Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Mk3.5 Focus Zetec S

roper993

So after my baby fiesta got written off, ive made the jump to a focus zetec s in deep impact blue.

Managed to find a car that had already been built with the only option of parking sensors, which ment it was 3 weeks to come instead of 3 months!

Upon delivery of the car, to my amazement it came with a touch screen multimedia screen (not sat nav) which i was not expecting, big bonus!

Since owning the car i have tinted the back windows my self and thats about it. Just wondering if anyone has any tips, tricks with the touchscreen to be able to get av input like the American version. Also is there any cool mods people have found, suggest!

Cheers guys, Alex

• Like 1

Nice one mate, enjoy it!

What engine you've got?

Cheers pal!

Got the 1litre 125 ps engine in. Pretty quick for a one litre tho!

Yeah, I got that one too. It's a very good all-around engine for the Focus.

• Like 1

Yer its got a good pull to it when it gets going but still really good on mpg ! Been having a look at remaps and they can push about 145 maybe 150 bhp, which is a nice 20/25% increase!

Pumaspeed (as well as many other), does remap that could pump the BHP to around 145. I was looking at them too, but afraid of messing up my warranty, so I think I'll stick to the 125 for now..

Ford do approve of certain suppliers doing the remap which wont void the warranty. Worth having a chat with Ford!

Ford do approve of certain suppliers doing the remap which wont void the warranty. Worth having a chat with Ford!

Hmm, interesting point. I might give them a call then.

Mountune is the only approved tuner, and that only applies to their MPxxx upgrades.

I believe there are no Mountune upgrades for the 1.0 Focus though...

As for mods, LED puddle lamps would be my recommendation:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/73233-alexp999s-mk35-focus-st-3-ecoboost/?p=535886

Mountune is the only approved tuner, and that only applies to their MPxxx upgrades.

I believe there are no Mountune upgrades for the 1.0 Focus though...

As for mods, LED puddle lamps would be my recommendation:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/73233-alexp999s-mk35-focus-st-3-ecoboost/?p=535886

Do you have puddle lamps as standard on yours ? For me i would need to cut holes for the led in bottom.of my wing mirror ?

Do you have puddle lamps as standard on yours ? For me i would need to cut holes for the led in bottom.of my wing mirror ?

It's an item in the Convenience Pack on the Zetec S trim, doesn't come as standard.

• Like 2

Ah ok, that explains it.

I thought all Foci (except maybe base model) had puddle lamps...

Scratch that then, lol.

I'd definitely get some LEDs for the interior and boot lamps though.

It's an item in the Convenience Pack on the Zetec S trim, doesn't come as standard.

Thought that was the case! Oh well haha!

The convenience pack was too expensive for me and not needed as im looking to get some alloys, white fifteen 52's on it , and the window tint was only £100 for back 3, so saved a few pennies, just dont have any puddle lamps like my old one!

Ah ok, that explains it.

I thought all Foci (except maybe base model) had puddle lamps...

Scratch that then, lol.

I'd definitely get some LEDs for the interior and boot lamps though.

What interior lights you are referring to that can be changed for LEDs? Mine doesn't have the ambient lighting, it's only for Titanium and STs, it's a shame as my Fiesta used to have it.

Ordered the boot LEDs though, good shout, thanks for that mate! Thinking about the puddle LEDs too, but feeling a bit scared in case i break something in there, based on your comments how hard it was to swap.

The overhead lights are halogen bulbs on the Zetec S, I was going to change mine before I chopped it in for my ST.

If you change the puddle lights like I did, you don't run the risk of breaking anything, it is just really fiddly as you don't have a lot of room to work with. More so getting the bulb in its holder, pulling the bung out and pushing it back in is easy.

I just didn't fancy trying to get the mirrors off to do it properly, lol.

Here we go, perfect vid for all of them :)

That's how I did my puddle lights.

• Like 1

Oh nice! Alright, I'll give it a go. Do you know which interior LED light works well? (I can search eBay too, but thought you already know which works) :).

Also was thinking swapping my reversing lights as someone linked it into another post: http://www.ebay.com/itm/371123457268?rmvSB=true.

• Like 1

I'd probably pop the light out and have a look at what is in there. Could well be the same as the boot lights.

Will do!

Have you revved the machine higher than 3000 yet? ;)

Will do!

Have you revved the machine higher than 3000 yet? ;)

Maybe....

Maybe....

Hahaha. I know the feeling, but I'm a free man now, rocking 1200miles in the clock. :)

Anyone got any info on whether you can get an av input into the touch screen, Or anyway to play videos ?

Don't think it is possible. You can't legally have a video playing device in view of the driver.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club