Do Not Sell My Personal Information

digital aircon controls help

tony1210

hi hope someone can help and maybe save me some money, i have a 03 1.8tdci ghia, i seem to have a intermitent fault with my digital heater control, sometimes when i use the car the digital controls dont work, the display is blank and the buttons do nothing, but the heater fan is blowing on full , with no way of turning it down or off , the next time i use the car everything is fine? its seems pot luck if it works or not. ive checked the fuses and fiddled with the relays but still got the problem , could i be looking at a new aircon heater digital display unit? or am i missing something obvious? ive had the unit out but could find no loose wires or loose connections. i would be gratefull for any help or advice....thanks

sounds like the circuit board is faulty..could be a dry joint... if you have to replace it then i suggest taking it out then trying to open up where the connections are and giving a a good going over with a contact cleaner from Maplins.

May i ask does the weather affect it? when its hot it works or vice versa?

sounds like the circuit board is faulty..could be a dry joint... if you have to replace it then i suggest taking it out then trying to open up where the connections are and giving a a good going over with a contact cleaner from Maplins.

May i ask does the weather affect it? when its hot it works or vice versa?

no the weathers not affecting it , it seems to have a mind of its own, when it works it stays on , even over bumps ,but when i turn the engine off and come back to start the car the blowers are on full but the ac control unit is dead even the heated screen buttons do nothing, i have bought a secondhand unit of eBay hopefully this will cure it or ive just wasted forty quid, fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...

nice one tony.. glad to see you have it sorted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club