Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Instrument Cluster Swap

iantt

Hi everyone great site 

Iam looking to upgrade to bigger screen 

whats the part numbers I should be looking for 

mk3 focus 2014 1.0 petrol 

tia

Did anyone find out if a manual cluster is compatible on an auto vehicle?

Hi Everyone.

I have a 2013 Focus mk3 ST3 can anyone tell me if it is possible to get the digital speedo as fitted to the Focus Face Lift mk3.5 to show up on my car and if so how do I do it.

Ta

• 1 month later...

Hi folks

is this possible with a 2015 Kuga?

In the process of buying a Kuga which has the same smaller screen as posted in the original post. 

Mark...

Yes, this is also perfectly possible on a Kuga.

However you should be aware that despite looking identical the Kuga/Escape instrument clusters are different from the Focus/C-max instrument clusters.

So as long as a grab a diesel version of kuga speedometer - I should be able to do it? 

Is it plug and play? 

Going to look around for one with slightly higher or slightly lower miles than my own as I won’t have any software to change it. 

On 10/13/2015 at 1:25 PM, JW1982 said:

On the MK3 the PATS system is integrated into the PCM and the BCM. The instrument cluster of the MK3 is not a part of the PATS system and can be changed without any problem.

Would this be the same in a Kuga?

Excellent - thank you. 

So I just need to look out for a diesel speedo?

Can i ask another question, I have the older 3.5 inch display and was hoping to get a 4.2 is this a straight swap or do I need to look out for a particular model?

Mark...

is there is any problem to swap rs or st clocks to mk3.5 ?

No problem at all. This is perfectly possible as long as it is the correct instrument cluster (Petrol/Diesel).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DMB1 said:

Excellent - thank you. 

Can i ask another question, I have the older 3.5 inch display and was hoping to get a 4.2 is this a straight swap or do I need to look out for a particular model?

Mark...

Any ideas?

On 6/4/2019 at 9:09 AM, JW1982 said:

No problem at all. This is perfectly possible as long as it is the correct instrument cluster (Petrol/Diesel).

why is that matter?

there wont be problem with 1.6 non turbo and 2L petrol turbo engine then ?

On 6/3/2019 at 6:59 PM, JW1982 said:

Yes, it is.

Excellent - thank you. 

Can i ask another question, I have the older 3.5 inch display and was hoping to get a 4.2 is this a straight swap or do I need to look out for a particular model?

I know this is an old topic but hoping for some help... i have bought the upgraded instrument cluster to replace the basic one... i need to increase the mileage rought 7k to match the mileage on my car. I have access to ford ids or focccus/forscan. Can any1 shed light on the process to carry out the mileage correction etc.

3 hours ago, Mellor18 said:

I know this is an old topic but hoping for some help... i have bought the upgraded instrument cluster to replace the basic one... i need to increase the mileage rought 7k to match the mileage on my car. I have access to ford ids or focccus/forscan. Can any1 shed light on the process to carry out the mileage correction etc.

you can change it on forescan

On 6/13/2019 at 10:16 AM, Mellor18 said:

that is possible. look for the thread cluster swap.  im sure JW1982 posted a link to the modified focccus software that you can use to adjust the mileage upwards. this will not let you downgrade it.

i can help with setting the mileage lower to match your old one. you would need to post the cluster to me and or come to me to do this

Yeah i have used the modified focccus program n altered the mileage. Do i need to alter any other settings etc for it all to work correctly or is it just plug in n away you go.

The instrument cluster contains a backup file of the Central Car Configuration. The BCM contains the main file of the Central Car Configuration. During normal operation the car uses the main Central Car Configuration file to configure all CANbus modules (this happens every time the car is locked and the CANbus sytem enters sleep mode). 

However in situations where the main Central Car Configuration is (temporarily) not available the backup file in the Instrument Cluster is used instead. In case of a defective BCM the backup file is also used to configure a new (blank) BCM.

Because of these reasons it is strongly recommended to load the correct configuration into the new Instrument Cluster. Otherwise it may result in future problems because of the non matching configuration files.

How do i go about setting the correct configuration? Using focccus again i assume?

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:37 AM, JW1982 said:

The instrument cluster contains a backup file of the Central Car Configuration. The BCM contains the main file of the Central Car Configuration. During normal operation the car uses the main Central Car Configuration file to configure all CANbus modules (this happens every time the car is locked and the CANbus sytem enters sleep mode). 

However in situations where the main Central Car Configuration is (temporarily) not available the backup file in the Instrument Cluster is used instead. In case of a defective BCM the backup file is also used to configure a new (blank) BCM.

Because of these reasons it is strongly recommended to load the correct configuration into the new Instrument Cluster. Otherwise it may result in future problems because of the non matching configuration files.

I purchased a mk2 kuga speedo to fit my own mk 2 kuga - thinking it was plug and play. 

I shall send it back on the basis on above as I wouldn't know where to start with any of that. 

Just aswell as I read this post this morning - 🙂

14 hours ago, Mellor18 said:

How do i go about setting the correct configuration? Using focccus again i assume?

open up focccus and read your bcm then write it to ipc then both your bcm and ipc file will be the same.

• Thanks 1

Hi Everyone.

I have a 2013 Focus mk3 ST3 can anyone tell me if it is possible to get the digital speedo as fitted to the Focus Face Lift mk3.5 to show up on my car and if so how do I do it.

Ta

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club