Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Instrument Cluster Swap

iantt

On 2/9/2017 at 11:57 AM, JW1982 said:

The original FoCCCus software has the 1000 miles limitation. To solve this I removed the 1000 Miles limitation and made a modified version of the FoCCCus software. My version can be downloaded from the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43j09bhrl4ngwb5/FoCCCus 0.8.6 Modified Edition.rar?dl=0

Note that wit my modified version the mileage can only be changed upwards. The Ford IDS software can also only change the mileage upwards so a Ford dealer can not change it downwards.

Thank you for this modified program download. I was able to swap a 2013 auto cluster with 57k into my 2012 manual with 120k and set the mileage accordingly.

@iantt hi ian I'm looking to do this swap aswell as I've already changed my centre display and now want it to match... any idea on part numbers to look for as all I find on eBay is the bigger screen for 2014 onwards and as JW mentioned I need a MK3 one

Thanx

Hay peeps, so ive been looking high and low with a lV3 speedo with less mileage.

I think I found one but just want to confirm with some of you guys if this is ok.

Also with JWs amended software is it a case of just downloading it to the same fold as focccus and run the software as normal, so I can change the mileage up as it's different 10k ish

Picture is of the parts catalogue using donor car vin

Thanx

image001.png

On 8/2/2018 at 11:04 AM, JW1982 said:

Part number F1ET-10849-BKK is definetely an MK3.5 instrument cluster.

This part is officially not suitible for the Focus MK3.

Wilco I think I may have noticed a difference from mk3 and mk3.5 speedos.

On the later models the kmh is in white where the early type is light blue..... what's your thought?? 

1 hour ago, Pabz0804 said:

Wilco I think I may have noticed a difference from mk3 and mk3.5 speedos.

On the later models the kmh is in white where the early type is light blue..... what's your thought?? 

you need a cluster with the code BM5T-10849 tap that into eBay and see what comes up.

13 minutes ago, Typhoonf2 said:

you need a cluster with the code BM5T-10849 tap that into ebay and see what comes up.

Thanx

Comes up with a couple diesel ones 🙈

Waiting for the guy to email me the part number he has one of a 2014 pre face lift 1.6 auto petrol 🙏

On 7/30/2019 at 6:52 PM, Typhoonf2 said:

you need a cluster with the code BM5T-10849 tap that into ebay and see what comes up.

So I've managed to finally find one with the part number you kindly pointed out, it's from a 2014 preface lift 1.6 petrol titanium auto, will this be ok for my 2013 1.0 eco 125 man..... I hope so ...? 

Screenshot_20190801-210703_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190801-205634_eBay.jpg

This instrument cluster is perfectly suitible for your car.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

This instrument cluster is perfectly suitible for your car.

Thanx JW really appreciate your help and everyone else, once again.

On 6/17/2019 at 12:37 PM, Typhoonf2 said:

open up focccus and read your bcm then write it to ipc then both your bcm and ipc file will be the same.

So i should be receiving my replacement instrument next few days, is this all i need to do once i plug it in?

Thanx

On 8/5/2019 at 12:31 PM, Pabz0804 said:

So i should be receiving my replacement instrument next few days, is this all i need to do once i plug it in?

Thanx

Yes. 

• Thanks 1

People now fitting 3.5 clusters to pre face lift 

so must work 

An MK3.5 instrument cluster does work in an MK3 but not without problems. The biggest problem is that the sound of the parking sensors and active park assist will no longer work and the dimming of the interior light will not work correctly. This can only be solved by reprogramming the MK3.5 instrument cluster with the MK3 software.

Another issue is that the MK3.5 instrument cluster has a different hardware ID number as the MK3 instrument cluster. Because of this the MK3.5 instrument is not recognised as a suitible part for the Focus MK3. As a result of this during diagnostics the instrument cluster is not recognised by the Ford diagnostic software. Because of this it is also not possible to update the software of the instrument cluster the normal way.

I have a USA MK3 instrument cluster in my (German spec) Focus MK3. The USA MK3 instrument cluster is very similar to the European MK3.5 instrument cluster. I reprogrammed the USA instrument cluster manually using the latest version of the MK3 software. The instrument cluster is fully functional and after I synchronised my vehicle hardware/software with the Ford Etis system the Hardware number of the USA instrument cluster is even shown on Etis. However because of the different hardware ID number the instrument cluster is not recognised as a suitible part during diagnostics using the Ford IDS diagnostic system.

21 hours ago, JW1982 said:

An MK3.5 instrument cluster does work in an MK3 but not without problems. The biggest problem is that the sound of the parking sensors and active park assist will no longer work and the dimming of the interior light will not work correctly. This can only be solved by reprogramming the MK3.5 instrument cluster with the MK3 software.

Another issue is that the MK3.5 instrument cluster has a different hardware ID number as the MK3 instrument cluster. Because of this the MK3.5 instrument is not recognised as a suitible part for the Focus MK3. As a result of this during diagnostics the instrument cluster is not recognised by the Ford diagnostic software. Because of this it is also not possible to update the software of the instrument cluster the normal way.

I have a USA MK3 instrument cluster in my (German spec) Focus MK3. The USA MK3 instrument cluster is very similar to the European MK3.5 instrument cluster. I reprogrammed the USA instrument cluster manually using the latest version of the MK3 software. The instrument cluster is fully functional and after I synchronised my vehicle hardware/software with the Ford Etis system the Hardware number of the USA instrument cluster is even shown on Etis. However because of the different hardware ID number the instrument cluster is not recognised as a suitible part during diagnostics using the Ford IDS diagnostic system.

Ok thanks for that. Not seen anyone mention these issues just people have fitted them to get the digital speedo. 

Ive gave up on changing bits in my focus now and looking at a discovery sport. The rear cam was the death of me. Couldn’t get it to work. 

On 8/6/2019 at 6:36 PM, Tommo17 said:

Yes. 

So in central config tab, i clicked read from BCM then in the same window in clicked write to IPC but millage on the instrument is still showing old millage.... any help please need to drive the car tmw

Just read and attached pics of BCM and IPC both showing millage at 44357 but instrument still showing 27562....???

20190807_185648.jpg

20190807_185657.jpg

20190807_185710.jpg

The mileage of the instrument cluster has nothing to do with the configuration of the instrument cluster. The mileage is stored in a completely different part of the memory and is not affected by changing the configuration.

The original FoCCCus program can only change the mileage when the mileage is lower than 1000 Miles. To solve this I partly reverse engineered the FoCCCUs program and made myself a modified version that can be downloaded from the following website:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43j09bhrl4ngwb5/FoCCCus 0.8.6 Modified Edition.rar?dl=0

My modified version no longer has the 1000 Miles limitation so the mileage can be changed (upwards only) regardless of the mileage of the instrument cluster.

4 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

The mileage of the instrument cluster has nothing to do with the configuration of the instrument cluster. The mileage is stored in a completely different part of the memory and is not affected by changing the configuration.

The original FoCCCus program can only change the mileage when the mileage is lower than 1000 Miles. To solve this I partly reverse engineered the FoCCCUs program and made myself a modified version that can be downloaded from the following website:

My modified version no longer has the 1000 Miles limitation so the mileage can be changed (upwards only) regardless of the mileage of the instrument cluster.

Hi JW, thanx for the prompt reply.

I already downloaded your modified version and this is what I was running... am I doing the procedure wrong maybe?

44357 KM = 27562 Miles

The Focccus program sets the mileage in KM while your instrument cluster is configured to display the mileage in Miles.

Until now I only worked on instrument clusters that display KM (or instrument clusters that I converted to KM). I guess you have to calculate the desired value from Miles to KM and program the correct KM value to the instrument cluster. However I recommend to test this theory first by programming a slightly higher first as a test. 

8 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

44357 KM = 27562 Miles

The Focccus program sets the mileage in KM while your instrument cluster is configured to display the mileage in Miles.

Until now I only worked on instrument clusters that display KM (or instrument clusters that I converted to KM). I guess you have to calculate the desired value from Miles to KM and program the correct KM value to the instrument cluster. However I recommend to test this theory first by programming a slightly higher first as a test. 

Hi JW, do just set it in the IPC tab under odometer in KM then click set

43 minutes ago, Pabz0804 said:

Hi JW, do just set it in the IPC tab under odometer in KM then click set

I used JW program no problem. Just be careful I converted my miles in KM and added an extra digit ended up with over 300,000 miles on my car haha. Had to track down a machine to change the mileage on all cars. 

1 hour ago, Tommo17 said:

I used JW program no problem. Just be careful I converted my miles in KM and added an extra digit ended up with over 300,000 miles on my car haha. Had to track down a machine to change the mileage on all cars. 

Oh damm what a headache :wallbash: glad you managed to sort it.

I did what JW said and started lower to make sure it converted ok and below what I needed to get to, although I originally wrote the wrong millage on my previous post, so had to plug the old unit back in to get the right millage so I didn't :censored: it up... lol

Managed to get it sorted and I'm happy with the fresh look... thanx guys yet again  

20190807_211957.jpg

1 minute ago, Pabz0804 said:

Oh damm what a headache :wallbash: glad you managed to sort it.

I did what JW said and started lower to make sure it converted ok and below what I needed to get to, although I originally wrote the wrong millage on my previous post, so had to plug the old unit back in to get the right millage so I didn't :censored: it up... lol

Managed to get it sorted and I'm happy with the fresh look... thanx guys yet again  

20190807_211957.jpg

Glad you’ve got it sorted. Next up sync 2/3 upgrade ?

27 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

Glad you’ve got it sorted. Next up sync 2/3 upgrade ?

Lol I was thinking what next lol what does sync 2/3 bring to the table and is it complex

Want to get folding mirrors as I always end up in the drivers side looking at the ns thinking damm it.. had them in my mk2 RS and such a nice thing to have.

19 hours ago, Pabz0804 said:

Lol I was thinking what next lol what does sync 2/3 bring to the table and is it complex

Want to get folding mirrors as I always end up in the drivers side looking at the ns thinking damm it.. had them in my mk2 RS and such a nice thing to have.

Guides on here to do both. Providing you have 1 touch open close electric windows I think it’s easy enough. 

Sync 2 or 3 is massive improvement over 1 well worth it. 

Hmm haven't got one touch so sounds like it would be to much of a job.....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club