Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tom's Mk7.5 Panther Black Zetec S!

Tom-B64

So gave her a little christmas present over the holidays, a new sunstrip! Makes the front end look just a tad meaner I think, blocks the sun out nicely as well so pretty pleased with it considering it was £3, putting it on was a lot easier than I thought too! Washed and polished as well. :)

011EA9FC-E938-4D9A-BD99-FAF475FDC484_zps790E98CC-0C49-4D78-867F-B282D5207C9C_zpsB87449C1-FF7F-449D-A83B-8C9F27CA11D3_zps

Insurance renewal is coming up next month so mods may be on hold for a while :(

• 4 weeks later...

Some photo's I've took over the past few weeks :smile:

497cc1f5-f041-4cf5-8159-bfcf412160ff_zps

EEC34E5E-ADFF-468C-B88C-E1B047B292BE_zps

F87831BB-DF47-4A9A-A7DF-F495FE47E069_zps

• Like 2

On 06/02/2016 at 3:07 PM, seanfarquhar said:

Did you have to cut the sunstrip ?

Yea, it's really simple tho, spray the windscreen with loads of soapy water, put the sunstrip on, position it, cut it, squeegee the water out and then tuck the edges into the channels. There's loads of videos on the internet too :smile:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Cars booked in for a little something on the 11th! Gunna be a long 12 days to wait...

6 hours ago, Tom-B64 said:

Cars booked in for a little something on the 11th! Gunna be a long 12 days to wait...

12 days? Is it performance or visual?

11 hours ago, Maxxxykins said:

12 days? Is it performance or visual?

It's not really performance, some might say it is but not quite, and part of it is visual. It's more pleasing for something else though :tongue:

1 hour ago, Tom-B64 said:

It's not really performance, some might say it is but not quite, and part of it is visual. It's more pleasing for something else though :tongue:

Aha any more clues??

1 minute ago, Maxxxykins said:

Aha any more clues??

It's shiny and will probably annoy my neighbours :whistling1:

Sunstrip is very 90's boy racer style which you dont see a lot these days

Who knows maybe you will kick start the trend again 

cant wait to see the exhaust you are having done

On 31/03/2016 at 1:35 PM, 666Damian666 said:

Exhaust 

On 04/04/2016 at 9:00 AM, b4zz said:

cant wait to see the exhaust you are having done

Well I've had to move it back a week due to difficulties getting the time of work. Also should have something for the car turning up in the post today!

Car looks awesome pal. Have you considered LED H15s for the drls? Seen a couple of them knocking around on eBay for £50-60 but they may suck for main beam. Also, what's the best method for debadging?

shame about having to move the exhaust mod back a week but as they say good things come to those who wait. them l e d number plate lights are going to look good once fitted

59 minutes ago, jonny_sniper93 said:

Car looks awesome pal. Have you considered LED H15s for the drls? Seen a couple of them knocking around on ebay for £50-60 but they may suck for main beam. Also, what's the best method for debadging?

Thanks dude! Yea I accidentley ordered the H1's for some reason, but contacted the seller and he said H15's were out of stock anyway so going to wait for them to come back in.

My friend who works for Ford debadged mine for me, he used one of those prying tools and gradually kept pulling it off slowly whilst he was prying it off underneath. Probably not the best way but luckily it didn't leave any marks on the car and the badges didn't snap! I think you can heat it up and then use a cheese wire or fishing line to kinda slice it underneath so it cuts through the adhesive.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, b4zz said:

shame about having to move the exhaust mod back a week but as they say good things come to those who wait. them l e d number plate lights are going to look good once fitted

It's lucky I did move it back a week as they didn't have all the parts in stock this week anyway! 

Yea the LED units are awesome! I will get a photo up tonight :tongue:

46 minutes ago, Tom-B64 said:

Thanks dude! Yea I accidentley ordered the H1's for some reason, but contacted the seller and he said H15's were out of stock anyway so going to wait for them to come back in.

My friend who works for Ford debadged mine for me, he used one of those prying tools and gradually kept pulling it off slowly whilst he was prying it off underneath. Probably not the best way but luckily it didn't leave any marks on the car and the badges didn't snap! I think you can heat it up and then use a cheese wire or fishing line to kinda slice it underneath so it cuts through the adhesive.

Okay man cheers, I'll give that method a go, it's the one I've seen most of and hopefully it won't leave a mark! If it does then my car is going in for a chip on the bonnet so they could always fix it then haha.

I've never used Car Enhancements UK before but I just went on after seeing your picture, are these the sidelights you have?
http://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/product/501-side-light-upgrade or have you got cree ones, I know a lot of people like these ones because the LEDs don't break through heat.

1 minute ago, jonny_sniper93 said:

Okay man cheers, I'll give that method a go, it's the one I've seen most of and hopefully it won't leave a mark! If it does then my car is going in for a chip on the bonnet so they could always fix it then haha.

I've never used Car Enhancements UK before but I just went on after seeing your picture, are these the sidelights you have?
http://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/product/501-side-light-upgrade or have you got cree ones, I know a lot of people like these ones because the LEDs don't break through heat.

Yea you should be okay as long as you take it slow and be careful.

No they aren't the ones I have atm, but will be ordering some of them next. I have some of eBay that are awful, half of them don't work haha! I've got the reverse lights and LED units and they're so bright! Really good prices too. I've got the H7's dipped beam bulbs as well, the colour of the light is awesome, but the light output onto the road is a bit shocking! Almost quite scary at times when the roads wet and you can't see the puddles until the very last second... :mellow:

1 hour ago, Tom-B64 said:

Yea you should be okay as long as you take it slow and be careful.

No they aren't the ones I have atm, but will be ordering some of them next. I have some of eBay that are awful, half of them don't work haha! I've got the reverse lights and LED units and they're so bright! Really good prices too. I've got the H7's dipped beam bulbs as well, the colour of the light is awesome, but the light output onto the road is a bit shocking! Almost quite scary at times when the roads wet and you can't see the puddles until the very last second... :mellow:

I think I'm going to buy some of ceuk ones and some CREE ones and see which I prefer.

And yeah i can imagine they don't have great light output - they just thicken the blue film around the bulb I think. My H7 dipped are osram night breaker unlimited and they have great light output but the colour isn't great so I'm hoping the sidelights will take a bit of the yellow tinge away. Ideally I'd like some of the LED strip drl headlamp units you get on ST/Titanium (and all models now I believe) but they're expensive and aren't plug and play.

@jonny_sniper93 Yea I reckon the CEUK ones are pretty decent tbh. 

I was going to try those Night Breakers but didn't hear great reviews about the colour output of them, so went with the CEUK ones. Yea it's a shame about the LED DRL's, would really like them as well, I think it is possible to swap over thought, you have to get them coded to your car by Ford to be able to use them I believe. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club