Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Show Us Your Mk3.5!

roper993

5 hours ago, Bannko said:

Was surprised too when i asked my dealer. A funny thing is, that the not-painted skirts from Zetec-S (which are basically the same) costs approx. 170 Pounds each. 

Btw the eibach lowering springs costs about 110Pounds that is not expansive, or?

And the Kuga wheels look sick, too bad that  in my country the roads are in so bed condition to drive 19" on daily basis.

The Eibach springs for the uk Estate are around £220.

On 10/02/2017 at 3:27 PM, midnighttd said:

Couldnt believe the price from ford pre painted so got them ordered.

How easy was it to install them? How do you do it?

8 hours ago, suddste said:

How easy was it to install them? How do you do it?

Unclip the original skirts. Can either use exosting clips or ise new ones that come with the skirts. Took 10mins each side. 

The front clip on the sill jas to come off as the st one is different shape. It still fits onto no st though

All you really need to do is look at how you pop them off and then opposite for sticking back on

22 minutes ago, midnighttd said:

Unclip the original skirts. Can either use exosting clips or ise new ones that come with the skirts. Took 10mins each side. 

The front clip on the sill jas to come off as the st one is different shape. It still fits onto no st though

All you really need to do is look at how you pop them off and then opposite for sticking back on

Thanks, was yours £165 for both sides? I agree it looks much better than the plastic!

17 hours ago, midnighttd said:

The Eibach springs for the uk Estate are around £220.

This ine is for estate MK3.5 estate: eibach E10-35-023-03-22 ...you will find it on eBay much cheaper then by dealer.

1 hour ago, suddste said:

Thanks, was yours £165 for both sides? I agree it looks much better than the plastic!

£165.58 to be exact for both skirts pre painted.

Got the front spiltter re painted as it was scrapes from the eBay seller.

20170218_113525.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bannko said:

This ine is for estate MK3.5 estate: eibach E10-35-023-03-22 ...you will find it on Ebay much cheaper then by dealer.

Doesnt actually say mk3.5 and there is no mention of the 1.5tdci on any of the listings.

According to Eibach site thats not the springs for mine.

E10-35-023-10-22 is whats listed

1 hour ago, midnighttd said:

£165.58 to be exact for both skirts pre painted.

Where did you buy these? I'm only seeing £165 for just one side! 

31 minutes ago, suddste said:

Where did you buy these? I'm only seeing £165 for just one side! 

Peoples Ford Livingston.

I tried finding then online but just went into dealer in the end.20170211_201524.jpg20170211_201402.jpg20170211_201502.jpg

Here is a picture of receipt and part numbers. Remember this is for frozen white skirts though.

20170218_141922.jpg

On 17/02/2017 at 1:41 PM, avi said:

Just curious why do some models have these "additions" to the rear spoiler ?

focus back_LI (2).jpg

I will answer cause it's mine, hehe. Those are for aerodynamics, so they say. Many cars have them now. Not sure if other trims get them. I will check Wednesday when I will be at the dealership to see if a lower trim has it.

1 hour ago, B0D0 said:

I will answer cause it's mine, hehe. Those are for aerodynamics, so they say. Many cars have them now. Not sure if other trims get them. I will check Wednesday when I will be at the dealership to see if a lower trim has it.

Yea aerodynamics would make sense.

Just wondered why it's only on some variants and not other.  A Ti X 1.5 diesel manual appears to have it but not the powershift version. Petrol Ti X and 2.0 diesel also doesn't.

Only thing I can think of is to help scrape the emission level to just below the 100 g/km level.

10 hours ago, midnighttd said:

Here is a picture of receipt and part numbers. Remember this is for frozen white skirts though.

20170218_141922.jpg

Nice, thanks for the info, the places i've found are selling them £165 for one side unpainted!

20 hours ago, avi said:

Yea aerodynamics would make sense.

Just wondered why it's only on some variants and not other.  A Ti X 1.5 diesel manual appears to have it but not the powershift version. Petrol Ti X and 2.0 diesel also doesn't.

Only thing I can think of is to help scrape the emission level to just below the 100 g/km level.

To be honest all this crap ir's a bit shady to me. Some models and depending of the country, get some emissions cutting stuff and others don't.  Mine is 105 g/km and I don't get Auto Start/Stop for example and neither active grille shutter but of course i get that thing on the rear wing because they think it's enough.

23 hours ago, B0D0 said:

my mate has just got a 65 plate focus zetec 1.5 tdci and his car on them the rear spoiler, i`m sure there only on the basic zetec models for some reason.

also spotted them on a 64 plate nissan qashqai today. may just be another sales gimmick like why do some cars have rear tinted privacy glass and others don`t lol :blink:

3 hours ago, andypsp said:

my mate has just got a 65 plate focus zetec 1.5 tdci and his car on them the rear spoiler, i`m sure there only on the basic zetec models for some reason.

also spotted them on a 64 plate nissan qashqai today. may just be another sales gimmick like why do some cars have rear tinted privacy glass and others don`t lol :blink:

No they're on new UK 1.5 120 TDCI Titanium and Titanium X manual variants as well.  At some point mid 2016 and shown in the Ford UK price list dated 19/9/2016 the emission level of 1.5 120 TDCI was increased from 98 to 99 g/Km which was apparently due to the Active Grill Shutter being dropped. Those models may also get worse real world MPG due to the removal of the AGS but Ford hopes no one will notice.  

4 hours ago, B0D0 said:

To be honest all this crap ir's a bit shady to me. Some models and depending of the country, get some emissions cutting stuff and others don't.  Mine is 105 g/km and I don't get Auto Start/Stop for example and neither active grille shutter but of course i get that thing on the rear wing because they think it's enough.

Yes much of it is crap to achieve artificial test levels against a specification that doesn't reflect what he car does in reality.  The UK 1.5 120 TDCi manual also get the wing things as well as stop/start but the AGS has been dropped with an impact on emission of 1 g/Km according to Ford.

Different counties include or exclude bits. The 1.5 TDCi 120 Ti/Ti x in Spain gets rear disc brakes whilst the UK gets drums but the UK include active city braking, stop/start, heated seats(Tix) and washers/mirrors which I don't think are standard in Spanish models.

13 hours ago, andypsp said:

Mine is a Titanium for Spanish market. Over here only the Titanium gets those fins. Lower trim doesn't. Tinted windows on some cars and trims are optional. Here Titanium gets them as standard and on a lower trim they are 200 €. 

9 hours ago, avi said:

Yes much of it is crap to achieve artificial test levels against a specification that doesn't reflect what he car does in reality.  The UK 1.5 120 TDCi manual also get the wing things as well as stop/start but the AGS has been dropped with an impact on emission of 1 g/Km according to Ford.

Different counties include or exclude bits. The 1.5 TDCi 120 Ti/Ti x in Spain gets rear disc brakes whilst the UK gets drums but the UK include active city braking, stop/start, heated seats(Tix) and washers/mirrors which I don't think are standard in Spanish models.

In Spain Titanium is max no TiX.

All Focuses come with rear disc brakes here no matter what trim.

Active city braking I would have liked to have but it's a 300€ option on it's own or 400€ as part of a package (Active Vision Package/ Driver Assistance Pack in the UK). 

Stop/Start is 250€, heated seats are with winter package 450€, but I don't need them because were I live it's not that cold (SE of Spain) plus it comes with that heated windscreen   which is a no no for me. 

Foldable mirrors are optional too and are part of the city + package 450€  and they include puddle lights which Ford doesn't say you get.

Over here you don't even get daytime running  LED lights as standard. 

What I did, I've bought a big package for the Titanium (1950€) and it has almost all I need and job done. Plus I got it for free kind of.

10 hours ago, avi said:

No they're on new UK 1.5 120 TDCI Titanium and Titanium X manual variants as well.  At some point mid 2016 and shown in the Ford UK price list dated 19/9/2016 the emission level of 1.5 120 TDCI was increased from 98 to 99 g/Km which was apparently due to the Active Grill Shutter being dropped. Those models may also get worse real world MPG due to the removal of the AGS but Ford hopes no one will notice.  

MPG after 2 tanks of V-power diesel went up/ dropped a bit. From 46 to 48 mpg/6.1 to 5.9 l/100 km. And i feel it will not get much better. That's from full to empty to full at the pump, real mpg and never looking for a eco driving to get the highest mpg. Just  normal driving.

14 minutes ago, B0D0 said:

Over here you don't even get daytime running  LED lights as standard. 

I like the DTRL on the Bi Xenon lights which are different to non BX. The Ti X just adds more toys that can't be purchased as an option here in the UK such as multi colour ambient LED lighting (I like the light blue colour :blush:).   

The only bits I added to the Ti X is leather and a pack for privacy glass and 18" wheels. I considered the stereo upgrade but in the UK that means losing boot space because the floor is raised by a few inches to accommodate a sub woofer. 

Re MPG my 2016 1.5 120 TDCi was averaging 56MPG real world with mixed driving over 9k miles.

26 minutes ago, avi said:

I like the DTRL on the Bi Xenon lights which are different to non BX. The Ti X just adds more toys that can't be purchased as an option here in the UK such as multi colour ambient LED lighting (I like the light blue colour :blush:).   

The only bits I added to the Ti X is leather and a pack for privacy glass and 18" wheels. I considered the stereo upgrade but in the UK that means losing boot space because the floor is raised by a few inches to accommodate a sub woofer. 

I like having DTRL but on the Fiesta they look much nicer. Here the DTRL are the same for the cars with or without BX. On mine what I don't have is  the auto high beam 

The colours are 100 € for the Ti but I am happy I didn't order them. The leds are not very bright. Again in the Fiesta they were much better. I hate I don't have them in the cupholders. 

The subwoofer in the boot sucks. I have the mini spare and the boot is a bit smaller. about 3-4 cm less space in height  and there is a tray that is useless. For us is still ok the boot. And don't think the stereo upgrade it's a big upgrade. I have the 9 speaker system which I think you will get too  and I am not very impressed with that either. Too flat for my taste but it will do. I can't drive with loud music anyway.

The privacy glass I like a lot. No more getting blind because of idiots with blue headlights or the very bright ones. With the 18'' wheels I had a bad experience in the uk because i managed to curb one on a Focus Zetec rent car. Boy did it hurt. I like taking care of cars, it doesn't matter if they are mine, borrowed or rental cars. Good job I had full insurance.

Are you still getting the car? This Wednesday I have dealers appointment and I will ask them loads of stuff. I will write soon the answers.

P.S. Sorry I have hijacked the post and went off topic. 

DSC_3276.JPG

DSC_0766.JPG

It's a diesel by the way.

Changed wheels to 18 inch, the 19's a little too harsh ride 18's much better.

Keep tripping over the 19's & tyres in the garage, must do something about that soon.

Fitted a second rear fog lamp, decent reverse light bulbs and a set of mud flaps. The flaps are quite shiny, that's the reflection of the tarmac you can see.

The mud flaps came from:

http://www.performancecreations.co.uk/rallyflapz-to-fit-ford-focus-mk3-st-2015-face-lift-black-1434-p.asp

Reverse light bulbs from :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0185BZS5M/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

Near side rear fog light is for the left hand drive version from local Ford dealer.

Surprisingly in stock in UK from Ford. Fog lamp came with bulb and bulb holder & cost £27.50

S-T 2 side 1.jpg

OSF Flap.JPG

OSR Flap.JPG

OSR quarter.JPG

Rear2.JPG

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club