Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing Lights, Focus 18 Diesel Ghia,

Ash666

The outcome & cause will be of benefit for the future . . . Keep us posted :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Did you find the problem Ash, I have all the symptoms you had, bulbs work, bulbs work in holders at another 12v source, 10-11v going to reverse light connector when selecting reverse. Still no lit bulb, but i also have the issue of the parking sensors working when the bulb is removed but are dead with the bulb fitted.

Have also spliced the ground wire going to the reverse light connector and grounded it to the chassis, still nothing.

Can anybody shed any light on this? Thanks.

13 hours ago, RSpilla said:

10-11v going to reverse light connector when selecting reverse. Still no lit bulb, but i also have the issue of the parking sensors working when the bulb is removed but are dead with the bulb fitted.

Sounds like a bad contact in the gearbox reverse switch. Like It has high resistance, but reads on a meter (a bit low), or enough to trigger the park aid, but not well enough to operate a bulb.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2016 at 2:26 AM, Tdci-Peter said:

Sounds like a bad contact in the gearbox reverse switch. Like It has high resistance, but reads on a meter (a bit low), or enough to trigger the park aid, but not well enough to operate a bulb.

Found somebody had cut the reverse light wiring where it meets the o2 sensor loom and the connectors they used to join them up had corroded. All fixed now. Light and sensor working great. Thanks for the help. Nick.

• Like 1