Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Vs Polo Decision

liamborghini

Wasn't sure if they included it on the red/black.

Easy enough to upgrade it though. All "8" speakers only cost me £80 from Ford and picked up a HU on ebay for about £250 iirc.

Yeah thats the only thing that puts me off... But ford dab is just as good I hope, anyway I'lll pretty much use bluetooth 90% of the time or AUX.

Do the dealerships install the Speakers for you if you want more?

Yeah thats the only thing that puts me off... But ford dab is just as good I hope, anyway I'lll pretty much use bluetooth 90% of the time or AUX.

Do the dealerships install the speakers for you if you want more?

Any good dealer will do just about any work that won't invalidate the warranty.

Some just can't be bothered though, lol.

I love the DAB cos I like all the absolute radio channels, also love a bit of talksport on the drive home! then it's spotify linked through the bluetooth.

By all means pay a bit extra for the sony system if you really want it but you should definitely get the fiesta!

I love the DAB cos I like all the absolute radio channels, also love a bit of talksport on the drive home! then it's spotify linked through the bluetooth.

By all means pay a bit extra for the sony system if you really want it but you should definitely get the fiesta!

I didnt even know the black and red can come wiht the sony, on the website it just says about ford dab and satnav but not with the sony unit :/

Any good dealer will do just about any work that won't invalidate the warranty.

Some just can't be bothered though, lol.

Sounds like I'll ask for two more Speakers then! :lol:

I had the DAB as an extra but it was listed on their website as free, the sony one with navigation was £500 extra.

The speakers are pretty good in this anyway, I don't like my music blasting but it seems pretty crisp :)

Alex your car is unreal by the way mate! Love the colour

I'd probably opt for the sat nav and sony if they exist then, hate using my phone and google maps :/

Doesn't look like the Sony is an option from the price list. The extra Speakers are just tweeters built in to the woofers in the rear anyway, still fed off the same cabling. The car is wired for 6 Speakers, regardless of whether you have the Sony or standard system.

The difference between the two systems is the HU and the fact that the standard system uses paper cones, vs the sony's polymer ones (they are blue, look like aftermarket ones).

If the red/black is what you want, then the easiest upgrade would be just to do the Speakers. They are very simple to replace and only cost me £80 for all 6/8, the HU is a right faff, and might not be worth the bother. I never tried the premium speakers with the standard HU but can't imagine it being that bad, just might not go as loud, which shouldn't be a problem unless you want to host a concert with the doors open, lol.

Doesn't look like the Sony is an option from the price list. The extra speakers are just tweeters built in to the woofers in the rear anyway, still fed off the same cabling. The car is wired for 6 speakers, regardless of whether you have the Sony or standard system.

The difference between the two systems is the HU and the fact that the standard system uses paper cones, vs the sony's polymer ones (they are blue, look like aftermarket ones).

If the red/black is what you want, then the easiest upgrade would be just to do the speakers. They are very simple to replace and only cost me £80 for all 6/8, the HU is a right faff, and might not be worth the bother. I never tried the premium speakers with the standard HU but can't imagine it being that bad, just might not go as loud, which shouldn't be a problem unless you want to host a concert with the doors open, lol.

Oh ok! Well then I'm not too fussed about the sony dab thing then, as long as I can have the blue Speakers :lol: or aftermarket ones if the warranty permits?

Being a youth a do like my music to be slightly louder than an elderly gentleman would have his :lol: ;)

You can only see the colour with the panels off, so I wouldn't worry about the aesthetic difference. The Ford ones are a straight fit, aftermarket ones need a bracket.

I have photos somewhere of the differences I'll see if I can dig out.

Definitely get DAB if it is an option though.

You can only see the colour with the panels off, so I wouldn't worry about the aesthetic difference. The Ford ones are a straight fit, aftermarket ones need a bracket.

I have photos somewhere of the differences I'll see if I can dig out.

Definitely get DAB if it is an option though.

I just meant Id rather have the higher quality Speakers :lol: but yeah that would help

But yeah DAB is the better system

I found that pic on google when looking for it, lol.

Didn't post in the end as it was damaged.

Gives you a good idea though.

• Like 1

I actually traded in my Fiesta Titanium for a Polo Match, it was a bad decision. The Polo was such a bland car that I can barely remember what it was like, despite it being fairly recently.

What I do remember is that the radio was very tinny and too quiet to hear at motorway speeds - compared to the excellent Sony radio in my Fiesta. The handling was pap (that's a scientific term), and the dealer service was shocking. I traded the Polo in after 8 months for a Focus Titanium :D I think the Fords I've owned had their bad points but also a lot of good points, and that's what makes the character of the car. The Polo was so characterless it had nothing to like or dislike about it especially.

I suppose your neighbours might be more impressed by a VW badge, and that matters to some people.

Liam:

I've uploaded the pics to the gallery now. Hope they're useful.

Black/Red editions are great cars. You can't get this sort of handling even if you buy a 40K car. I chose the Black, since it has more character, to me it's more cool. The rear is especially pleasing, since the red rear lights stand out more against the black colour.

The cars aren't perfect though, just like any other car. Here is what I would have liked to see in the Fiesta:

• Touchscreen - in 2015 most cars have it, especially at this price point. In the USA, Fiestas already have this. Why not here in Europe?
  • Rear disc brakes - for a car this powerful, it should have rear disc brakes.
  • Better quality plastics - especially the bottom door sides feel like they could break any second. They probably won't. :)

I too was torn between the Polo BlueGT and the Fiesta Black 5 months ago, when I got tired of my Fiat Punto. Polo has its good sides, but I can't handle driving a car that bland and with so many pensioners driving them. :P
Today I am really glad that I didn't choose the Polo, especially after the VW scandal has come out. Now I will NEVER ever own a VW, diesel or otherwise. When a company is willing to make fools of the entire world, it does not deserve my money or attention. :angry:

One advice: run it only on VPower or similar 99-100 octane petrol. It just gives it that extra oomph.

• Like 1

Liam:

I've uploaded the pics to the gallery now. Hope they're useful.

Black/Red editions are great cars. You can't get this sort of handling even if you buy a 40K car. I chose the Black, since it has more character, to me it's more cool. The rear is especially pleasing, since the red rear lights stand out more against the black colour.

The cars aren't perfect though, just like any other car. Here is what I would have liked to see in the Fiesta:

• Touchscreen - in 2015 most cars have it, especially at this price point. In the USA, Fiestas already have this. Why not here in Europe?
  • Rear disc brakes - for a car this powerful, it should have rear disc brakes.
  • Better quality plastics - especially the bottom door sides feel like they could break any second. They probably won't. :)

I too was torn between the Polo BlueGT and the Fiesta Black 5 months ago, when I got tired of my Fiat Punto. Polo has its good sides, but I can't handle driving a car that bland and with so many pensioners driving them. :P

Today I am really glad that I didn't choose the Polo, especially after the VW scandal has come out. Now I will NEVER ever own a VW, diesel or otherwise. When a company is willing to make fools of the entire world, it does not deserve my money or attention. :angry:

One advice: run it only on VPower or similar 99-100 octane petrol. It just gives it that extra oomph.

I agree! Plus the price difference just wouldnt warrant it tbh,

Everyone has been most helpful! Thanks to all, and I like the look of those quality Speakers, must be better than paper! :D :lol:

I actually traded in my Fiesta Titanium for a Polo Match, it was a bad decision. The Polo was such a bland car that I can barely remember what it was like, despite it being fairly recently.

What I do remember is that the radio was very tinny and too quiet to hear at motorway speeds - compared to the excellent Sony radio in my Fiesta. The handling was pap (that's a scientific term), and the dealer service was shocking. I traded the Polo in after 8 months for a Focus Titanium :D I think the Fords I've owned had their bad points but also a lot of good points, and that's what makes the character of the car. The Polo was so characterless it had nothing to like or dislike about it especially.

I suppose your neighbours might be more impressed by a VW badge, and that matters to some people.

Spot on with what you have said ! a lot of car purchase decisions are based on the badge I was once that way myself sadly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree! Plus the price difference just wouldnt warrant it tbh,

Everyone has been most helpful! Thanks to all, and I like the look of those quality speakers, must be better than paper! :D :lol:

Hey Liam,

Just curious what did you buy in the end then?

The only polo i'd buy is the GTI. It does look quite nice, but then again i chose a Fiesta ST over it. Purely because the fiesta has a lovely ride quality and corners so good! Then theres the recaro seats!

The red edition did cross my mind but i didn't want to sit at the lights alongside a ST and think i should have bought one of those instead. I manage 42mpg which is rather good considering the 188bhp from the 1.6 ltr.

The only polo i'd buy is the GTI. It does look quite nice, but then again i chose a Fiesta ST over it. Purely because the fiesta has a lovely ride quality and corners so good! Then theres the recaro seats!

The red edition did cross my mind but i didn't want to sit at the lights alongside a ST and think i should have bought one of those instead. I manage 42mpg which is rather good considering the 188bhp from the 1.6 ltr.

Haha, I'm in that boat now. I didn't get the ST because I thought Insurance would be through the roof, But now I'm seeing 19 year olds somehow paying 900 PA on them.

Hey Liam,

Just curious what did you buy in the end then?

Not buying yet, getting in January when my 1year NCB *touch wood* kicks in :)

Yeah but I'd be happier with a more unique looking car and when I tell them 140ps from a 1 litre :lol:

Haha, I'm in that boat now. I didn't get the ST because I thought Insurance would be through the roof, But now I'm seeing 19 year olds somehow paying 900 PA on them.

I'm 18 and a new fiesta ST would cost me £800PA without black box :D

• Like 1

I don't have the models mentioned but I do own a Fiesta Ecoboost and recently I did a lot of driving in Spain in a rented Polo for work. The Polo does have a more solid feel to it but otherwise as others have said it is nowhere near as fun to drive. The Polo just felt more vague and less engaging and even my rather weak Ecoboost engine felt a lot more impressive on the motorway. In general both cars should have been comparable in terms of price and specs.

If you are also interested in reliability it's worth checking out the German ADAC car reliability index - an English version is online. In general Fiestas start off lower than Polos in the rankings. However, in the longer term (after two years) Fiestas are higher.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I haven't ever made a thread before here but I needed some help making a decision.

I'm thinking about the fiesta black edition since it stands out quite a bit!

Why on earth would you care if it "stands out quite a bit"?

Who/why are you trying to impress? If the car impresses you, go buy it.

"The Major" next door to me has a Lexus with private plates, i'm sure he feels it impresses, not me i'm afraid.

Then again, I'm an old *art and a realist :D

I am not sure about the rules on importing cars into the UK from another EU member state or even if you can get the wheel on the "correct" side. However; there are big discounts every year in Luxembourg on new cars in January until about the first week of February. I paid about 30% less than the list price and exchange rate differences within brands can result in even more savings. If you are prepared to order a wait a bit then it may be worth considering.

• Like 1

I pay £600 PA and i'm 21.

"Yeah but I'd be happier with a more unique looking car and when I tell them 140ps from a 1 litre :lol:"

I can make my ST look unique, where i am they already are. Many people drive the black or red editions and well i'd be disappointed with myself if i owned one and a ST pulled up alongside me. Everyday drivers won't know the difference between a black/red edition and a standard fiesta but you can see the difference more with the ST. Also as a car guy, ST wins for me, and i know that i can't get a better fiesta without doing upgrades.

• Like 1

I pay £600 PA and i'm 21.

"Yeah but I'd be happier with a more unique looking car and when I tell them 140ps from a 1 litre :lol:"

I can make my ST look unique, where i am they already are. Many people drive the black or red editions and well i'd be disappointed with myself if i owned one and a ST pulled up alongside me. Everyday drivers won't know the difference between a black/red edition and a standard fiesta but you can see the difference more with the ST. Also as a car guy, ST wins for me, and i know that i can't get a better fiesta without doing upgrades.

I'm 33, with 10years ncb and no points. :( :(

I'm 33, with 10years ncb and no points. :( :(

You won't regret getting the ST over the 1ltr.

My dad drove mine and wants to upgrade his focus to a ST :lol:

You won't regret getting the ST over the 1ltr.

My dad drove mine and wants to upgrade his focus to a ST :lol:

I have the Metal, it's group 17, nice little car. I don't plan on spending too much more on it though, will probably look to swap it out for a new ST once the newer models are released.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club