Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New car, few probs

Sacriel

Hi Peeps,

I just got a Tango red (name doesnt do it justice) Titanium 1.4 and i have a few questions im struggling to find answers to, hope someone here can help.

iPhone connection to the car seems to fetch the music list etc but i hear no audio - i understand i have to get a special connection for it - anyone know the name or who sells them?

and this is the weird one, not sure if this is a problem or just weird design

music from radio/usb comes through all Speakers, but if i press the voice-command button the 'enter command' voice comes out of the rear leftseat speaker, also if i take a call over bluetooth the person on the other end comes out of that speaker

can i choose a speaker or does my car sound broke? surely they didnt design it that way?

cheers,

Chris

iphone connection to the car seems to fetch the music list etc but i hear no audio - i understand i have to get a special connection for it - anyone know the name or who sells them?

Look in the main list of threads (in the Sticky's) and there's one about the Ford Y Cable. That'll do the job, but it's 20 quid. You might find one cheaper, but I can't say I've looked. Failing that, I'm assuming you have the USB part connected, you could always just buy a simple audio cable to plug into the headphone socket on your iPhone and then into the headphone socket in the car - I haven't tried this but I see no reason why it wouldn't work!

and this is the weird one, not sure if this is a problem or just weird design

music from radio/usb comes through all speakers, but if i press the voice-command button the 'enter command' voice comes out of the rear leftseat speaker, also if i take a call over bluetooth the person on the other end comes out of that speaker

can i choose a speaker or does my car sound broke? surely they didnt design it that way?

I can't help you on this one, my audio from calls and the voice appear to come from all Speakers.

anyone else got any ideas?

bluetooth calls and voice-recognition only coming out of rear Speakers, but usb/radio music comes from all 6

is this covered under warrenty, could i take it in for them to look at - if so am i looking at much time away from my car?

cheers,

Chris

anyone else got any ideas?

bluetooth calls and voice-recognition only coming out of rear speakers, but usb/radio music comes from all 6

is this covered under warrenty, could i take it in for them to look at - if so am i looking at much time away from my car?

cheers,

Chris

You can get the Y cable from here: £19.99 plus 99p P&P

Ford Genuine Parts

Without trying it out, I think all the different radio options (Radio, CD, USB, Phone) can have different settings for bass and balance etc.

Try making a call to a friend explaining what you are doing, while in the call (parked not driving for safety!!) press the button to adjust the balance etc - above the '3'.

I'm guessing your head unit has been set to the wrong speaker set up.

Balance is left and right, Fade is front to back.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club