Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blower Motor Stopped Working Leading To Baaaaaad Condensation (And Cold Hands)

Jay01105

Afternoon,

Ford fiesta 1.4 tdci (59)

Blowers have gradually slowed day after day until they stopped working all together the other day on every setting.

Having read a few similar posts, thought it could be the heater resistor. Changed that, nothing happened.

Read another that it could be the pollen filter, changed that, nothing happened.

Come to the conclusion that the blower motor is knackered and needs changing. I can get one from the scrappy, Only problem is I cannot for the life of me find out where the bugger is!

YouTube - nothing

Blueprint guides - nothing

Need to try and get it done because it's !Removed! cold! And it's getting to the stage where the condensation is so bad the inside of frozen as well as the outside.

Cheers!

I've just had to remove my blower motor to oil/service it as if kept blowing the resistor pack.

When I removed it it was difficult to turn by hand!

Remove the Glove box & Look up whilst in the passenger footwell. On the side closest the centre of the car you'll see a plastic airflow tube held in place with 1 torq screw. Undo this screw (it's very awkward) and remove the airflow tube.

Undo the 2x 10mm bolts holding the fusebox In place and move it out of the way.

Now you've moved the airtube out of the way, look at the area you've just uncovered. you'll see a shiny plastic cover, OR

If you have air recirculation, turn on the ignition and turn recirculation on. You'll see the flap move and this will show you the part to remove.

Remove the 5/6 Torq screws and remove the cover/recirculation flap.

In front of you will be what's left of the blower motor. Good luck removing it. Its a nightmare

Any questions just ask. I didn't take any pictures as I was sick to death after spending an hour cutting off/drilling the first screw! Haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club