Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem Starting Car And Poor Running Cmax 1.6 Tdci 2007

trebor11

Ok here i go again. Problems with the car = poor running, erratic idleing, stalls at junctions and roundabouts but it has stalled at normal speed aswell, after stalling the car wont start untill you leave it cool down a bit. Had the AA out because it stalled on a roundabout and they recommended a new MAF and diesel filter as these faults came up at the time so I had them fitted a month ago and it ran ok for a month but now problems have started again.

Had it plugged in at my local garage today and the following codes came up;

P0234- engine over boost condition-below minimum threshold.

P2459- Diesel particulate filter regen frequency-above max threshold.

P0113- intake air temp circuit high input-above max threshold.

U1900- CAN comms bus fault-receive error

U261B-improper program termination

B2976- aux heater line failure.

Sorry its a bit long winded but all these faults were re set and a manual DPF re gen was performed and the DPF fault then dis appeared, for now.

When I pulled out of the garage it was still idling erratically so I'm not sure if its solved the problem. Has anyone had the same sort of issues? Also the tech noticed that there was exhaust fumes coming out of the turbo area when the car was being revved at around 3500rpm and I told him I could smell fumes in the car when driving and he said there may be a leakage here because of the DPF fault as he had seen this before ????? stumped now I've only had the car 7 months and I'm contemplating changing it already

to me, this reads as a failing DPF. It could be clogged which is backlogging the pressure and the heat to the sensors. Have you blanked the EGR Valve? this may help a little in keeping the temperature down?

Do you leave any smoke behind you when your foot is on the floor?

Thanks for the reply. I,m going to attempt to unplug the EGR valve today to see if it makes a difference. If it does can I run my car with the EGR unplugged for a while ? will it damage anything ?

The danger of unplugging the EGRV is you may leave it permanently in the open position & your engine will not be grateful.

You are better off blanking it for around £5

• Like 1

Agreed, though if it's electronically operated, either blanking or unplugging you are likely to see the check engine light...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

EGR unplugging didn't work anyway, it still had a bit of rough idle but then settled down after a while and ran better up until the part when I Had to call out the AA again yesterday because it wouldn't start again. AA man plugged it in no codes, I cleared the egr code after I plugged it back in, so he sprayed easy start up the air pipe and it started straight away. He seems to think its a fuel issue ????? in the garage now.

Fuel issue is likely. With colder weather the fuel filter may be suffering...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Took the car to the garage and he took the EGR valve off and cleaned it (quite pitted up he said). He then blanked it off to see how it would run and he said he ran it around with no hesitation, no idling problems, no starting problems and no stalling. Hope this has done the trick but I am dubious as I've tried a few things thinking that it works and it does for a while only for it to go back to how it was and sometimes worse.....time will tell I suppose.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club