Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Cuts Out

Dan panda

Hi peeps i got a focus zetec s 1.8 petrol brought it Tuesday

iv just been out for a drive and was slowing down to stop at some lights and the engine stalled, i had it out of gear and clutch was down all the way i noticed it went below 1000rpm when it cut out any reason why??

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan

does it happen regularly? If its a one off then i wouldnt worry about it but if its regular then check the fault codes checked to see if anything is coming up.

No need to go to a garage and be ripped off to have the fault codes read, buy a bluetooth odbII adapter off eBay and download an app called torque and use this. then check the codes (if any) online to see what it shows/solutions.

bt adapter

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-ELM327-V1-5-Bluetooth-ODB2-Car-Scanner-Torque-Android-Auto-Scan-Tool-TYPE-C-/371348370030?hash=item567616726e

torque app info

http://torque-bhp.com/

• Like 1

Maf ... mass air flow sensor had a Nissan did same coming to a rolling stop engine cuts try cleaner spray ...don't touch it its just a thin wire it's usually in line with air filter ...

Sounds like a faulty idle air control valve which was common on earlier mk1 and 2.s. Not too expensive to get fixed although I didn't bother with doing it on my mk1, I just learned to blip the throttle with my foot as the revs came down when approaching junctions... that will prevent the car stalling anyway.

Try giving the throttle body a good clean I had the same issue with mine when I took it out of gear to come to a stop the engine has an automatic cut off when you're moving but out of gear connected to the speed sensor (or so I'm told) by cleaning the throttle body it allows the engine to run a bit more freely when coming to a stop and it stopped mine stalling altogether

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Thanks for the advice the garage has given the throttle body a good clean and the idle control valve and hasn't happens since so fingers cross it solved the issue I'm guessing it was the throttle body as when they plugged in computer for error codes nothing came up

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club