.5 instrument cluster with the correct MK3 software. However an MK3.5 instrument cluster is not recognised as a suitible part for a Focus MK3. Because of this it is not possible to reprogram the instrument cluster with the Ford IDS or Ford FRDS diagnostic systems. The instrument cluster needs to be reprogrammed manually with a diagnostic system that has the capability to select the correct sofr=tware files manually.

If you do not have the knowledge and tools to do this it is probably the best solution to sell the instrument cluster and buy the correct one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Did you buy the correct type of instrument cluster for your car?

I suspect that tis problem is caused by an incompatible instrument cluster.

Despite looking identical from the outside the MK3 and MK3.5 instrument clusters are different. The biggest differences are software and hardware ID numbers. An MK3.5 instrument cluster is fully functional in a Focus MK3. However because of communication differences it is a known fact that the parking sensor and Active Park Assist sound will no longer be present and the dimming of the interior lights will no longer work correctly.  

This can be solved by reporgramming the MK3.5 instrument cluster with the correct MK3 software. However an MK3.5 instrument cluster is not recognised as a suitible part for a Focus MK3. Because of this it is not possible to reprogram the instrument cluster with the Ford IDS or Ford FRDS diagnostic systems. The instrument cluster needs to be reprogrammed manually with a diagnostic system that has the capability to select the correct sofr=tware files manually.

If you do not have the knowledge and tools to do this it is probably the best solution to sell the instrument cluster and buy the correct one.

it is from an mk3 focus according to the seller and the interior dimming does still work. is there something i can check to confirm its from an mk3 focus ?

What's the part number of the instrument cluster? 

4 hours ago, iantt said:

What's the part number of the instrument cluster? 

15332004489291988714789421033386.jpg

15332004696332571291458694881652.jpg

15332004832074034949800893031100.jpg

Part number F1ET-10849-BKK is definetely an MK3.5 instrument cluster.

This part is officially not suitible for the Focus MK3.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

Part number F1ET-10849-BKK is definetely an MK3.5 instrument cluster.

This part is officially not suitible for the Focus MK3.

Okay I will be returning as it's not as described thanks for your help

Sorry to bother yous again is this the correct one ?

Screenshot_20180802-135711.jpg

Hi there iv'e purchased all the stuff i need including a modified elm327 and i have the foccuss software can someone please talk me though updating the millage would be much appreciated 

12 hours ago, Div123 said:

Can anyone answer ?

What do you have , petrol or diesel car? 

4 hours ago, iantt said:

What do you have , petrol or diesel car? 

Petrol 1.6

That should be the right one then. Mine had different end letters but that was because it was out of a later mk3. 

• 6 months later...

Sorry to jump on an older thread, but it's exactly relevant so seems silly to start a new one.

I have a Titanium X with the larger screen on the instrument cluster, but the LCD has started to fail so I am going to get a new set.

I have part BM5T-10849-BKD.  I can find a few, but there are loads started CM5T - what are these and are they compatible (my car has auto-park and Sync) ?

Also, if I want to avoid faffing to update the mileage, does the ribbon cable from the screen to the circuit board behind detach?  I tried a bit today on my current cluster but stopped before I did any damage and didn't have any replacement clocks!

Many thanks

Tim

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club