Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Exhaust from Piper

PiperRS

Hello,

I was unaware of the cost os these diffusers, + all the extra costs of paint etc.

I hoping we can do something similar to our Ford Focus duplex system where the system is the same as a single exit and its is just the rear section that needs changing.

I do want to start getting cars in to have a look underneath, I hope to get things started this week.

Thanks Guys

Tom Edmunds

Piper Exhausts

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PiperRS

• lamby11

• Nick MK7 TDCI

• limbo

Hi,

I have a 58 plate Zetec S TDI, I would happy for Piper to use my car as a test car for your new exhaust systems. I am based on the southampton but driving to Kent is not an issue as my girlfriend lives near there. If you are still looking for a test car please get in contact with me via the contact member link.

Many Thanks Nick Lawton

Hello all!

Ok we are doing well with the cars available but i still need a 1.25 petrol and a 1.4tdci.

Does any one have one that they can get to us in sunny Folkestone?

The first car is booked in for Friday and we hope to get things underway 1st thing monday!

I will keep everyone updated and get some pics up for you.

Tom Edmunds

Piper Exhausts

Hi Tom,

Just a thought, on the Zetec S the rear diffuser has two rectangular slots in the centre. Maybe a central exhaust system could be made to fit in these slots, bit like cooper S? I suppose you will only know when you look at the cars tomorrow.

If you would still like to use my car it is available.

Nick Lawton

Hi Tom,

Just a thought, on the Zetec S the rear diffuser has two rectangular slots in the centre. Maybe a central exhaust system could be made to fit in these slots, bit like cooper S? I suppose you will only know when you look at the cars tomorrow.

If you would still like to use my car it is available.

Nick Lawton

We will have a look and a discussion about this once we have seen the car, however i dought there is enough demand to warrant the cost of development of an additional backbox. If enough people want it then yes we will.

Keep the comments coming guys!

Tom

Piper Exhausts

Hi Tom,

How is it going with the development? do you have an idea of cost for an exhaust or what type it will be yet? for the 1.6 TDCI anyway.

Cheers

Hello all, i have a 1.6 Zetec S sitting on the ramp with one of my development team underneath it making the new exhaust, as we speak!

Having a closer look at the car, We are not currently developing an exhaust and we are only working on a twin silencer, cat back system.

Tailpipe design has not yet been decided but we are thinking of doing twin exits(2 tailpipes next to each other) and a oval style pipe like we used on our Astra VXR system.

The reason for not doing the manifold is we only have the car for a short time and we cannot see enough demand for a manifold at this stage.

Please let me know if there is anything you wish for me to consider for the system, I.E. duplex kit to fit the bastuck diffuser?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Tom

Piper Exhausts

Hello all!

Good news!

We have finished the first system on a 1.6 petrol Zetec S! This was made, as usual from T304 grade stainless steel, using 2 1/4 dia tubing,

It is available as a twin silencer system, this produces a lovely note, you can tell the exhaust isnt standard when driving normally, and if you boot the loud pedal it just gets better!

We can do it with just a single (rear) silencer if you want to start setting off car alarms!

Prices and pictures to follow!

Tom Edmunds

Piper Exhausts

Brilliant,

However 1.6 TDCI? Am still really wanting a new exhaust. Any idea of cost? Possible development?

Thanks Nick

Hello Guys!

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this!

I do not have any pictures just yet, The car had a small amount of damage when it arrived and was not good for a picture. once the owner has the car repaired he will come back down for a photo and we may even develop the manifold for it!

So far we can do a cat back system with 2 silencer and a cat back system with just a rear silencer.

2 silencer system £274 +VAT

1 silencer system £214 +VAT

The 2 silencer system produces a lovely note, nice enough to let people know you have changed the system, If you wanted the single silencer system i would only recommend it for track use or if you are very good friends with your neighbours!!

As i said, we aim to release a system for nearly every variant but do not have access to the cars just yet.

If any one else has a MK7 fiesta (that is not a 1.6 petrol zetec S) and are happy to leave the car with us for 1/2 weeks please let me know. In return i will offer you the cat back system and tailpipe of your choice for free!

Thanks all!

Tom Edmunds

Piper Exhausts

Hi Tom,

My car is still available and is the MK7 1.6 ZS TDCI. Please contact me on nick_lawton@hotmail.co.uk and i will be happy for you to have my car for that period of time.

Thanks Nick

• 1 month later...

Been following this thread for a while now any news would be good :D

lol

this thread seems to be going nowhere. can't believe its taken so long for piper to make something for the mk7, its been out for a fair while now.

and i noticed someone asking this and no-one answered

so long as you don't play with the cat, having only a ca BACK system will in no way affect your emmisions. the only time this will happen is if you have a ridiculous twin dual exit (4 pipes, 2 each side) or similar on a small engine, air can actually be sucked back inside the system and give you inaccurate o2/lambda readings.

Tom- what would be ideal is if you offered a simple 3.5inch/4inch rolled inward circular tip that is situate higher up, so you'd have to modify the diffuser. this would eliminate that !Removed! 'bolt on' look that every exhaust system for the mk7 currently has.. including the mountune kit.. the tips look like they aren't meant to be there cos they're too low. it doesn't cost anything to cut your diffuser,its seperate from the bumper so you can remove it and modify it off the car. even have a bodyshop do it if need be. you'd simply have to pu an advisory on the advert stating that minor bodywork will be required.

this is for a 1.6 tdci zetec s btw, if you could come up with a similar design to m magnex on the st then i would deffor be in if the prices were competitive:

ST005-1.jpg

ST006.jpg

Photo0042m.jpg

Photo0013.jpg

Image395copy.jpg

if you could get it exactly like this then i'm in :)

that is a 4inch inward roled btw

Probably best to PM the guy who works there, that way he'll get an email if he's not checking the site very often.

• 2 weeks later...

Just giving this a bump,i would like to what progress is being made and atleast some pics or video to hear what they sound like.

Hello all!

Apologies for the delay in replying, We still need other models to develop on, we have completed the 1.6 zetec S but i still want 1.25 1.4 petrol and diesel models to develop a system on, please get in touch if you have a car available and can bring it down to us,

I am uploading some pictures to photobucket and hope to add these today.

Please contact me if you need any more information or to place an order

Regards

Tom Edmunds

Piper Cams and Exhsuts.

01303 245 300 - exhausts@pipercams.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tom,

Still have a 1.4 Petrol, if you want it then maybe in the next month or so is best. Possibly swapping it for something else soon so let me know, I can call to discuss if easier.

Regards

Rob

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club