Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St Delivery... Race Against Time!

Mental_Atom

My ST delivery has been delayed!

It was due to arrive this week (has been for ages according to the dealer) so I could pick up next Monday, but apparently now it's showing as next week instead :(

The trouble is my insurance on my current car runs out at midnight on the 1st Nov. so it needs to arrive by the end of next week so I do the P/X before I don't have insurance anymore (So next Saturday at the latest). From what the guy said though Ford tell them the week but not the day, so it could arrive any day next week without warning!

Safe to say the dealer is not impressed, mine and 2 others he's waiting for are now running late... If not the dealer is gonna have to sort insurance somehow because I mentioned all these dates when ordering which is why it was arranged how it is.

They're really good though (Lifestyle Ford Tunbridge Wells) so it should all be fine I hope! Everyone keep your fingers crossed for the timings! :D

U can get insurance for just a couple of days though if you want? Not sure if every company does that though.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Ford dealers can arrange short term insurance for you.

I'm pretty sure Ford dealers can arrange short term insurance for you.

Yeh I'm hoping so, they have Ford Insure (as you get drive-away cover) so it'll be doable if it comes to that I hope.

Yea or ask for their st demonstrator :)

So the car is arriving tomorrow, but they can't possibly get it ready for Saturday apparently (they need at least 3 working days), so they recommended I get temporary cover until early next week...

Means I gotta spend another £60-70 on insurance for 2 days just so I can go to the P/X... I know it's down to Ford's delivery schedule but still, not impressed!

Why did you cancel you insurance without the new car being there?

I've never even thought of cancelling my insurance, until I was sitting in the new car and parted with the old one. I know, from my own and others' experience, that car delivery can (and likely will) be delayed.

Why did you cancel you insurance without the new car being there?

I've never even thought of cancelling my insurance, until I was sitting in the new car and parted with the old one. I know, from my own and others' experience, that car delivery can (and likely will) be delayed.

I didn't cancel it, it just naturally expires on Sunday as it happens to have been a year :( It was all arranged to line up neatly

Who's providing the temporary cover?

If the current insurer then surely they could have gone cheaper.

Did Ford not offer you temp cover on good faith?

I was offered that when I got my ST but had it arranged on pick up day for old car to be covered until one minute to midnight on collection day and new insurance on ST to start at one minute after midnight on collection day.

Basically both cars were insured on the same day allowing a smooth transition.

I suppose the trouble you have is that your previous policy has run it's term so any extensions would need a new quote.

Who's providing the temporary cover?

If the current insurer then surely they could have gone cheaper.

Did Ford not offer you temp cover on good faith?

I was offered that when I got my ST but had it arranged on pick up day for old car to be covered until one minute to midnight on collection day and new insurance on ST to start at one minute after midnight on collection day.

Basically both cars were insured on the same day allowing a smooth transition.

I suppose the trouble you have is that your previous policy has run it's term so any extensions would need a new quote.

It'll be somebody on tempcover.com probably, they have decent quotes.

Nope, they haven't offered anything to compensate...

Thing is the salesman who I was dealing with is on holiday this week, so I'm in the care of the finance manager instead and he's nowhere near as helpful. Steve (the salesman) is great and friendly and cheerful, whereas this guy isn't exactly cheerful or particularly friendly haha, just seems to do the bare minimum to look after me while Steve is away.

I think I'm just gonna have to live with it, as annoying as it is. My current insurer no longer exist for new quotes as they're being reabsorbed by their parent company, so won't get any help there!

Pity about the inconvenient timing with the insurance but I hope it won't sour the day.

Getting a new car is special and even more so seeing as it's an ST.

Once you drive off the lot and onto the open road & knowing you're behind the wheel of a very capable car will make it all feel worthwhile.

Absolutely, I still feel i'm driving a brand new car every time I get into it. Insurance wise I was a touch lucky, I collected it from Wales, drove home, then found I had no insurance. I misheard the reg number over the phone and got D mixed up with V.

• Like 1

Pity about the inconvenient timing with the insurance but I hope it won't sour the day.

Getting a new car is special and even more so seeing as it's an ST.

Once you drive off the lot and onto the open road & knowing you're behind the wheel of a very capable car will make it all feel worthwhile.

Yeah, it'll be good! I only got the current one last year, but that one got delivered so being able to physically drive it off the lot should be great!

Looking forward to the power :) 125 is good, but 180 is better :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club