Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Peeling inside wheel arch!

FezzaT

will ford ever get their !Removed! act together? seriously, people wait so long for cars and then they're slapped in the face. even though its only a little bit by the wheelarch it shouldn't happen!!

That's pretty shocking. So far I've been dissapointed by all the bad stories RE: the New fiesta paintwork. It seems to chip pretty easy and now its just falling off?

Get it protected asap and there won't be a problem. And no I don't mean Diamondbrite :lol:

Should we be the ones protecting new cars. Thought it was ford's job to provide a car fit for purpose. Not ones with paint chipping and in this case falling off. Hate to think what this paint work could look like in 12 mnths.

Ours, built March 09 is exactly the same on the drivers side.

Although it has peeled off like yours it appears to be sound on the edge and underneath.

Will still be mentioning it to Ford when I next go to the dealer though.

Ford have cut far to many corners in cost cutting with the Fiesta.

It is a great car to drive and has some great features BUT no curtain airbags as standard is shocking in this day and age also the plastics on the doors etc are straight from the 80s Fords!!!

Why is no curtain airbags as standard shocking? It has side airbags, and some extras as well.

The BMW 1 series doesn't even have the option of curtains - only side airbags. The equivalent Peugeots and Renaults don't have curtains as standard. The Fiesta isn't exactly in the dark ages :lol:

I'm pretty convinced it's only the insides of the two front wheelarches that are affected by this - After examining the rest of the extrenal paintwork and on this section I can tell just by feeling that it was a very thin layer with no protection, the rest of the car seems fine.

Obviously still annoyed as it sholdn't happen at all though!

What protection would you recommend Dan - once they repaired this?

Cheers

My car's been like that from day 1 :( although maybe not quite so bad. Just seems to be inside the inner arches.

thanks dan, will call them as soon as they open tomorrow:

gallery_8764_163_378572.jpg

Look on the bright side - there is no danger of it rusting!

Snap - exactly the same has happened to my car. Exactly the same place. The paint has fallen off in big chunks.

I have taken my car back to my dealer whom told me there is nothing they can do as they don't have a bodyshop. They advised me that it was a warranty claim so I would need to go to an authorised Ford main dealer (with a bodyshop). So I trotted off to Bristol Street Motors in Stafford who took photos of the area and filled out a form and then told me that as soon as Ford gave the go ahead that they would call me to book it in.

This all sounds good and proper until you find out that the problem first occured 1 week after I took delivery of my car and I have been waiting for the "call" ever since. I took delivery of my car on 4th July so it's 2 months and counting.

I have phoned Bristol street on several occassions and just been told that Ford don't rush themselves and that I will simply have to wait longer.

Snap - exactly the same has happened to my car. Exactly the same place. The paint has fallen off in big chunks.

I have taken my car back to my dealer whom told me there is nothing they can do as they don't have a bodyshop. They advised me that it was a warranty claim so I would need to go to an authorised Ford main dealer (with a bodyshop). So I trotted off to Bristol Street Motors in Stafford who took photos of the area and filled out a form and then told me that as soon as Ford gave the go ahead that they would call me to book it in.

This all sounds good and proper until you find out that the problem first occured 1 week after I took delivery of my car and I have been waiting for the "call" ever since. I took delivery of my car on 4th July so it's 2 months and counting.

I have phoned Bristol street on several occassions and just been told that Ford don't rush themselves and that I will simply have to wait longer.

If this happens to me I'll just get it resprayed myself - anyone know where you can get vision blue paint?

If this happens to me I'll just get it resprayed myself - anyone know where you can get vision blue paint?

Its not a simple case of touching it up. If the paint flakes off then it means that for whatever reason the adhesion properties are wrong. In time this can affect other parts of the car, so its best to stick to a genuine Ford repair scheme, so Ford don't claim that someone else interfered with the car consequently invalidates the waranty.

Regards

It is a great car to drive and has some great features BUT no curtain airbags as standard is shocking in this day and age also the plastics on the doors etc are straight from the 80s Fords!!!

I agree, the door plastics are terrible and I wasnt pleased at having to pay an extra £250 for curtain airbags! I still love my Fiesta though!

Why is no curtain airbags as standard shocking? It has side airbags, and some extras as well.

The BMW 1 series doesn't even have the option of curtains - only side airbags. The equivalent Peugeots and Renaults don't have curtains as standard. The Fiesta isn't exactly in the dark ages :lol:

Actually, the 1 Series has curtain airbags as standard on every model.

There is no comparison with Peugeot and Renault, the new Fiesta should be being compared to the Mini and new VW Polo. The new Polo has curtain airbags and ESP as standard across the range and the paint probably wont peel off!! Ford really need to get their act together as the new Fiesta is a great car but they risk losing sales through obvious cost cutting. The modern styling of the interior and exterior helps to cover this up <_<

No this actually peeling - nothing to do with stone chips/chipping.

Agreed. This is not simple stone chips the paint is actually falling off in large flakes. My main concern with it is that this moves round to the front of the bumper where it will be openly visible.

Update:

Have just got back from my dealers, they have taken photos and just need the authorisation from Ford to fix under warranty (just a formality), during my conversation with the service manager though I was advised that a jet wash shouldn't be used on the car at any point, to avoid this happening. slightly annoyed, surely modern cars should have paintwork that have no trouble with todays standard washing techniques!

Anyways, once it's fixed, I'll remember to be extra careful around that area when cleaning in future.

Update:

Have just got back from my dealers, they have taken photos and just need the authorisation from Ford to fix under warranty (just a formality), during my conversation with the service manager though I was advised that a jet wash shouldn't be used on the car at any point, to avoid this happening. slightly annoyed, surely modern cars should have paintwork that have no trouble with todays standard washing techniques!

Anyways, once it's fixed, I'll remember to be extra careful around that area when cleaning in future.

A jetwash will only remove loose paintwork. i.e. flawed paintwork, I use a comercial jetwash on my 7 year old Audi several times a tear with no problems.

I thought I'd add some more pics to this problem so people can keep their eyes on their fiestas (just in case).

The problem area:-

IMG_0265.jpg

The resulting large flakes of paint:-

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

I thought I'd add some more pics to this problem so people can keep their eyes on their fiestas (just in case).

The problem area:-

IMG_0265.jpg

The resulting large flakes of paint:-

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

i have the same problem mines a 58 plate ex demonstrator... when i had it the 'problem area' was black with a bit of red on the edges :/

some poor paint job there ford :angry:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club