Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Is A Focus Hatch Ok To Tow A Bike Trailer

Michael9

It's a mk1 diesel and I'll be driving about 250 miles all in, it's a 650 trail bike, the trailer I think is about the same size or length as the car lol. I'm licensed ect I just don't want to attract plod I case it looks to big for the car pulling it.

I cannot see thy not if it a one bike trailer . ive trailered bikes with all sort of cars the smallest one was a fiesta and the bike was a 750 and as long as you strap it down right you will be o.k

I have a big box trailer that was built for some chaps Harley that I tow behind my 1.8 petrol (Mk2.5) without much bother. Never even so much as a sideways glance from plod (it does struggle going up and over the Pennines though lol)

So long as the car doesn't look strained (like your rear wheels rubbing the roof whilst the front looks like a WW2 Searchlight) then you should be fine bud

Thanks chaps I just thought I would ask though as I'm not in the the habit of doing it...as long as I keep going forward I will be fine, any reversing and I'm stuck :lol:

as long as you are not exceeding the vehicles maximum pull weight (vehicle and trailer with loads) then you should be fine.

The maximum braked towing weight of the Mk1/1.5 ( 1998 - 2004 ) Focus is 1200Kg.

Unbraked towing is not advised.

• Like 1

I thought that but wasn't sure, I don't know if it will and if it does I don't know it will work with the electrics on this as it's single socket.

I am - the joys of passing a car test in 1979 :)

I thought anyone could tow up to a certain weight...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I thought anyone could tow up to a certain weight...

Depends when you passed your test ;) can't remember the date though. Google it :)

Doesn't bother me much since I passed my HGV Class 1 25 odd years ago :)

• Like 1

I passed 8 years ago so think I have some more benefits

I passed moped in 1976 , motorcycle in 1977 & car in 1979 & am licenced for :

AM

A

A1

A2

B1

B

C1

D1

BE

C1E

D1E

f/k/l/n/p/q

The laws on towing trailers dependent on M.A.M. changed in January 2013 i.i.r.c.

I passed moped in 1976 , motorcycle in 1977 & car in 1979 & am licenced for :

AM

A

A1

A2

B1

B

C1

D1

BE

C1E

D1E

f/k/l/n/p/q

The laws on towing trailers dependent on M.A.M. changed in January 2103 i.i.r.c.

Should be safe then as the law isn't due to be changed for another 90 odd years... ;)

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club