Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Lock. Can it be set to auto?

russellf

Hi, is there any way you can set the doors to lock automatically when you start to drive off,

or do you just have to remember to press the dash button ??

I am sure someone put the details on here of how you can get them to auto-lock but can't remember who it was (not sure help was I LOL)

No, unlike every other modern small car in the universe at this price point, the Fiesta doesn't have this feature.

Way to go Ford!

Chris...

Even my cruddy corsa d trade-in had this feature, you programmed the remote via the dash and hey presto the doors would autolock over 4mph.

I am sure someone put the details on here of how you can get them to auto-lock but can't remember who it was (not sure help was I LOL)

I must have missed this.

Wish there was a way!

Even my cruddy corsa d trade-in had this feature, you programmed the remote via the dash and hey presto the doors would autolock over 4mph.

Much as I hated my Corsa - it had MANY technical inovations that for some reason Ford haven't thought fit to incorporate into the Fiesta. The configuration options of the Corsa were very nice and I miss them!

I'd like to say 'ah well, Fords are just like that', but these same configuration options (such as auto-lock) are available on the Focus, Mondeo and even the KA! Why did the Fiesta miss out!? Was it because the software for the car was written by four year old kids, on a £10 budget??

We may never know! :lol:

Chris...

I say again - it is not safe to drive with your doors locked.

I used this feature in my mother's Renault Megane - hit 5 mph and the doors lock. Great, until I crashed on the motorway at 80mph i the middle of the night. The fact that the doors were locked shut (with the failed electrical system) delayed me being got out of the car by nearly an hour. The roof had to come off in the end.

Good point Dan! You had a lucky escape, must have been terrifying :(

I say again - it is not safe to drive with your doors locked.

I used this feature in my mother's Renault Megane - hit 5 mph and the doors lock. Great, until I crashed on the motorway at 80mph i the middle of the night. The fact that the doors were locked shut (with the failed electrical system) delayed me being got out of the car by nearly an hour. The roof had to come off in the end.

Totally understand what your saying, but surely they can just smash the glass and unlock from inside, and if thats not the case surely they wouldnt be able to undo the door anyway?

Most modern cars auto-unlock in the event of a crash... Also, I've no idea why Renault would dead-lock the doors on auto-lock!? Even with the electrical system dead, the door handles are still physically connected to the latches and should allow you out the car, power or not.

That's a really stupid design if they did that. :(

Anyways, it's a LOT safer to drive with your doors locked around my way - because if you do any night driving at weekends - you WILL at the very least have someone trying to steal out your car at the lights... or worse - try and make off with your motor.

Also, how hard is it to press the lock button anyways? Sheesh.

Oh it's not that hard... If you live in 1996, where it's expected your car won't have auto lock. I'll tell you doing stop / start or deliveries and locking the car each time gets to be a pain in the !Removed! real quick.

Chris...

My Panzer has some sort of South African measure, where it locks the doors a few seconds after the engine starts. South Africa is whee a lot of car jackings take place for those confused!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club