Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How East To Fit Zetec S/ St Spoiler

mikeyd1

Hi I am thinking about buying a large spoiler and just when I was going to buy 1 I read u need to extend brake light wire and wash jet hose pipe thing. If any1 has done this before or knows how to do it ill be gratefull for any info before I buy the spoiler. Thanks in advance

I did change the standard spoiler to the sport one myself last july.

In fact after removing the old spoiler (wich is quite simple), it turned out, that the break light wire was just long enough (after pulling at it out of the cable channel) to fit for the large spoiler.

The rubber tube for the wiper was clearly too short, but i just got piece of hose in the DIY Market and extended it about 10cm in the middle.

It holds and works. ;)

You must get an awful lot of extra downforce/wheel grip with that fitted. Maybe above 150 mph?

Done it to mine also, extened the brake light cable with some 18 guage I had in the garage, enxtended the washer with some random hose and put it all back together :)

• 1 month later...

Wel I've orderd a used 1 off eBay with a bit of hose and wire still attached but I have not got a clue how to extend these wire and tube I don't supposed any1 would like to help me out on the weekend fitted it there lunch and a few beers in it?

If you have a cable and hose already attached then you are almost there, Just need to connect cable to cable with a connter block or crimp spice and a connector in the hose. There must be a guide on the guides forum or on utube.

here you are.Easy.

Can't read your neighbours bin logo so I don't know where you are.

PM me if you want to know anything.

If you have bought yours used from a breaker than it hopefully comes with all the fittings already attached. Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi, well I think I'll be OK with the wires buts it's the hose to hose I don't no what to do with.

Halfords. in their bits and pieces rack find a hose connector or ask someone on the staff. Cut off 25 mm of the hose from the new spoller and take it with you for a sample. Plenty of washer hoses have connectors.

Wel got the spoiler today of fleabay 100 quid mint just need to sort out these wire and hose

Quick up date really simple to fit conected wires a b fidderly used butt connectors some shrink wraps and some tape. Hose was really easy just bought a hose connector from Halfords. Took 2 seconds. Then put spoiler back on looked loads better but t colour was slightly off so now took back off to get painted. So all in all 100 for spoiler 120 for painting and 5 for bi bi peices. Will upload the pics when refit the spoiler.

Anyone else find that the rear washer doesnt hit the screen high enough?

Good job, I'm sure that others will now be inspired to tackle the job as well. What's next?

• Like 1

I would not of done it without the suggestions and know how of people on here so I say thanks to all.Well so far I've done wheels, armrest and spoiler. I thinks ill do sill plates and that will be me done.

Even without the side skirts and front and rear bodykit it looks nicer with the new spoiler! Nice one, mate :)

• Like 1

Was thinking of doing this to mine a while back. Then I never bothered because I thought it'd look weird without the rest of the kit! But it doesn't! Cheers for the pics mate, I know what I'm doing next ;-)

• Like 1

Anyone else find that the rear washer doesnt hit the screen high enough?

Can you not move the rear washer with a paperclip ro something similar to direct it more to the screen?

Get some tints on those rear windows! Looks good though mate

• Like 1

Looks great now, However it looks strange imo without the body kit, From personal experiencing fitting the body kit its one hell of a challenge and i would never do it again, However you should definitely get the windows tinted!

Edit: Also get the chrome wrapped matte black along the windows like i did