Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A few questions

Reel105

Hey guys

Hope everyone is well. I've got three little questions here. I was going to go right to my dealer but this is an awesome resource for all things Fiesta so I thought I'd go here first.

1 - I added alloys on to my Fiesta but they don't seem to (unless they're very cleverly disguised) have any locking wheel nuts. Should these come as standard? I kind of hoped they would on any set of alloys.

2 - I can here a slight scraping sound on the steering wheel when it turns. Can only here it every now and again. Just wondering if anyone else shares this. Also, I should note that my exhaust seems really loud. I had a shimmy underneath and it looks fine (and actually kind of big for such a small car). Am I right in assuming that it's just a fairly noisy car?

3 - This is the biggie for me. One of the front windows on the drivers side (be it the windscreen, small front window or drivers window) is letting through a crazy draft noise. It's pretty constant and sometimes I can't even hear the radio over it. Passenger side is fine. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the window seals somewhere on this side. It's the same sort of noise you'd get if you opened your window a fraction. I've double-checked to make sure the window is fully closed. It seems to be coming more from the front of the windows, rather than the top anyway. I'm hoping this is a genuine fault because I really don't want to keep driving with this. I know it doesn't sound like much but it's really driving me crazy (no pun intended).

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Ian

Hey guys

Hope everyone is well. I've got three little questions here. I was going to go right to my dealer but this is an awesome resource for all things Fiesta so I thought I'd go here first.

1 - I added alloys on to my Fiesta but they don't seem to (unless they're very cleverly disguised) have any locking wheel nuts. Should these come as standard? I kind of hoped they would on any set of alloys.

2 - I can here a slight scraping sound on the steering wheel when it turns. Can only here it every now and again. Just wondering if anyone else shares this. Also, I should note that my exhaust seems really loud. I had a shimmy underneath and it looks fine (and actually kind of big for such a small car). Am I right in assuming that it's just a fairly noisy car?

3 - This is the biggie for me. One of the front windows on the drivers side (be it the windscreen, small front window or drivers window) is letting through a crazy draft noise. It's pretty constant and sometimes I can't even hear the radio over it. Passenger side is fine. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the window seals somewhere on this side. It's the same sort of noise you'd get if you opened your window a fraction. I've double-checked to make sure the window is fully closed. It seems to be coming more from the front of the windows, rather than the top anyway. I'm hoping this is a genuine fault because I really don't want to keep driving with this. I know it doesn't sound like much but it's really driving me crazy (no pun intended).

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Ian

Hi I have the 17" alloys fitted and yes they came with locking wheel nuts.

As for the steering no problems or scraping sounds to be herd

And as for the exhaust nice and quiet there as well.

No drafts or wind coming from any windows. in fact I cant get over how quiet my car is!

When at a standstill the engine noise is whisper quiet, also no the move the car is very quiet.

Ive had my car coming up to a week now and have none of the problems you seem to have, I think you should take a trip to your dealers. hope this helps

I agree, I got a locking wheel nut key in a little plastic bag in the glove box, so thats the indication you have locking wheel nuts - wihtout even having to look (well as long as they did fit them lol), no scrapping noise on steering and definately no windy sound from windows - my exhause is loud - very loud but I paid extra for that lol

I agree, I got a locking wheel nut key in a little plastic bag in the glove box, so thats the indication you have locking wheel nuts - wihtout even having to look (well as long as they did fit them lol), no scrapping noise on steering and definately no windy sound from windows - my exhause is loud - very loud but I paid extra for that lol

so did i and i now drive with window half down most of the time as it sounds awesome in my opinion..

Sounds like my old car... that I traded in because I had crashed it, even thou It was repaired.

I would def take that back mate!

Locking wheelnuts aren't supplied with the upgrade alloy wheels on a couple of the models (maybe Studio and Style or something like that) so it could be that your car wasn't intended to have any...will depend on the spec level.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't phone up the dealer and say, I have alloys - WHERE'S MY LOCKING WHEELNUTS!

Probably unlikely with your car, being newer than mine, but it might be a good idea to get the exhaust looked at, or even just get the emissions checked... The muffler has packed in on mine and the fibre glass has come out, so I'm getting the back box replaced on Monday, at the moment my car is being consideribly louder than before.....

On the subject of locking wheel-nuts - I'd also check your insurance policy. If they get stolen without lockers on a lot of times you'll find you ain't covered for it!

And that's bad news for alloy wheel fans!

Chris...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club