Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locking The Crankshaft To Tightern The Pully Bolt 1.6 2002

andrewblueboy

hi all

car is a 1.6 petrol cam and crank locked with kit. when belt fitted and and ready to tightern crankshaft pully bolt how do i hold crank still to do this.i know locking kit has to be removed. just unsure how i keep it still while doing up crank bolt thanks

The easiest way is by using a flywheel locking tool. A flywheel locking tool can be installed after the starter motor has been removed. It is simply bolted onto the starter motor bolts and has a single tooth which locks the flywheel into position.

Another possibility is to use a decent (good quality) universal pulley holder. However a lot of force is needed to tighten the pulley bolt to the specified torque/angle so the pulley holder must be very strong. I used to have one which simply broke during tightening so I made one myself using solid steel bars.

• Like 1

thought i give a update. all sorted running a lot smother. just like to say thankyou for all advice given

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club