Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.25 Style +

trebor11

Well i finally bit the bullet and got rid of my c max 1.6 tdci and down sized to the the fiesta style + 1.25 petrol.After all the trouble i had with the c max and the money i paid out on it, it had to go mainly because I got frightened to drive it in the end plus all the horror stories of DPF fails and turbo fails. It ran like a dead dog most of the time. anyway I picked up my style + plus today and after driving it home, immediately fell in love with it. Its so much fun. My question is do you really have to drive it that hard in 3rd and 4th gear because it seemed a little flat to me until you get up to 50mph+ and you then get a little bit of a surge. Is this normal ?

Which ps / bhp power output is your 1.25 ?

There are two - the more powerful version is 82 bhp / ps

The lesser output engine is a bit gutless - but both are well proven good engines

• Like 1

My Old 1.25 82 Zetec, Was quick off the mark, had plenty of power 3rd/4th gears was best gear, but the most power came when you hit 4k RPM onwards which is really easy to get up to in that car. For example if you're driving in second gear and take it up to 4k RPM you'd get a nice burst of power until you changed gear, burst would come again at 4k RPM in 3rd / 4th. Never had a problem with it myself

I,ve got the 80 bph version. Maybe its because I,ve been used to driving a car with a turbo on it for so long. It just seems a little flat In 3rd then when I change up a gear to 4th I get that surge of power up and past 40 to 50 mph. should I put a bit of redex in it perhaps?

I think it's because you are used to the torque of the diesel to be honest..

It was the same for me when I went back to petrol but after a week or so your driving style adapts and it will feel normal to you..

Stu

Sounds quite normal for a 16 valve engine. They need to be revved a bit to get the best out of them (I had the 1.4 previously which was much the same)

• Like 1

I changed from a 1.4 astra to a 100 ps ecoboost and i noticed this also, I get 40MPG at 2nd gear going at 30 and if i change it drops.

Just need to work out the best points for X speed and im sure will be the same for you :)

Sounds quite normal for a 16 valve engine. They need to be revved a bit to get the best out of them (I had the 1.4 previously which was much the same)

The 1.4 is a gutless, thirsty lump :(

I've had two both the same

• Like 1

Hi rob I have a c max diesel spent over 1,300 on it and I'm like you thinking off downsizing just wondering is the fiesta big enough for you I am 6 ' foot 2 and don't want to get one and say it's to small

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Hi John being 6 ft 2 i,d say the fiesta would be a little small for you sorry. I,m 5ft 10 and its a little cramped for me. Saying that its only me and my mrs and sometimes the grandaughter comes out in the car with us. I,d say this though its a far better ride in this than in the c max. I know the c max has got lots of room and its a brillient family car but the 1.6 tdci i,d recomend anyone to stay away from. I had so much trouble with it and i,ve had quite a few diesel cars but these modern diesel engines are so tempremental and can get so much wrong with them that i,m going to stay away from diesels in the future. Maybe you should look at a focus.

Previously owned a 5 door 1.4 Fiesta it didn't feel small but when a picture of me was taken sitting in the car I realised how small it was, and it was awful on petrol, have a 1.6 diesel now, would never go back to a petrol unless I could get one with the torque on the lower rev range you get from a diesel, I'm 6ft 4" and have quite a large build. the Fiesta was nippier and faster to 20MPH but my Focus rips up tarmac 20MPH + :D

• Like 1

Previously owned a 5 door 1.4 Fiesta it didn't feel small but when a picture of me was taken sitting in the car I realised how small it was, and it was awful on petrol, have a 1.6 diesel now, would never go back to a petrol unless I could get one with the torque on the lower rev range you get from a diesel, I'm 6ft 4" and have quite a large build. the Fiesta was nippier and faster to 20MPH but my Focus rips up tarmac 20MPH + :D

1.4 is thirsty as hell. Plenty of room in the 5 door! Just don't expect to fit anyone in the back if they have legs

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

1.4 is thirsty as hell. Plenty of room in the 5 door! Just don't expect to fit anyone in the back if they have legs

Yeah people who sat in the back had problems, I had my seat so far forward I was chewing the steering wheel and using my tongue as a portable fly catcher.

Yeah people who sat in the back had problems, I had my seat so far forward I was chewing the steering wheel and using my tongue as a portable fly catcher.

There's tonnes of room in the 5 door.

But once you get someone of a decent size in the front and seats get moved it begins to get silly

Thanks for the info good luck with your new car

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club