Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"engine Malfunction" Message

nick-di

Hello everyone!

I have bought a ford focus 8/2008 (1600cc, SIDA motor) since this October and I am generally satisfied.

But... there is a but .... In the last 10 days I have been facing the following problem:

It happened three times that I tried to start the engine and I got an error message on the display "Engine malfunction" and the engine was not starting. Along with the error message there was also a sound warning. After several times that I opened/closed the key switch, I no longer saw that message and the engine started.

This message also appeared once when i was on the road, followed by a second message "acceleration reduced". It was like it went to "safe mode".

I tried also with the second key without any luck. It seems that it is not an immobilizer issue.

I went to a car mechanic and during diagnostic check I got these errors:

u0001 - High Speed ​​CAN Communication Bus

u0155 - Lost communication with instrument panel

p1260 - Theft detected, vehicle immobilised

Mechanic said that he needs to investigate it further.

Do you have any ideas guys? Did these messages appeared to anyone of you ?

Most of the forums say that it may be the instrumental cluster but i want to be sure before i change it.

PS: When i bought the car (This October) I put a new battery. I dont know if the error messages are related to this fact.

Thanks,

Nick

Sigma engine its doubtfull its a cluster issue the problems clearly with the key transponder or the ignition ring wont be a battery issue either as he said more investigation required

Had exacty the same, ended up being the connector on instrument cluster poor contacts, cleaned up with contact cleaner and solved that vehicle, but will need investigating properly before replacing anything

I just uploaded a video from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAqINxBPPAI

When I press with my thumb the instrumental panel some messages appeared/disappeared and different warning lights are indicated. So I assume that my problem is similar to yours and has to do with the instrumental panel

Just cleaned up with contact cleaner would be enough or it is better to replace it ?

Does anyone know how much does such an instrumental panel cost ?

I would say that is pretty conclusive evidence of a cluster fault. Soldering to fix it or replacement is the only option but replacement requires software to do so.

Never heard of a cluster causing a limp mode but must be of its that bad

You can fit a 2nd hand cluster but again needs programming

so even if I find the same type of instrumental panel from the same model, it is not just plug&play? is it expensive service for the programming part ?

Nope it not plug and play. You can buy a modified ELM 327 cable and use Elmconfig to backup your cluster details and write it to the replacement one. You can also write the mileage up but not down so need kne with lower mileage than your car has done ideally.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club