Do Not Sell My Personal Information

very scary moment

MichellefromEssex

Came out of Sainsburys this morning to find a learner driver being shown how to do bay parking in between a car and MINE!!!!! ok so everyone needs to learn at some time, my own daughter is learning to drive right now, but I found I was literally holding my breath as I approached my car as the angle she was going back in - well she was inches away from the side of my car near on diagonal!!!!!!!! oh my days my poor baby I bet she was very scared having something so close to her lol

"Mummy, what are those two cars doing?"

"Err, nothing dear, they're just being...friendly"

Hahah that's gotta be the best picture ever!

"I WILL have that space.." lol

And at least your white beauty survived Michelle :)

I know its so scary when you see these drivers trying to park these days!!!

article-0-017807A100000578-301_468x345.jpg

:lol: :D

Ouch! Embarrassing or what. Who do you think was to blame? Was it the darker car shunting the other forwards, or could it be that the Honda Civic shot backwards, at high speed, across the sheltered walkway. Either way, neither of them were having a good day.

Maybe the driver had seen how the trolleys all stacked together and thought they could do the same with their car. :wacko:

Came out of Sainsburys this morning to find a learner driver being shown how to do bay parking in between a car and MINE!!!!! ok so everyone needs to learn at some time, my own daughter is learning to drive right now, but I found I was literally holding my breath as I approached my car as the angle she was going back in - well she was inches away from the side of my car near on diagonal!!!!!!!! oh my days my poor baby I bet she was very scared having something so close to her lol

That would have brought me out in a cold sweat. Glad she (your car) survived intact.

Ouch! Embarrassing or what. Who do you think was to blame? Was it the darker car shunting the other forwards, or could it be that the Honda Civic shot backwards, at high speed, across the sheltered walkway. Either way, neither of them were having a good day.

Maybe the driver had seen how the trolleys all stacked together and thought they could do the same with their car. :wacko:

Judging from the way the signs are bent and the way the bollard has fallen, I'd say the Civic reversed.

Reminds me of an incident in my local Sainsbury's (what is it with that supermarket??) where a Micra driver had smashed into 2 cars, and ended up on the walkway in the middle of the car park, mounted on top of a bollard. The person driving had then got out and gone shopping! It wasn't a really old person or some youth taking substances, it was a middle aged lady. Quite bizzare.

and I see it was Solent News so another old retired person from the South then . . . . .

They all move here to die and then forget what they came down here for!

My last 'scary' incident didn't end so well. I was waiting at some traffic lights and a big Honda salloon came speeding up behind me. I was thinking 'Is he going to stop in time? He's not going to stop in time, no he's definately not going to stop in time'. I just had time to slip the car into neutral and take my foot off the brake before he went into the back of my car. Did £1400 worth of damage to my car and I have no idea how much it cost to repair his.

Luckily he was an alright guy, gave over details, didn't contest anything and admitted fault. I mean theres no real excuse he could have given, but people can make things difficult and drag things out of they want to.

I'm always checking my mirror at lights now, and never leaving my foot on the brake unless its a hill :blink:

Well insurance companies will assume the other person is at fault if you get hit either in the back or the side of your car so he would have had to struggle to show his innocence in that accident DNS although I know it does not help when you have a big accident

BTW - not sure that leaving your foot off of the brake sounds like a good idea as it could, depending on where you are, leave you being shunted into oncoming traffick or the car in front rather than acting as a 'damper' for the car that hits you

True, but if i see someone coming up at some speed behind me and I am at a t junction say or a busy round about then I shall hammer on the brake! I just think it would be better for the car as you would get less damage, and better for you too because you would be subjected to less force on impact. Having said that a nice dose of whiplash would have got me some more insurance money so maybe I shold have left the brake on :P

whiplash compensation - £1,600 is the going rate lol

The cost of a Mountune upgrade . . . now there's a thought!

whiplash compensation - £1,600 is the going rate lol

You what? Christ if I could turn back time

That's Tesco car park which round here is awful, my Mum has had 2 cars hit her driving into spaces there :o

Michelle - I know exactly how you feel about learners parking next to your baby, i try not to park near other cars, park on my own all the learners want to practice! :D

Lol, shuda just taken the park across two carpark technique, thats wot i always do (h)

Hairy moment this afternoon! Off to ikea for some floating shelves, got to a mini roundabout to go straight over - all of a sudden i had to drop anchors for some pillock doing a U'y on it! It's never a good thing to feel your ABS kicking in..

Lets not do U turns on mini's anymore - I'm writing to the GCC :lol:

Judging from the way the signs are bent and the way the bollard has fallen, I'd say the Civic reversed.

Reminds me of an incident in my local Sainsbury's (what is it with that supermarket??) where a Micra driver had smashed into 2 cars, and ended up on the walkway in the middle of the car park, mounted on top of a bollard. The person driving had then got out and gone shopping! It wasn't a really old person or some youth taking substances, it was a middle aged lady. Quite bizzare.

i thought the same,

but how is the drivers door open? looks like that pillar shold be in the way. unless they reversed with the door open :S

Hairy moment this afternoon! Off to ikea for some floating shelves, got to a mini roundabout to go straight over - all of a sudden i had to drop anchors for some pillock doing a U'y on it! It's never a good thing to feel your ABS kicking in..

Lets not do U turns on mini's anymore - I'm writing to the GCC :lol:

they are called roundabouts for a reason lol means u can go all the way around them lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club