Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Peeling inside wheel arch!

FezzaT

I guess this is another reason for anyone considering getting one to buy white! Probably would barely notice it lol!

Anyway Dealer has got back to me and it's booked in next Thursday to get resprayed and (hopefully) they'll add a layer of clearcoat or something as it doesn't have it on the inside of the arches as standard - you can tell just by running your finger along it, just a really crappy thin layer of paint

UPDATE:

Now had this repaired under waranty, they've done a good job (obviously one that shouldn't have been necessary, but still), added a clearcoat layer this time so it should be OK from now on!

• 2 months later...
Its not a simple case of touching it up. If the paint flakes off then it means that for whatever reason the adhesion properties are wrong. In time this can affect other parts of the car, so its best to stick to a genuine Ford repair scheme, so Ford don't claim that someone else interfered with the car consequently invalidates the waranty.

Regards

hi there i too have the same prob, it got taking in on monday and i got a 59 courcey car i checked it today and both sides are flakin, for a new car it must be a real prob