Do Not Sell My Personal Information

insurance

tetra

insur.jpg

jeeze did you pay that?

seems with me i would be paying the same amount no matter how old the car was so i thought i might as well get a new one for my first one!

jeeze did you pay that?

seems with me i would be paying the same amount no matter how old the car was so i thought i might as well get a new one for my first one!

!Removed! hell no, i refuse to spend that much on anything!

mine will cost around £1800

Got mine on a 1.4 Titanium, for 900 quid from admiral, covering me and my fiancee, who's still learning, we're both 21. Before I bought the new car they were cheapest on virtually every single car I tried.

I pay about £300 with Tesco, won't be using them again though they charged me £25 admin charge to alter my policy!

Got mine on a 1.4 Titanium, for 900 quid from admiral, covering me and my fiancee, who's still learning, we're both 21. Before I bought the new car they were cheapest on virtually every single car I tried.

I bet you be taking her off when she passes lol it goes up a lot once you come off a provisional to a full liccence.

I pay £32 a month for mine with Max added as a named driver and thats with the mountune fit added.

Im paying £2000 with a £700 excess and thats with me having passed my IAM test! The diesel would have been less to insure but more expensive to buy!

I can't beat the quotes here for how big an amount it is, but I can probably beat them in terms of ratio to what was being insured...

My small 50cc motorbike, which cost me £820, insurance was £4032 fully comp :huh: . Nearly 5 times what it was worth.

Fortunatly, the Fiesta will only cost me a mere £700. Might be even less if the insurers accept 'named driver' no claims :) .

Should see what Sky insurance on here can do.

They offer discounts for FOC members

Im paying £2000 with a £700 excess and thats with me having passed my IAM test! The diesel would have been less to insure but more expensive to buy!

my lord thats alot =[

mines abount 350 fully comp

Mines £180 per year fully comp with £120 excess,£60 glass excess .........Zurich

thats with me only driving and the car garaged at night

I was only paying £235 for my 2ltr mondy,with the same conditions as above

how old are you then? or have you claimed or something?

I dont understand how some peoples insurance is so high?!?!

I've just turned 20, with one years no claims and my insurance on my Mk7 Zetec S is just over £700 a year, and when I first started to drive (learning/newly passed) my insurance on my Mini was only 1000!

im paying £440 for mine

i have got 3 years no claims though and 21

i paid a silly amount on my last car (modified 206) - £1670

im paying £440 for mine

Mine would have been similar to this, but I had to claim last year as my old car got broken into- they left the sat nav, and took about 10 CDs instead, so probably worth about 20 quid, but the managed to rack up over a Grand's worth of damage!

im paying £440 for mine

see i think its cos i have only held my licence three months, so have no no claims bonus & im 20.

£14k car is a bit of a risk for them! and what ever i can take out at the same time!

see i think its cos i have only held my licence three months, so have no no claims bonus & im 20.

£14k car is a bit of a risk for them! and what ever i can take out at the same time!

I don't think the value of the car has as much of an influence on the insurance as people think (to a certain limit obviously). Mine actually went down when I bought a car double the value of the previous one. It mostly depends on insurance group and engine size. It's not so much what car you'll crash, but what you could crash into. If you insure yourself fully comp on a £50 beat up old mini, you could still rear end a lambo, destroy public property or crash into someones house for example!

I don't think the value of the car has as much of an influence on the insurance as people think (to a certain limit obviously). Mine actually went down when I bought a car double the value of the previous one. It mostly depends on insurance group and engine size. It's not so much what car you'll crash, but what you could crash into. If you insure yourself fully comp on a £50 beat up old mini, you could still rear end a lambo, destroy public property or crash into someones house for example!

Agreed - my old zetec s ('51 plate) worth about a grand tops, was more to insure than the 1.4 Titanium, my insurance company actually gave me a £115 refund when I switched cars :D :D

jesus 2Grand is alot. Sorted my insurance out yesterday for my new Zetec S

Im 22 (2days ago) with 3 points and a wrote my car off in April, my fault and claimed so no years no claims. I was dreading the worse and yes i got ridicullous quotes lowest being £1400 from ford themselves. until Admiral shown up, £900!!

then i went on the phone asked if it was cheaper if my mother was a named driver. dropped it £200!!! shocked.

so 700 is cool.

but 2grand is too much!!!!

jesus 2Grand is alot. Sorted my insurance out yesterday for my new Zetec S

Im 22 (2days ago) with 3 points and a wrote my car off in April, my fault and claimed so no years no claims. I was dreading the worse and yes i got ridicullous quotes lowest being £1400 from ford themselves. until Admiral shown up, £900!!

then i went on the phone asked if it was cheaper if my mother was a named driver. dropped it £200!!! shocked.

so 700 is cool.

but 2grand is too much!!!!

The way Elephant and Admiral (same parent company) calculate their premiums, adding any female driver as a named driver only tends to lower your premium - more so if they are a direct relative and have a decent driving record in their own right.

My first year in my 1.25 Fiesta ('98).....which is 5 years ago now.......was £900 after adding my mum, £1200+ before hand.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club