Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help Id'ing/sourcing This Hose

BrightonSam

Hi all,

Just hoping to get a bit of advice.

I've got a Focus 1.6 TDCI 2008 mk2.

The split hose in the picture below needs replacing, which I believe runs from the turbo pipe to the intercooler.

Ford have quoted me £96 + VAT as it appears to come with the rest of the pipe aswell.

Can anyone confirm that I've ID'd it correctly, and also suggest any other recommended places I may just be able to get the hose on its own. Seems to just be a right angle.

Considering silicone too as I've had the engine remapped.

All advice appreciated.

post-63846-144524045882_thumb.jpg

post-63846-144524047818_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi, I also have 2008 1.6tdci and had this hose of recently and took photos. The hose is the outlet from the intercooler to the throttle body housing. It connects to a hard plastic 90 degree bend at the throttle body and ford may sell the pipe and 90 degree bend as one unit.

Removing the drivers headlight helps when removing

post-69277-0-84802200-1445245789_thumb.j

post-69277-0-56897200-1445245815_thumb.j

Think I paid 80 odd quid from Fraud parts in Holmewood it's just down the road from me.

So is the one in my pic definitely the intercooler outlet hose rather than what I originally thought? Can the hose be sourced on its own?

For instance is this the right thing:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-1-6-TDCi-MK2-INTERCOOLER-TURBO-HOSE-SILICONE-AND-C-MAX-MK1-PIPE-BLACK-/301144528326?nav=SEARCH

Look for silicone ones on eBay, half the price as you only get the piece you need rather than all the attached gumf.

It is definatley the intercooler outlet hose and the one in the eBay link will not do - for one its not long enough.

Use 6M51-6K863-HB as an eBay search ( a few around the £35 pound mark

I got a replacement intercooler hose for £10 delivered off eBay. Came without jubilee clips and was a 5 minute job to fit, bit messy though.

Nice one thanks. My symptoms are loss of power and huge gushing of air escaping/smell of exhaust fumes. Does that all tally with what would be expected from a split in the intercooler outlet hose?

Yes, possibly, although as there are exhaust fumes the outlet of the turbo is suspect too

Thanks MXTS, that is the only reason I'm questioning, nothing to do with doubting the knowledge of previous posters - just want to get it right first time!

Friend of mine is a mechanic and MOT tester, although he's only seen photos too reckons it is the intercool hose, but he is trying to steer me away from silicone parts on eBay and towards genuine Ford parts, saying they wouldn't fit sufficiently to hold the boost pressure...any substance to that?

Silicone hoses are far better than standard Ford rubber parts.

Silicone lasts longer, don't perish like rubber, do not break down when oily and do not collapse under a vacuum either.

Exactly how I understood it, not quite sure why he would try sway me back towards Ford rubber parts.

Just need to guarantee it is the intercooler hose which I need now, does seem pretty certain though.

Just thinking outloud...the leak has also caused oily residue on surrounding components and inside of the lid...could this be the smell I'm getting rather than exhaust fumes?

Thanks.

So I've searched the part number that was posted earlier and I've got the part in the first picture.

The disclaimer about the non-detachable elbow joint which isn't supplied (2nd pic) is now my only worry...seems to suggest I won't be able to fit it as is..?

I've ordered the silicone part off eBay for £18.50, hopefully arriving tomorrow so I'll see how I get on once it arrives.

• 5 years later...

Hi am looking for a place that dose silcone hoes cos have had 4 genuine ford pipes what go to intercooler and its just splitting them an suggestion be grate 

11 hours ago, Shaun 18 jackson said:

Hi am looking for a place that dose silcone hoes cos have had 4 genuine ford pipes what go to intercooler and its just splitting them an suggestion be grate 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club