Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I bought this today!

DaveFord

Hi everyone,

I've been looking to replace my 1.6 Ti-VCT Focus for a while now, primarily due to the awful fuel economy, but I also needed something bigger due to my allotment habit that i've developed recently.

So, having said that, I bought this today -

3932444360_f1abdbf14e_o.jpg

3932444460_a55f73db0c_o.jpg

3932445630_8a6ce9e093_o.jpg

It's a 1.8 TDCi Zetec, with optional 6-speed gearbox, 17" rims, boot spoiler and bluetooth.

It's actually my 3rd Mondeo, before the Focus I had a 2003 Mondeo Zetec 2.0 Auto (petrol) and a 2004 Mondeo Zetec 2.0 TDCi (115PS).

Anyway, I can't wait to pick it up next week!

Looks good, the Zetec sports kit makes it similar to a mondeo titanium. All it needs is the Titanium X Sport bodykit to finish it off!

I am thinking of a 1.8 Tdci Mondeo myself as I miss having the 5 doors and large boot of my previous mk3 mondeo edge.

Hi there

Looks very nice i am thinking about trading my 06 ghia in for one of the new shape ones. They look very nice and the space i have heard is amazing! happy motoring!

Well, I've had the car for 36 hours now. Do I love it? Almost......!

I'm getting used to driving a diesel again, working with the torque-curve, unlike my Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT which was only happy above 4000rpm.

The car is really comfortable, but I'm having some trouble finding the optimal driving position. It'll come with time and experimenting. One thing I've realised is how high-set the seats in the MK2 Focus are, compared to the Mondeo.

I set-up the bluetooth today, which works really well and I've had hours of fun with the voice-control. "Climate", "Temperature", "18"...and the car replies "80 degrees" and then tries to cook me!

I love some of the other features too - one-shot up and down on all four windows, footwell lights (which don't show on the Ford ETIS site), the HMI is really easy to use and quite intuitive.

Faults - none that I can find, although this evening I noticed a strange noise from behind the dashboard - it sounds like a loose nut or screw or something similar, rolling around. Very odd. Also, there are some scratches on the roof that I noticed, and when I mentioned them to the dealer today, I was told "Well, it's a used car". I replied, "yes, used by yourselves, from new!"

We'll see how that pans-out...

MPG, via the computer - has climbed from 35mpg to 40mpg through more-careful driving. The feel of the turbo kicking-in at 2000rpm is quite addictive.

Next up - a 2.2TDCi in about 2 years from now...! ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club