Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance Has Been Cancelled

WAZ91

So I come home to a letter saying my insurance has been cancelled! Worse it was done two weeks ago only 5 days into this company providing cover!!!

The company is Close BrotherS part of premium choice. And they cla in the letter I requested cancellation! After paying 80 quid I don't think I want to cancel!

I've seen several things online about this happeing. But just wanted some opinions.

Safe to say I'm going to go nuts on the phone tommorow.

Wow, glad you didn't have an accident things would of got stressful, hope you get this sorted :)

Rock and a hard place from what I read.

I either pay to keep policy going or I pay to cancel then have the record of a cancelled policy against me.

Having googled them - I hadn't heard of them. They seem to a sort of middleman between the actual insurer and a broker, it looks like your the victim of miscommunication between them and the actual insurer

It better be that but looking through some reviews a fair few have had this issue. I was with them 2 years ago and had no issue.

Depending on how old you're if it was me I'm 23 and would pay to keep the policy due to the hit I would take, but if you are over 25 then maybe it could be worth it.

24 so I kinda need to keep it but I'll be complaining either way.

Don't you get a mark against you for having a policy cancelled?

Not if you cancel it.

Only if the insurers cancel it due to you doing something which voids it.

Why was it cancelled?

• Like 1

I have no idea yet. They said I requested cancellation due to payment. But since setting policy up I haven't contacted them at all.

If you requested cancellation then there is no black mark so to speak, that I am aware of.

Only if the insurer cancels it.

Even if you didn't request it, that is how it will go down by the sounds of it.

You shouldn't be paying any cancellation fees if within 14 days of policy start.

I'm still going to be 80 quid down by the sounds of things.

Will find out at 9am sharpish.

Well, It appears i am still insured but the person who canceled my DD is not in til 13:30 so i have to wait to see why that was done, but otherwise the service i recived on the call was very good! the lady was very apologetic and said she will call me back about 2 but working in a call centre myself I know this will probably not happen :P :oops:

Cheers Clive, It is showing as insured like they said, Hoping they just cancelled the DD by mistake.

• Like 1

Well just got of the phone with them and it was a mistake thier end. They set up an account under one of thier subsiuries by mistake which is what they closed.

Phone service was top knotch cant fault them on that.

• Like 3

glad you got it sorted , did thy offer you some cash back for the problems thy cursed you

few years back hastings direct decided to cancel my policy for no reason whatsoever,after they took 3 mths payments out of my account suddenly there was a problem,found out about 2 mths later when the payments wernt being taken,apparently they reckoned they had sent out numerous letters,YEAH of course they did.they would continue the insurance if i paid for all of it straight away,funny that.

i will never ever use them again.caused me no end of problems.

Well, It appears i am still insured but the person who canceled my DD is not in til 13:30 so i have to wait to see why that was done, but otherwise the service i recived on the call was very good! the lady was very apologetic and said she will call me back about 2 but working in a call centre myself I know this will probably not happen :P :oops:

I'd have been raging - apology or not.

Yep, I love hearing the "leave it with me, I'll call you back" line because I know how often my colleagues use it to fob customers off. I am one of the few who actually do call people back though, a rare breed in call centres...

In any event, we are with Aviva and have had no complaints. Never even had to speak to anybody as it was all done online and changing vehicles took less than five minutes.

• Like 1

glad you got it sorted , did thy offer you some cash back for the problems thy cursed you

Didnt get any money or anything just an aopology, which i'm happy with TBH as i was insured the whole time.

I never got the call back so I rang them at 3ish and they confirmed it was just an error and DD was set up.

I'd have been raging - apology or not.

Yep, I love hearing the "leave it with me, I'll call you back" line because I know how often my colleagues use it to fob customers off. I am one of the few who actually do call people back though, a rare breed in call centres...

In any event, we are with Aviva and have had no complaints. Never even had to speak to anybody as it was all done online and changing vehicles took less than five minutes.

I always try and call people back, My customers are car salesmen usually chasing a 10K car they bought from us so i try not to pee them off

:P

Didnt get any money or anything just an aopology, which i'm happy with TBH as i was insured the whole time.

I never got the call back so I rang them at 3ish and they confirmed it was just an error and DD was set up.

I always try and call people back, My customers are car salesmen usually chasing a 10K car they bought from us so i try not to pee them off

:P

That wouldn't faze some of my colleagues, trust me.

• Like 2

Glad its all sorted. These things are frustrating!

• Like 1

Glad its all sorted. These things are frustrating!

Lets just wait till the end of the month to see if the new DD is actually in place :P

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club