Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Mondeo Tdci Smf Or Dmf

Youngy1402

As above Iv had my mondeo for about a month and when I picked it up I knew the flywheel was on its way out but it was cheap so I bought it anyway,so because I do about 150 miles a day because I use it for work would it be better fitting a solid flywheel or sticking with a dmf and can anyone tell me the best place to buy one

Thanks

I would stick with the DMF, SMF can cause crankshaft probs

Hi Aaron. I did have a Mondeo 54 Reg with the dreaded DMF. To save money we had an SMF conversion fitted. Admittedly, it was the cheapest version I could find and did the job. The only thing I can say as a down side, was that under load i.e. going up hill etc we got quite a bit of vibration being felt coming through the car. I could live with it but the wife couldn't stand it. So we sold it!! New owners didn't seem bothered by it when I told them about it...and even on the 'test drive' they felt it but loved the car anyway...Ghia X full leather....all the gizmo's...nice car... so they had it!! So it's up to you really. If you can afford the DMF and are keeping the car for a while then that might be worth doing...bearing in mind though that the DMF might fail before it's done not that many miles. (We bought a Seat Alhambra 51 plate and the DMF has been changed on that...and it's only on 43,000miles NOW!!) If you can't afford it then maybe think about buying a Valeo DMF/SMF conversion kit. Good quality. (They guarantee the Flywheel (ONLY) for the life of the vehicle).

Hope this helps a bit,

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the info but Iv been thinking about it and I'm going to stick another dmf in because when the mot is due at the end of March I'm greeting rid of it and getting a new shape Mondeo

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club