Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Smoke From Exhaust

AChubbyWookie
聽Share

Large amounts of white smoke comes out of the exhaust under hard acceleration in a 1.5t ecoboost only 1200 miles on the clock wondering if anyone could help with this

That's just condensation in the exhaust mate,

The turbo engine creates more exhaust pressure than naturally aspirated engines because its forced induction; its sucking in vast quantitys of air which turns to steam in exhaust

if this is your first turbo vehicle it may be why you hadn't noticed it as much in previous vehicles,

It happens as wheater gets colder the heat in the exhaust causes condensation when cooling as well as when heating up in cold conditions

it's blue tinted smoke is the problem and it would be very different which would mean worn oil seals but white smoke is ok.

Here's mine on idle when started first thing on cold morning

IMG_20130225_111926_zpsc33b0158.jpg

Produces a cloud when I accelerate to 3000rpm in 2nd Gear 馃榾

great for tail gaitors

It's nit just from cold as it still happens whend the engine is warm even after driving 20 miles on the motorway it still occurs I had a 1 litre ecoboost before this one and it was no where near as bad

Dont think its much else than the gas leaving the exhaust is hot and external temp is cold I was behind a new rs4 twin exhaust and it was like a fog machine every time he put the foot down.....if you look at most cars its there as well at speed you'll never see it nor will most others at a stop you will if you're coolant level is fine no gunk in the oil cap or dipstick then I wouldn't worry too much

• Like 1

My car was sitting up for 6 months while i was on a woeking holiday, there was white smoke coming from the exhaust when i started it up again, left it heat up and gave it a proper rallying, haven't seen any smoke since.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sorry to have to resurrect an old post, but did you take your car to the dealer RE the smoke? Just got my 1.5 ecoboost focus and noticed it smokes a bit on acceleration, I can really notice it at night in the rear view when there's a car following. It also has a little annoying rattle coming from the engine on tick over that can't be heard from the outside, might get it back to the dealers soon, it only has 150 miles on it so far.

Would be interested to see what the outcome of yours was.

38 minutes ago, mjt said:

Re: the rattle is it anything like what was described here?

Hi, yeah it sounds similar but thankfully no where near as bad as that example. It seems to disappear when applying any throttle but just there in the background on idle! I've also noticed a build up of soot on the exhaust tip already and it's only 200 miles in, I'm a little concerned it may be connected to the remap so have asked for advice from 聽superchips on the matter.

Yeah very true, with it being brand new and petrol I didn't expect to see the tip sooted up within 4 days, soots up quicker than my old 330D and that was a chain smoker! I'll keep my eye on it perhaps it will die down as the engine beds in with the remap.聽:biggrin:

• 4 years later...

Hi I have a 2015 1.4 ford fiesta and white smoke is coming out on start up but the water bottle is building pressure and the fan is not coming on . The head was send to the engineers and pressure tested and the head gasket was replaced . Pls help me as I dont know what can be causing it.聽聽