Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Rail

guyster1973uk

hi folks for ages my 2007 1.8 tdci focus was stinking like it was running rich when idle and i thought for ages the CAT was on way out so i took it to a garage today to get the exhaust checked. turned out the exhaust is fine and he said the smell your getting is coming from here and showed me there was a split in fuel rail going into one of the injectors and diesel leaking through. he said you cant replace one pipe as it comes in one unit. you need to do the whole thing. anyone know where i can find one cos i looked everywhere online and cant find them. i know its a long bar with 4 pipes coming off it for each injector

Leak back pipes...the rubber seal on mine split and caused diesel to drip onto the road. You can pick these up from a dealer for about £30 iirc. There should be a part number label on the pipes itself. Very easy to replace yourself.

Leak back pipes...the rubber seal on mine split and caused diesel to drip onto the road. You can pick these up from a dealer for about £30 iirc. There should be a part number label on the pipes itself. Very easy to replace yourself.

cheers mate I'll have a look under bonnet tomorrow if I can't find it I might need to look the part up with ford by vin/reg number . Just out of curiousty mate how much did that pipe cost u .

Been told by my mechanic mate it's the return pipe that's split

Cost me about £30 if i remember correctly...was some time ago. I think the return is same as leak back...mind it is still too early for me hahaha

yep get them from Ford, theyre called the leak back pipes or return pipes.

make sure you also get some of those little clips that hold the pipes to the injectors. 99% chance you will drop some down the engine bay as they are very awkward to put in :wacko:

very easy to replace, just unclip them, wiggle the pipes out and re-fit, it should only take 5-10mins to do

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club