Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Washer motor.

Andrewsm6666

Hello all.

My front windscreen washer has stopped working recently.

When I try to activate it by pulling the stalk down I cannot hear the motor though when I try the rear one I can hear the motor and it works without a problem.

I removed the motor and put 12V on it and it spun ok. I could see the two tube connectors on the motor but what I don't understand is how the pump controls the wash to go to the front and/or back independantly. As the voltage supply is on two wires, is it possible that reversing the 12V supply spins the motor in the other direction causing the other wash to operate?

I cannot remember if you can operate both the rear and front simultaneously? If so my theory is wrong.

Any ideas?

Hello all.

My front windscreen washer has stopped working recently.

When I try to activate it by pulling the stalk down I cannot hear the motor though when I try the rear one I can hear the motor and it works without a problem.

I removed the motor and put 12V on it and it spun ok. I could see the two tube connectors on the motor but what I don't understand is how the pump controls the wash to go to the front and/or back independantly. As the voltage supply is on two wires, is it possible that reversing the 12V supply spins the motor in the other direction causing the other wash to operate?

I cannot remember if you can operate both the rear and front simultaneously? If so my theory is wrong.

Any ideas?

That's how it works, did you try reversing the 12v to see if the motor runs in the opposite direction ?

It probably will and that should make the switch the likely problem.

did you check the fuse and relay for the front operation.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club