Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's Here!

Fraser.

Hi guys

Picked my new Zetec S up on monday, absolutely love it! It's the 1.6 Ti-Vct with the street pack, bluetooth & usb and the quickclear windscreen.

Just one question, when everyone got their new fiestas did they come with a folder/wallet for the owners handbook, service record etc? Mine were all just dumped in the glove box.

Only one pic so far, will get some more at the weekend after it's had a propper detail.

img0039zi.jpg

Oh happy days for you then fella - and yes mine did come in a cheap looking folder.

Can't wait for the weekend to get out and have some more fun with mine!

BTW - did you get your's de-badged too>?

Hmmmm, looks like i'll be on the phone later for my folder! lol.

I didn't bother getting my de-badged paul. And I'm the same, been doing lots of pointless driving about the past few days! Also been trying to give it some decent bursts of full throttle, but keep it below 3500-4000 rpm to get everything ran in nicely...torture!

And I'm the same, been doing lots of pointless driving about the past few days! Also been trying to give it some decent bursts of full throttle, but keep it below 3500-4000 rpm to get everything ran in nicely...torture!

Yeah purgatory - Can't wait to give him a good race about (although obvisouly staying within all the local speed limits etc.!)

Hmmmm, looks like i'll be on the phone later for my folder! lol.

Also been trying to give it some decent bursts of full throttle, but keep it below 3500-4000 rpm to get everything ran in nicely...torture!

ran in my dealer service manager assured me that they don't need running in just take it easy on the breaks. :unsure::angry:

It looks great - just be careful how you wash it now and DONT let any of those hand car wash places touch it!!!! I got a very small black wallet which fits next to nothing in it anyway, your not missing much lol.

Love the car all black without any of that horrid chrome stuff on it :ph34r::ph34r:

Love the car all black without any of that horrid chrome stuff on it :ph34r::ph34r:

Agreed 100%! Beautiful car, i wanted a black one. Looks stunning :)

ran in my dealer service manager assured me that they don't need running in just take it easy on the breaks. :unsure::angry:

From what I've read elsewhere the best way to run in a new modern engine is to keep them below about 60% of their max rpm's, but vary the engine load, giving them plenty of bursts of full throttle in all gears up to 60% of max rpm's and plenty of engine breaking, for the first 500-1000 miles. To be honest though driving it hard from day one will probably be just as good!

And thanks for the kind commets guys :D

I've gone for...

Duragloss 901 shampoo

Bilberry wheel cleaner

Bilt Hamber clay (soft)

Menzerna PO85rd final finish polish

Finish Kare 1000p sealant

And I may order a bottle of poorboys black hole glaze for before the fk1000p.

I'm going to give the car a quick wash today (2 bucket method etc.) just to keep it nice and shiny, and give it a full detail next weekend when i'm off work.

ahhhhhh your a sealent man :lol:

i think my next detail i will give a sealent a try but with the new dodo juice purple haze pro now out its a hard choice :lol:

have u got a DA?

Don't diss the chrome! :lol:

Agree with you Dan - I think the little belt line in chrome adds to the shape and also highlights the wonderful shape of the 3dr by accenting the rising window line

Agree with you Dan - I think the little belt line in chrome adds to the shape and also highlights the wonderful shape of the 3dr by accenting the rising window line

I'm unsure what to make of the chrome. Origianlly I didn't like it, but after having seen a few of the cars on here I think it looks quite good on certain colours. I think the real test will be how the plastic weathers with time. Black plastics can fade and go grey if they are not looked after, but I have no experience of plastic chrome and how it weathers. Real chrome used to oxidise and rust, but I'm not sure about chrome looking plastic. Maybe it will fade to a dead metal colour or start to flake depending on how it is made. Anyone got a better diea of this?

I'm unsure what to make of the chrome. Origianlly I didn't like it, but after having seen a few of the cars on here I think it looks quite good on certain colours. I think the real test will be how the plastic weathers with time. Black plastics can fade and go grey if they are not looked after, but I have no experience of plastic chrome and how it weathers. Real chrome used to oxidise and rust, but I'm not sure about chrome looking plastic. Maybe it will fade to a dead metal colour or start to flake depending on how it is made. Anyone got a better diea of this?

True - although as someone once said to be before my first marriage "you can only do (or get) what you think is right at the time" and I love my car. I honestly think he is one of the best looking cars on the road, certainly in my local area

ahhhhhh your a sealent man :lol:

i think my next detail i will give a sealent a try but with the new dodo juice purple haze pro now out its a hard choice :lol:

have u got a DA?

Yep a sealent man for the time being greeny, the fk1000p seemed to get great reviews over on the detailing world forum, and it can be used on wheels so I went for that. Although I can see me going for a wax to try some time soon, I think something about the traditional-ness of wax is hard to resist :lol:

And yeah I do have a DA, I'm new to detailing really so didn't intend to go down the machine route straight away, however I stumbled accross an alternative machine polishers thread over on detailing world, and couldn't resist the £30 MacAllister B&Q clearance DA that was mentioned :lol:

It's an expensive business this detailing lark! Lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club