Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farty exhaust

meddyliol

:rolleyes: Is the New Fiesta supposed to have a !Removed! exhaust sound? Mine has only done 38 miles and it does sound funny compared with my old 2007 Focus.

Cheers

Brian

:rolleyes: Is the New Fiesta supposed to have a !Removed! exhaust sound? Mine has only done 38 miles and it does sound funny compared with my old 2007 Focus.

Cheers

Brian

I've noticed this too - mine's got the 1.6 Ti-VCT petrol engine - definitely a different (more "rorty") exhaust note than any car which I've owned previously - maybe due to having two exit pipes from the rear silencer, both of which are angled downwards towards the road? Now that I've got used to the sound, I quite like it!

Cheers

Brian

Brian, it's normal mate. They actually sound a bit like they're 'blowing' a bit. My wife's 1.4 petrol sounds quite throaty and farty.

if u want an exhaust note get yourself a mountune exhaust :P :P

I'd love to get the Mountune upgrade, but as of 2 weeks time I'll be doing 2 and a half hours worth of motorway driving every day, and I think the noise would annoy me.

My previous car [Mini] had an aftermarket LOUD exhaust, and it used to get tiresome on longer journeys.

What's the noise level like on the Mountune?

I'd love to get the Mountune upgrade, but as of 2 weeks time I'll be doing 2 and a half hours worth of motorway driving every day, and I think the noise would annoy me.

My previous car [Mini] had an aftermarket LOUD exhaust, and it used to get tiresome on longer journeys.

What's the noise level like on the Mountune?

Put it this way - it would irritate you like anything driving on the motorway everday for that length of time, its the only major gripe I have really, its ok round town but on a motorway its annoying as hell.

Brian, it's normal mate. They actually sound a bit like they're 'blowing' a bit. My wife's 1.4 petrol sounds quite throaty and farty.

Yes, you described the sound better than me. I was wondering about it 'blowing' but if they all do that then fair enough.

Thanks

Brian :rolleyes:

Put it this way - it would irritate you like anything driving on the motorway everday for that length of time, its the only major gripe I have really, its ok round town but on a motorway its annoying as hell.

just turn the tunes up or drop the window a bit all cured.....

my R32 sounds like its taking farting pills lol and my fiesta well i have had someone come up to me and say "have u got a exhaust??" well obviously ive got one but its not modified lol

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Fiesta Zetec 1.25 and I am gutted with exhaust, it sounds like its blowing, and is so noisy. Dealer says its fine lol

i also have a 1.25 but i dont mind that the sound is a little "sporty",hell,i hate those cars that are so quiet you dont even know if they are on or off....

i read somewhere that the people in ford actually wanted a little louder exhaust sound in the new fiesta so the exhaust is a little bit more "open" than on other cars (vw polo,suzuki swift etc.) so it has a nice,deep sound

I think Blade is right, its all down to personal taste, you either love the new exhaust sound or hate it. I would prefer a quiet one, I tend to think it sounds like its blowing, but I'm probably getting old!

I think Blade is right, its all down to personal taste, you either love the new exhaust sound or hate it. I would prefer a quiet one, I tend to think it sounds like its blowing, but I'm probably getting old!

You may find that it quietens down a bit as carbon builds up inside the silencers over time - I once had a new (stainless) exhaust on a previous car which sounded almost as bad as the holed exhaust which it had replaced; the garage assured me that it would quieten down over a couple of months, I was extremely sceptical - but it did! Wasn't just me getting used to it either...

Having gone past the 1000 mile mark I've started putting my foot down a bit and it does sound deeper than I'd expect for a 1.4, but I'm not complaining :)

blimey you brought a flamer kit for it :lol::lol: :P

:lol:

strait pipe apart from cat.

you cant beat the cozzy raspy sound :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club