2016 holiday snapshots..

Patiently waiting to get onto the overnight ferry from Hull

IMG_2517.JPG

Next night after taking full advantage of the German autobahn system  :smile:

IMG_2607.JPG

IMG_2608.JPG

IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

First wee break in Italy (other half pretending to read the map - we all know ladies can't and the SatNav performed flawlessly anyway)

IMG_2787.JPG

At Rome the Focus made a little friend...

IMG_3000.JPG

Nice Italian coffee stop

IMG_3121.JPG

but the kerb was higher than it looked!

IMG_3116.JPG

Lower Swiss kerb

IMG_3123.JPG

Sitting patiently for the ferry back home.

IMG_3132.JPG

2017 trips already booked.

IMG_2423.jpg

Great photos :wink: and  nice looking car mate.

25 minutes ago, midnighttd said:

Back bumper done

2017-02-24 17.58.40.jpg

It looks nice.

On 23/02/2017 at 10:41 AM, B0D0 said:

And I think they don't really care anymore because they are going to launch the mk4 next year so they are cutting from the mk3.5 model. Like for example the ***** second light from the boot. They were baffled by the missing light. "Bring the car and we will dismantle the boot to see if the cables are there".... yeah right, no thx.

Think you are right.

Initial observation after picking up a 2017 1.5 TDCI Ti X is Ford has attempting to save money my taking out things compared to my 2016 version of the same car,  Like you boot light reduced to one light, stereo sounds awful even compared to the 2016 version and lacks DSP feature, changes to dash info graphics i.e. no car graphic showing car status, changes to climate controls i.e. no voice/touch, no Actice Shutter Grille etc, physical ambient light controls switches gone.  

Some of these are small details that made a difference to some people and I'm bit disappointed and wish I had kept the 2016 version now. Looks like we'll keep a little while then swap for something else but it's put me off Ford.

35 minutes ago, avi said:

changes to dash info graphics i.e. no car graphic showing car status,physical ambient light controls switches gone.  

Glad to hear that you've got the car.

Not so glad about you not being completely happy with it.

Some little things are very annoying but all you can do is to learn to live with them or to concentrate in other/better things.

Yes, the stereo sounds rubbish, I hate it. The Fiesta had a better sound and even that I didn't like.

Explain pls what you said about the ambient light controls and the graphic car status.

If you are talking about the car display in the dash, that shows when the lights are on and so on, you have to look in the settings to activate it.

When the satnav is on the car will disappear and it's replaced by the satnav turns.

How do you change the light colour on the ambient light if there isn't a  switch?

Keep an eye on the dpf regen. On mine the fan is on quite often.

Curious to see your mpg.

How do the brakes feel? Mine were a bit spongy, now they are a bit better.

Show us some photos.

Enjoy your new car!

10 hours ago, B0D0 said:

Explain pls what you said about the ambient light controls and the graphic car status.

If you are talking about the car display in the dash, that shows when the lights are on and so on, you have to look in the settings to activate it.

When the satnav is on the car will disappear and it's replaced by the satnav turns.

How do you change the light colour on the ambient light if there isn't a  switch?

Keep an eye on the dpf regen. On mine the fan is on quite often.

Curious to see your mpg.

How do the brakes feel? Mine were a bit spongy, now they are a bit better.

In my 2016 version the ambient light was set with a push switch and rheostat in the overhead console near the sunglasses holder.  Now it's done via the touch screen only buried in a setting menu. 

Re the graphic car status I was being dense and already realised I hand't activated the display so that's now fixed. That's how the sat nav worked on my old car unless it was turned off in the dash display option. One less moan lol !

Don't have any real data on MPG yet apart from the cars own numbers.  Driven 200 miles via Snowdonia national park (lots of hills and looking very nice with the snow covered peaks). It's currently claiming 58 mpg.  The dealer filled it with BP Ultimate and it had less than 5 miles on the clock so I'll record the mileage when empty and average over the next four fill ups.

Brakes, clutch and gear change all fee fine so far.

I'll monitor the DPF regen.

Cheers.

PS

Things I do like compared to my 2016 version -

- The responsiveness of Sync 3 and its more intuitive data entry for navigation. The juries still out of the look on the graphics lol but it's very quick in use.  

- The full leather is more comfortable and looks nicer IMO than the half leather.

- Passive entry once I realised I had to remove my hand from the inside of the handle and then touch the outside sensor to lock it lol.

- Ride seems less "thudy" on poor surfaces but I don't know if this is down to difference in tyre brand i.e. Michelin v Conti

- Clutch and gear sift action feel more fluid and natural not sure why

11 hours ago, avi said:

In my 2016 version the ambient light was set with a push switch and rheostat in the overhead console near the sunglasses holder.  Now it's done via the touch screen only buried in a setting menu. 

Re the graphic car status I was being dense and already realised I hand't activated the display so that's now fixed. That's how the sat nav worked on my old car unless it was turned off in the dash display option. One less moan lol !

Don't have any real data on MPG yet apart from the cars own numbers.  Driven 200 miles via Snowdonia national park (lots of hills and looking very nice with the snow covered peaks). It's currently claiming 58 mpg.  The dealer filled it with BP Ultimate and it had less than 5 miles on the clock so I'll record the mileage when empty and average over the next four fill ups.

Brakes, clutch and gear change all fee fine so far.

I'll monitor the DPF regen.

Cheers.

PS

Things I do like compared to my 2016 version -

- The responsiveness of Sync 3 and its more intuitive data entry for navigation. The juries still out of the look on the graphics lol but it's very quick in use.  

- The full leather is more comfortable and looks nicer IMO than the half leather.

- Passive entry once I realised I had to remove my hand from the inside of the handle and then touch the outside sensor to lock it lol.

- Ride seems less "thudy" on poor surfaces but I don't know if this is down to difference in tyre brand i.e. Michelin v Conti

- Clutch and gear sift action feel more fluid and natural not sure why

I didn't know they've put the ambient light in the menus....weird one. I knew how it was before.

So you have full leather and still no climate on the screen.....I just don't understand why not. I don't like to look down to see what setting I want, but in auto works 90% of the time.

Sync 3 yes it's a bit simple and to bright for my liking and when you select for example only the music it has loads of empty spaces on the screen but....hey ho.

Do you get DAB? Over here it's not even an option. I like though that on the radio it has all the channels in a list and you can choose and save what you want without manual searching for each one. I hate that you cant jump from radio station to radio station from the dash fisical buttons. Those 4 buttons are useless to be honest.

I had the same "problems" with the keyless entry hahahah but you will get used to it.

You have conti tyres? 

One thing that I've noticed on mine is  that every now and again when I want to do a very steep hill start in a garage or on the road it bogs down. Don't know if it's because the TC tries to stop the wheels from spinning and brakes or what but to me it happened one time in our garage and to my girlfriend 3 times in another garage. She even tried handbrake start and to no result. It just cuts the power. I will have to do a wheel spin start o see how the TC reacts. In the Fiesta I was getting a little bit of wheel spin in 1st and 2nd.

Try in time and let me know.

Happy discovery of the new things that it has or that it doesn't have...:smile:.

4 hours ago, B0D0 said:

I didn't know they've put the ambient light in the menus....weird one. I knew how it was before.

So you have full leather and still no climate on the screen.....I just don't understand why not. I don't like to look down to see what setting I want, but in auto works 90% of the time.

Sync 3 yes it's a bit simple and to bright for my liking and when you select for example only the music it has loads of empty spaces on the screen but....hey ho.

Do you get DAB? Over here it's not even an option. I like though that on the radio it has all the channels in a list and you can choose and save what you want without manual searching for each one. I hate that you cant jump from radio station to radio station from the dash fisical buttons. Those 4 buttons are useless to be honest.

I had the same "problems" with the keyless entry hahahah but you will get used to it.

You have conti tyres? 

One thing that I've noticed on mine is  that every now and again when I want to do a very steep hill start in a garage or on the road it bogs down. Don't know if it's because the TC tries to stop the wheels from spinning and brakes or what but to me it happened one time in our garage and to my girlfriend 3 times in another garage. She even tried handbrake start and to no result. It just cuts the power. I will have to do a wheel spin start o see how the TC reacts. In the Fiesta I was getting a little bit of wheel spin in 1st and 2nd.

Try in time and let me know.

Happy discovery of the new things that it has or that it doesn't have...:smile:.

No climate control via touch or voice command that I can find.

Yes it's got DAB but I haven't payed with it yet. 

Michelin tyres.

Haven't noticed anything odd on steep hill starts so far.

How quickly does the engine oil turn black/dark ?

Greetings from Finland!

Here is my new Focus ST-line wagon. F1.jpgF2.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Voorti said:

Greetings from Finland!

Here is my new Focus ST-line wagon. F1.jpgF2.jpg

Nice. Are those the 17" blacked out?

32 minutes ago, avi said:

No climate control via touch or voice command that I can find.

Yes it's got DAB but I haven't payed with it yet. 

Michelin tyres.

Haven't noticed anything odd on steep hill starts so far.

How quickly does the engine oil turn black/dark ?

I have no idea how quick it turnes black. I will check it when i have a moment. Maybe i will take a photo too. I have now about 4500 km so it should be quite new....i guess. I am curious to see it because i think it runs 0w30.

What type of Michelin's? Hp or Primacy 3 ? And on 17" or 18"?

1 hour ago, B0D0 said:

Nice. Are those the 17" blacked out?

No, they are original Ford.I was concerned about having problems the guarantee and went with the original wheels. Ford Finland seems to be quite strict with the wheels specs like the offset. 

5D8ECA36-A202-4A8C-8288-382D6A074792.JPG

1 hour ago, B0D0 said:

I have no idea how quick it turnes black. I will check it when i have a moment. Maybe i will take a photo too. I have now about 4500 km so it should be quite new....i guess. I am curious to see it because i think it runs 0w30.

My previous Focus, (2016 trend) had about 15.000km on the clock before I boughed my current ST-line. I had the 1.0 ecoboost, (uses Ford/Castrol 0W30) and the oil turned visibly darker after about 9000km. I had my first oil change at that point. 

6 hours ago, B0D0 said:

I

1 hour ago, B0D0 said:

I was just curious about the oil after reading a comment on the forum, The comment was that following a oil service the OP's oil was very dark by the time he'd driven home suggesting new oil changes colour real quick but I don't know if that generally what happens so quick.

The tyres are 235/40 18 XL 95 W and I think they're Michelin Contact Sport.

10 minutes ago, Voorti said:

My previous Focus, (2016 trend) had about 15.000km on the clock before I boughed my current ST-line. I had the 1.0 ecoboost, (uses Ford/Castrol 0W30) and the oil turned visibly darker after about 9000km. I had my first oil change at that point. 

Cheers. I was wondering if the colour change was more pronounced in diesel engines and if the fuel additive packs used by different diesel brands had any impact on this. 

Very nice car BTW. White was my other colour choice.

4 hours ago, Voorti said:

No, they are original Ford.I was concerned about having problems the guarantee and went with the original wheels. Ford Finland seems to be quite strict with the wheels specs like the offset. 

5D8ECA36-A202-4A8C-8288-382D6A074792.JPG

Thx. I have the same ones but in the nornal colour. They look cool in black.

On 03/03/2017 at 4:44 PM, avi said:

I was just curious about the oil after reading a comment on the forum, The comment was that following a oil service the OP's oil was very dark by the time he'd driven home suggesting new oil changes colour real quick but I don't know if that generally what happens so quick.

The tyres are 235/40 18 XL 95 W and I think they're Michelin Contact Sport.

Uffff..what a bad weekend.

Yesterday the car got dirty again, because of a 15 min quick rain and today...I decided to check the oil and take some photos of it. A 2 min job took me about one hour hahahaha.:wallbash:

I managed to drop the phone in the engine bay under the engine and there's a engine protection under. Good job I have a spare wheel, although I didn't want one, because I had to take the left wheel off to be able to fish the phone out.

The oil is not bad. On the tissue it looks black but on the hand it looks like oil, very thin oil.IMG-20170304-WA0004.jpgIMG-20170304-WA0007.jpgIMG-20170304-WA0005.jpg

49 minutes ago, B0D0 said:

Uffff..what a bad weekend.

Yesterday the car got dirty again, because of a 15 min quick rain and today...I decided to check the oil and take some photos of it. A 2 min job took me about one hour hahahaha.:wallbash:

I managed to drop the phone in the engine bay under the engine and there's a engine protection under. Good job I have a spare wheel, although I didn't want one, because I had to take the left wheel off to be able to fish the phone out.

The oil is not bad. On the tissue it looks black but on the hand it looks like oil, very thin oil.IMG-20170304-WA0004.jpgIMG-20170304-WA0007.jpgIMG-20170304-WA0005.jpg

Thanks and I'm sorry to cause you so much trouble. :blush:    My daughter dropped her phone down the toilet and guess who got to fish it out ?? :whistling:

How many miles since you had the oil changed ?

I've only done a couple of hundred miles but the oil is still pretty light amber type colour but I'm sure that will change.

48 minutes ago, avi said:

Thanks and I'm sorry to cause you so much trouble. :blush:    My daughter dropped her phone down the toilet and guess who got to fish it out ?? :whistling:

How many miles since you had the oil changed ?

I've only done a couple of hundred miles but the oil is still pretty light amber type colour but I'm sure that will change.

No worrys. Not your fault.

The car is still new, 2700 miles on the clock and never had work done to it. Maybe they toped it up at the 2000 miles "friendly service" as they call it here when I took the car for the check up. This is what they do here .

Can't wait to see pictures of your car.

• Like 1

If its a diesel then the oil will be black alot quicker than the petrol version.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, midnighttd said:

If its a diesel then the oil will be black alot quicker than the petrol version.

+1... Diesels blacken the oil very quickly...

16 hours ago, B0D0 said:

Can't wait to see pictures of your car.

A few quick snaps.

2017 front.jpg

2017 side.jpg

2017 inside.jpg

• Like 4

20 hours ago, B0D0 said:

Yesterday the car got dirty again

Tell me about it. Just done an initial iron decon and couldn't believe how much was on the car.  BH Korrosol is great stuff.

5 hours ago, avi said:

A few quick snaps.

2017 front.jpg

2017 side.jpg

2017 inside.jpg

Thx.

It looks really nice.

Was your chrome grille a bit rusty ish/ tarnished? I had to use some polish on mine because it was and i know I am not the only one.

The patern of the  leather seats looks different than before no? 

But i see they still have the same "problem". The bum area lifts up kind of.

What buttons do you have next to the shifter? 2 for parking and heated steering wheel?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club