Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Serves You Right...

jmurray01

For buying a Vauxhall!!

Instead of doing "fire drills", why not sell the car and buy something DECENT!?

If there was a known risk of my car going on fire I wouldn't put my children near it, fire drill or not.

Story here: http://www.itv.com/news/2015-11-12/almost-200-fires-caused-by-vauxhall-zafira-car-problems/

well if it goes up in flames it will keep you warm on cold days

well if it goes up in flames it will keep you warm on cold days

True! Now that the "issue" has gone on the news, the prices of used models will fall so much that I think they will be cheaper than firewood - plus you don't have to light them...

• Like 1

Surely it is the ECU becoming self aware, realising it is a Vauxhall, then spontaneously combusting from the shame?

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 4

Surely it is the ECU becoming self aware, realising it is a Vauxhall, then spontaneously combusting from the shame?

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

You've solved it!!

I think your right Ben! I think you nailed it!!!

Must admit, if anyone wanted a zafira as a cheap seven seater, this might be the right time to buy!

I think your right Ben! I think you nailed it!!!

Must admit, if anyone wanted a zafira as a cheap seven seater, this might be the right time to buy!

True, I'd rather pay more for ANYTHING though other than a V... Vaux... No, I can't say it.

• Like 3

I must admit if I was nothing short of desperate for a 7 seater, and I had two options... sell the mondeo and buy a 7 seater (which wouldnt be worth much or anything good), or, buy a cheapo zafira as a second car. I would go with the zafira.

I would use it on the odd weekend I had to get the pack out, I would take absolutely no care of it, I would collide with things, collide with idiots who drive dangerously (non of this swerving to protect my car malarkey!) I would let it get beat up, and I would watch it suffer slowly. Then, when it eventually starts to drive me insane I would happily see it go up in smoke. by that point, the price would inevitably be so low it would be almot disposable. cheaper to replace the car, than to replace its tyres.

In the meantime, I would drive Mindel everywhere Monday to Friday, I would wash her, and polish her, and feed her nice diesel, and maintain her, and protect her, invest her and love her. Then on the weekends, I would let her rest, whilst I rampage and destroy more vauxhall.

win win.

Though I would have to debadge the thing... I couldnt live with the shame of seeing what I am driving, knowing it would be bad enough, but knowing I can take solice in slowly and painfully killing it will make me happy.

• Like 2

maybe just maybe there self destructing so to hide any kind of ecu mod on the fuel economy being found out.synicle me never.

• Like 1

I must admit if I was nothing short of desperate for a 7 seater, and I had two options... sell the mondeo and buy a 7 seater (which wouldnt be worth much or anything good), or, buy a cheapo zafira as a second car. I would go with the zafira.

I would use it on the odd weekend I had to get the pack out, I would take absolutely no care of it, I would collide with things, collide with idiots who drive dangerously (non of this swerving to protect my car malarkey!) I would let it get beat up, and I would watch it suffer slowly. Then, when it eventually starts to drive me insane I would happily see it go up in smoke. by that point, the price would inevitably be so low it would be almot disposable. cheaper to replace the car, than to replace its tyres.

In the meantime, I would drive Mindel everywhere Monday to Friday, I would wash her, and polish her, and feed her nice diesel, and maintain her, and protect her, invest her and love her. Then on the weekends, I would let her rest, whilst I rampage and destroy more vauxhall.

win win.

Though I would have to debadge the thing... I couldnt live with the shame of seeing what I am driving, knowing it would be bad enough, but knowing I can take solice in slowly and painfully killing it will make me happy.

That's not a bad idea... I still couldn't have such a vehicle under my name, but a good idea nonetheless.

• Like 1

win win.

Actually, thinking about it, I could facilitate your happy win win - but with an Astra not a Zafira.

It's still occupying space on the drive :angry:

• Like 1

Actually, thinking about it, I could facilitate your happy win win - but with an Astra not a Zafira.

It's still occupying space on the drive :angry:

I hate to ask, but why do you own an Astra?

I hate to ask, but why do you own an Astra?

Well, 11 years ago, following a couple of monumental bad business decisions. :( And then some stupidity, thinking I could rectify the situation without employing lawyers, with led to a financial mess, both business-wise and personally :( It ultimately cost me everything I had. :(

I had to start all over again, with just £80, and not much else.

I acquired the Astra for free from a mate, who was going to scrap it. Among other things, it had dented jammed drivers doors from being T-boned. He said, "if you get into it: you have have it! :lol: At the time - not unlike the way it's going now, scrap steel was worthless; you had to pay to scrap it! I needed a car to start up it was either a free Astra or no car at all. He didn't want the 8 months Road Tax back either :)

One of the consequences, of losing everything. Is you that become reluctant to spend money. Within two years of restarting, I could have got rid of the Astra and got something decent. But I preferred to constantly re-invest in my new business and save to restore my savings, whilst putting up with an Astra.

Every February was/is it's 12 month service and MOT renewal, and each time I thought, should I just abandon it and get a better car, or shall I keep on the road for another year? Each time I took the latter, and deferred.

Vauxhalls and rust are great companions, between 12 months services, I was cutting out and welding in patch panels every three months, or so, it seemed. :o It became obvious this February, that whilst I could repair the body enough to get my MOT ticket: like I always do. I would have to SORN it at some point, to rebuild the entire lower rear body, from just pass the B-pillars; including the inner and outer sills.

Whilst I have a garage here, it's too full of stuff to get a car in, to work on. So, all my maintenance is done outside, on the drive. As you can imagine welding outside, is a tad awkward, I must expend more Argonshield to the atmosphere: than I actually use to shroud my weld :lol: even when constructing weld tents around the repair. The weather too can impact on repairs. So, it would be unlikely, I was going to able to it, in a say a weekend, it would have to be SORNed.

Obviously, if I was going to SORN it, I needed something else to use, whilst repairing the Astra.

It was this that led me to return to Ford, having had both Capris and Cortinas, which were enjoyable drives, with a timely purchase of my Mk2 Focus.

To be honest, although I would like the challenge of rebuilding the Astra: I've completely lost interest in doing so. I'd much more prefer spending time adding some desirable mods to the Focus.

LOL :lol: :lol: My local breakers website's instant quote values the Astra £27 collected

• Like 1

Well, that's a good reason for taking ownership of it to begin with, but I wouldn't have kept it as long as you did :lol:

When we were in a situation similar to yours in 2013 we bought the 2000 Focus for £290 with 3 weeks MOT and 170,000 miles on the clock. We had lost the house (and the Fiesta a few months prior) and needed a car to move to temporary accommodation. Kept her going until June this year but to put her through another MOT would have been like putting money down the drain as it wasn't getting any better (rust and general wear and tear).

Her engine (1.8 petrol w/ 190k) is now in another Focus and I'm not sure what became of the body, probably scrap.

• Like 2

If anyone could be forgiven for owning one I would say you can for that story.

You recover with just 80 pounds in your pocket is a fantastic recovery. Talk about rock bottom.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club