Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mp215 Fitting Cost

b1g_dav3

Hey guys,

Just a quick one, how much does it tend to be to fit the MP215 kit at the dealers? Considering getting this done in the next few weeks.

Mountune says it takes an hour so I'd imagine about £70?

Thanks.

The thing I'd do Mae is to try and find a mountune induction kit for sale then you can get the map for around £360 then just pay for fitting on top so you'll probably save £200

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Dealers might be reluctant to supply just the map, they have to buy the whole kit from mountune. mountune HQ would but that's a trek from Lancashire.

The kit is always going to be £599, fitting is dealer dependant, I've seen quotes of £200 before which is ridiculous, how far are you from York? Stoneacre fit it for £599 and usually have kits in stock, some dealers tie a couple of weeks to get the kit,

Stoneacre also supply other mountune parts and gloss black plastics, triple r splitters etc if you like that sort of thing, their labour rate is lower for ST owners.

I'm about 60 miles from York, so not majorly far in all fairness - free installation would be tempting on that because it's an opportunity to visit York for the day really. Mountune HQ is indeed quite the trek :P

I'll ring my local dealer tomorrow but they've been 'finding out' for me for 2 weeks now -.-

Definitely wouldn't be paying £200 for a remap and fitting an airbox... the latter would take me literally 20 minutes at tops.

Well my dealer wants £150 for fitting... Not paying all that if I can avoid it.

That's way too much but not unusual, some dealers haven't done the upgrade much and tend to think it takes longer.

That price is only £50 less then the MT215 which is the DIY option via the handset, if that interests you it's usually cheaper during their December offers.

That was my thinking and I get the reader which is pretty highly rated too and has plenty of functions on it like guages and diagnostics. Tempting :P definitely going to wait and see as if it hits anywhere near £600 it's MINE :P

Gone ahead with the upgrade, it's booked in for the 10th. Good times lie ahead.

£97 fitting so can't complain too much after being quoted initially for £150.

Gone ahead with the upgrade, it's booked in for the 10th. Good times lie ahead.

£97 fitting so can't complain too much after being quoted initially for £150.

MT215 with handset is on offer today, £655

I'm going dealer route for the 215 and I've bought the 230 handset with the look to upgrade to the 230 totally reasonably soon... Probably January :P

Isn't that a waste of money getting the 215? If you go 230 next month.

Not with the discounts on parts with the sale, and I can't afford it all at once anyway so it works out a little more I suppose but not too much. In all with the discounts it'll be cheaper than going for a normal priced 230.

If you are going for the MR230 and buying parts bit by bit, I wouldn't bother with the MP215, the map is about £400 of that kit that could pay for the intercooler, and the £97 fitting cost could go towards fitting the MR parts.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club